Batch 19 | Coors Brewing Company

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Added by Jason on 05-04-2010

Ratings: 1,264 |  Reviews: 242
4.2/5  rDev +22.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 4

Well I'll be....I'd heard rumors that if you went to the tap room at the Coors plant in Golden, CO, they actually had some really good small batch beers...available only there. I've always considered regular Coors beer watery and nearly taste-free--I'll take a PBR over all the macro-beers. This beer though is quite lovely, with a sweet malty nose and noticeable hops in the taste--like a good basic German or maybe more Czech, lager. Sweet, slightly corn, but extremely well balanced against the hops. I'm guessing this is about 25 IBUs or so, which is right in the running for Czech or German lagers. Clean palat-cleansing finish--a very satisfying session beer. If only NORMAL Coors were so good!

Proves too that pre-prohibition American lagers really were/are respectable, decent beers, which shouldn't be despised by the IPA-or-nothing crowds....

This really is a great beer, all the more for the fact that a macro-brewery made it...proving those guys really are capable of making delicious beers--if American consumers actually demanded them...

2.75/5  rDev -19.6%

3.53/5  rDev +3.2%
look: 4 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 4

I was quite surprised actually, have always enjoyed Coors over most American brews so perhaps it appealed to my taste buds easily.

The smell of the hops was very good and its overall taste was better than adverage. Will I purchase it again, only if my choices are poor.

I did like the shape of the bottle with the double ring around the neck, but it does nothing to enhance the quality of the beer.

Yes, I would recommend it, especially if you have not tried it already.

3.89/5  rDev +13.7%

a nice beer. Meets my standard "tastes like beer". I am not a fan of the strongly hopped flavors that are most prevalent today in "beer". This one tastes like a good beer, but could have a touch more strength in flavor.
It is good.

2.5/5  rDev -26.9%

3.67/5  rDev +7.3%

Batch 19 is good, not great. I was expecting more from this "pre-prohibition" beer. It's a step above Coors Light for sure, but it's not as remarkable as the label would have you believe. I was expecting a higher ABV content as well. Overall, it's a good beer, but it's not noteworthy enough where I need to have it again.

Batch 19 from Coors Brewing Company