Blue Moon Summer Honey Wheat | Coors Brewing Company

Added by Atlas1 on 06-17-2011

20%

Ratings: 1,133 |  Reviews: 160
3.79/5  rDev +22.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Great summer beer. Honey is not overwhelming. Great taste. Easy to drink. Will definitely get it again.

2.25/5  rDev -27.4%

3.25/5  rDev +4.8%

4.25/5  rDev +37.1%

3.14/5  rDev +1.3%

ya know.... I think ya just need the right stuff at the right time... because I KNEW what to expect from this guy, but the very cold, light, easy-drinking nature while I am hot and sweaty and getting ready for the Kings' Game 3 just tasted pretty darned good. I poured it softly so I wouldn't lose any flavor in the head, and I certainly got the corn-piss-adjunct in it, but it was okay. okay for right now, otherwise i'd be urinating on the bottle just about any other time I would drink it. yeah, I guess I can be a 'snob', but i'm a fair one, no? and as much as I abhor that camel piss swill bud light, they have a pretty decent commercial they're playing during the hockey playoffs....

2.75/5  rDev -11.3%

2.8/5  rDev -9.7%

Consumed June 7th, 2014 directly from the bottle by the pool in a friend's back yard, which should be the optimal consumption environment for this brew.

Appearance cannot be rated properly since I drank directly from bottle, so I'm going with "average" since I couldn't tell.

Aroma was indistinct sweetness and a touch of orange.

Flavor was very mild. Almost no wheat taste (that tell-tale, agreeable metallic zing) nor yeast character (soft powdery notes, floral, peppery, bananas, cloves, etc...) which leaves the tongue wandering around, searching for elusive notes of orange (found it) and honey (got it, too). Seriously muted with bashful flavors all around.

Average mouthfeel with moderate levels of carbonation and medium body.

Overall, a pretty pointless brew, in my opinion. I want to actually taste the ingredients, not pound thin beer water by the pool.

3.03/5  rDev -2.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

Appearance:
Pale gold color, clear. Some carbonation. Thin head.

Aroma:
Very faint. I could smell a little bread and lemon.

Taste/Finish/Body:
sweet, bready, grainy, touch of honey. Some crisp bitterness towards the end, a little lemon-pepper. Finish is very dry, a little chalky. Body is light, dry, a little flat.

Overall:
It's an average beer.

3.25/5  rDev +4.8%

2.75/5  rDev -11.3%

3.23/5  rDev +4.2%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

A light hazy colored brew with white soapy froth. Aroma is sweet with lemon, honey and bread. In the taste, lemon and honey. Faint bitterness does little to stand in the wat malty dextrins. Light body with a smooth medium carbonation. Overall, this is a ok beer, it is refreshing in its ways. Not bad.

The stuff is awful. There is just no other word for it. It looks good, but that is where it ends. Smells like staw-corn-piss mixture, nasty coors based yuck! I guess it did not help that I drank a Westy 12 before this, but even if I did'nt, this beer is the pits. Taste is exactly like the smell is and like if it could actually get any worse...the taste goes down hill as it warms and ends with a genuine used toilet water taste. I purchased a 12 pack of the collection including Summer, Regular, Farmhouse, and the Agave Blond, and all of them were equally disgusting nasty beer. The color was different between them all, but other than that, all taste nasty. I just can't get past that nasty wet liquid corn taste ... it is repulsive. I am not totally against Coors as Coors light would rank a 5 against this nasty-ass shit.

Blue Moon Summer Honey Wheat from Coors Brewing Company