Batch 19 | Coors Brewing Company

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Added by Jason on 05-04-2010

Ratings: 1,264 |  Reviews: 242
1.14/5  rDev -66.7%

A: Golden-brown, minimal head, pretty meh lacing.

S: Ugh, smells like a Coors product. Adjunct city.

T: Tastes like a Coors product too, but like someone was playing a trick and threw too much bittering hops in there. Salty carbonic finish.

M: Thin bodied, prickly carbonation, sticky metallic finish.

O: This beer taught me a lesson: Look at who the damn brewer is before you buy the product. Coors once again proves it can't make a decent beer.

Update: Tried the beer a second time upon getting home after having a few (much better) beers at the bar. It was even worse than the first bottle this afternoon. Drainpour. Must update ratings. How the Beer Bros rated this a 90 I have NO idea.

1.25/5  rDev -63.5%

1.25/5  rDev -63.5%

1.3/5  rDev -62%

sickly-sweet, with a poor blend of flavors. The honey taste does not blend well, standing out in an awkward manner rather than enhancing flavor. As if Coors could not agree on an overall theme and tried to include all. Sweet/bitter/sour without distinction.

1.4/5  rDev -59.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

1.5/5  rDev -56.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Ugh, not good. Not good at all. It took a lot to stomach this one. I give it a 1.5 instead of a 1, only because I was able to finish it without drain pouring. Although it was close. If this is supposed to mimic the style of a pre-prohibition lager, then I am very glad we have moved beyond that time period. Otherwise I probably would not be a beer drinker if this is how they all tasted.

Would Drink Again: No
Would Purchase Again: No

1.6/5  rDev -53.2%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

1.62/5  rDev -52.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

On draft at Miller Park. Brewers vs. Nationals. Great seats right behind first base.

The beer is hazy and light brown with a half inch of light khaki head. The aroma is adjunct sweetness, sweet caramel malt. Smells macro all the way. The taste is just shitty. There's really no other way to say it. I try to rate to style, and I don't expect an adjunct lager to have the complexity of a gueze or big imperial stout. That said, this beer tastes like syrup, artificial sweeteners, fake fruity crap. There is no integrity in this product. This beer was designed for commercial purposes only. Gross on so many levels. Avoid.

1.69/5  rDev -50.6%

This is the worst swill I've ever had. I bought a twelve pack, and the only -- O.N.L.Y. thing I can use this for is boiling brats! What utter dreck.

It is quite hoppy at first, but the finish has this - flavor - that reminds me of open sewage. It even "felt" to me as if there were "chunks" in it, even though I know it did not. It was possibly the worst experience I've ever had.

The twelve cost me $13 (a ripoff), and I feel bad because I just got done telling my wife that I would certainly be able to drink the entire twelve pack. But one taste and I poured the rest down the sink.

1.85/5  rDev -45.9%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2

i'm very surprised at the high ratings for this beer. there's virtually no smell, it's taste is very bland and watered down. i'd rather drink coors banquet anyday.

1.86/5  rDev -45.6%

I purchased a 6 pack of this thinking it was a local micro @ 10.00 a 6 pack I was robbed. Cracked open a cold one and had to do a double check. Is this beer or water. Oh its a Coors product. you would think that a company that has been in business as long as the big boys they would figure out how to create some beers.

Batch 19 from Coors Brewing Company