Batch 19 | Coors Brewing Company

2.25/5  rDev -32.2%

2.23/5  rDev -32.8%

1.75/5  rDev -47.3%

2.12/5  rDev -36.1%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

Ba Review #282
Served On: 06/29/2013
Glassware: Pint Glass
Labeled ABV: 5.5%
Date/ Code: -

This was a bottle from a sixer I picked up at the Red Roase bar in Hellam, PA.

Look: A clear watery straw consistency with no real color profile. This beer could probably define the word ‘pale’. The head was just a thin coating of white haze. There was some noticeable lacing when I tipped the glass.

Smell: Surprisingly no real skunk in the aroma. Besides that, not much of a nose. Sweet grainy corn and rice with a solvent chariter.

Taste: At first I got a crisp refreshing sensation followed by some metallic and corn notes. After about four sips it started tasting like water with a terrible dry metallic aftertaste. It was the same aftertaste I get with Yuengling Traditional Lager (which this probably could pass for if they added caramel coloring like Yuengling does).

I think the quality of this beer is relative to the situation. In my case it was the better of multiple evils, and it was hot out. If I were to have this beer at a bar or restaurant, it would certainly be a lot worse.

1.86/5  rDev -44%

I purchased a 6 pack of this thinking it was a local micro @ 10.00 a 6 pack I was robbed. Cracked open a cold one and had to do a double check. Is this beer or water. Oh its a Coors product. you would think that a company that has been in business as long as the big boys they would figure out how to create some beers.

2.5/5  rDev -24.7%

2.78/5  rDev -16.3%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Seemed interesting, I only realized it was COORS when I opened it.
A-Golden yellow, nothing special
S-Smells like a typical Coors beer, metalic
T-Not something to remember
M-Again, standard Coors
O-I was not impressed, the guy at ABC Liquor was very excited, and sold me well, bastard! This is nothing different than the standard Coors crap from Walmart.

3.25/5  rDev -2.1%

1.5/5  rDev -54.8%

3.25/5  rDev -2.1%

3.04/5  rDev -8.4%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

I have become spoiled living in Michigan and all the great craft beers we have. I was pleasantly surprised to taste this decent craft style beer by one of the big boys, Coors. It isn't as lifeless as a Bud Light or Coors Light. There is an actual taste. Although the hop flavor is limited, it is there. It has a smooth taste and not bitter. I would drink it on a hot day when I don't want to be filled up.

Batch 19 from Coors Brewing Company