Batch 19 | Coors Brewing Company

Ratings: 1,264 |  Reviews: 242

1.75/5  rDev -47.3%

2.5/5  rDev -24.7%

4.42/5  rDev +33.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

I remember the first time I bought Batch 19 at my local liquor store. I wasn't too sure what to expect but I'm glad I bought some. Coors outdid themselves when figuring out the brew of Batch 19. Not to mention the bottles are very neat. Near the cap there looks to be a fashioned groove that was most likely an assembly line feature used on beer bottles from then time.
Appearance-wise its a bit darker for a lager but definitely not a dark lager. More of a dark blackish brown color that pours rather smooth.
Smell-wise there's more of a malty bitter smell to it. Not a whole lot going on but it gives a sneak preview to what kind of beer it is.
Taste-wise its very bold, malty, smooth, and just rather tasty. Its nothing like Coors but at the same time I really like it. In my opinion I'd prefer it over a Bud Black Crown which is the prime competitor.
In your mouth its very smooth and solid. Won't kick you in the butt but lets you know its there.
Overall I really like Coors Batch 19. If beer in 1919 was really as tasty as that, I can see why prohibition was in force.

3.38/5  rDev +1.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

I was impressed. It has the characteristic dry malt profile of a macro brew...no sweet lingering on the tongue. But the hops stand out. Reminds me of a lager I once brewed that got too warm and too attenuated. Needed months lagering to smooth it out.

Coors has made a solid beer here. If they can manage to avoid marking it up to craft beer prices, they could find themselves with a new hit. Just a few bucks more than a 12-pack of the Banquet would be perfect. The fancy bottles are nice too...shame they aren't pry-off!

2.5/5  rDev -24.7%

2.75/5  rDev -17.2%

3.06/5  rDev -7.8%

A: Crystal clear and pale gold. Nice full white head on top.

S: Somewhat typical of an American lager. There is some nice graininess, perhaps a little dry hay smell, and a touch of soil. There is just the slightest whiff of a grassy and herbal hop smell.

T: Grainy, at first, some light herbal flavors, as well as the dry hay flavor coming in. Not bad, but nothing amazing. There is a hint at hops in the finish.

M: Medium light, the carbonation actually seems a touch low for the style, however I can still feel a little bit of carbonic bite. The finish feels a little more rounded out rather than crisp.

O: Overall I think it is drinkable. It is an interesting departure from their regular beers, that just so happens to taste a lot like all their other beers, albeit slightly better.

Batch 19 from Coors Brewing Company