Coors Light Iced T | Coors Brewing Company

coors.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Added by wordemupg on 03-31-2012

4.59/5  rDev +140.3%

Quite different than anything else out there. Being a Southerner I love some iced tea but didn't expect to like this. Turns out I love it. Smells better than most beer (sweetish) and tastes more like tea than it does beer. Will definitely be buying this again. Hopefully they keep it on the shelves and don't discontinue it.

3.75/5  rDev +96.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.64/5  rDev +90.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Alright... so here it is. Coors Light Iced T, it's far from a beer. If you want to drink a BEER, stray far from this beverage. I really want to give this drink a fair review though, because it's really not that bad (as long as, again, you're in the mood for quaffing something other than a real beer).

Pours a colour slightly darker than the average macro, with a two finger head that quickly fizzles down to zero. No lacing, little cap.

Very sweet smell, dominant candy-like lemon scent, followed by tea, followed by the very faintest beer scent.

It doesn't taste much different than it smells. Sweet, candy lemon/iced tea with practically no malt or hops or anything that makes a beer a beer.

Soda pop like fizziness, very refreshing.

Call me crazy, but OVERALL, I like this drink. I wouldn't classify it as a beer by any means. It's like an iced tea cooler, only less sweet with no detectable alcohol flavours. If you gave it to a small child, they wouldn't know the difference between this and a carbonated iced tea soda pop concoction. It is incredibly refreshing. But I'll say it one last time, this is no beer. So beware. If you've ever wished for a soda that will get you buzzed, this is for you.

Cheers.

3.5/5  rDev +83.2%

3.09/5  rDev +61.8%

Pours a light pencil yellow colour with a moderate soapy white head that burns off within a couple of minutes, leaving a string of a collar behind without any lacing.

It actually smells pretty nice. Lemongrass, green tea and a hint of ginger ale. Some grains and a light honey sweetness as well.

Very refreshing taste. Sharp lemon, slightly dry tea and nary a hint of anything resembling beer. Has more in common with a lemon flavoured ginger ale. Far less sweet than I expected.

Very thin mouthfeel with moderate carbonation. Bright pop on the tongue with an ever so slight oiliness. The finish is scantily malty, mildly dry and bitter. The aftertaste brings a lingering lemon flavour.

From a technical standpoint this beer is terrible on all accounts, but it’s far less offensive than most flavoured beers such as BL Lime and it does make a refreshing and extremely drinkable beverage. By all logic I should hate this, but I don’t and I could see myself picking this up for golfing, fishing or having it at a baseball game.

2.84/5  rDev +48.7%

2 years ago I was on the beach and at the bar there were serving this new drink for free!
So I wanted to give it a try.
The smell is quite nice I got to say, they tried to reproduce the flavour of the Iced Tea and I think the combination of it is quite nice on a hot summer day
Its a real refreshing beer very different that those lime beer. I got to tell u won t get drunk with that beer very easily.
Thats why I give a 3 because on a hot summer day drink 1 or 2 is definitely refreshing.
Even for women this beer might impressed u.
Would I recommend it. I will say yes. Its a changement from all those Lime Beer.

2.75/5  rDev +44%

2.64/5  rDev +38.2%

Last year it was lime, this year it would seem to be iced tea. Whatever, every beer deserves a chance.

Appearance: The pour produced a thin half finger of head that did not lace nor retain, so we aren't starting out well. Surprisingly a good amount of carbonation in the body, which looks like, well iced tea mixed with a light beer.

Smell: Unsurprisingly the smell of lemon iced tea dominates the nose. There's also a sugary note to it as well, with the barest touch of straw malt in the background. It's not bad, it's not especially good but it is as advertised.

Taste: I really want to try to analyze this beer but it, like the smell is as advertised. It tastes like Coors Light with some canned iced tea mixed into it. It works, just not very well as the malt takes away from the tea taste as it tries to struggle though, and the iced tea taste seems to mesh oddly with the carbonation. Still I've had worse.

Mouthfeel: Points get deducted for the complete lack of head. In this case here the carbonation seems to help bring out the iced tea taste, but instead of helping, it makes us realize why tea isn't meant to be carbonated. Nice mild iced tea aftertaste though, the beer seems to pull back the sweetness here.

Drinkability: Well, it's certainly refreshing but it's an odd beast to say the least. The high carbonation doesn't do it many favours, making it a bit gassy but it is easy enough going down. I don't know if I'd want more then a couple though.

Final Thoughts: I wouldn't regularly drink this, but it's not as bad as I thought it would be. The problem here is I'd probably be more charitable if I hadn't already had Mill St Lemon Tea Beer which is the right way of doing this. Maybe give it a shot, but don't buy a six pack.

2.5/5  rDev +30.9%

2.5/5  rDev +30.9%

2.25/5  rDev +17.8%

2.22/5  rDev +16.2%

Tallboy can from the LCBO. As an iced tea drinker, this at least looks like it might sort of be up my alley, certainly moreso than those stupid lime lagers that were all the craze a few years ago. Still, my expectations are... tempered, given the brewer.

Pours a translucent golden colour, a bit deeper than Coors Light but not much more attractive. The head looks rather promising at first - frothy and more than two fingers thick - but it fizzles away as quickly as any other macro light lager head, with absolutely no cap or lacing. The smell is ok - a bit lemony, but mostly just syrupy sweet Nestea-like flavour, with the actual beer-like aromas buried well beneath these overtones. Probably for the best.

The taste is tolerable, but rather muddled. The same sweet, syrupy commercial iced tea flavour from the aroma is here in force, with some slight lemon zest that provides a bit of (much appreciated) tartness. The aftertaste blends these flavours with the usual bland, diluted musty corn flavour of regular Coors Light. Light-bodied and watery, and very fizzy with its high carbonation, but something in the ingredients list gives it a slick, syrupy mouthfeel, which is definitely not an advantage for a light/adjunct lager. Drinkable, ideally served somewhere outdoors, with a high ambient temperature.

This definitely tastes more like iced tea than beer (not actual iced tea with tea leaves; just mass-produced Nestea/Brisk type stuff). I'm sort of on the fence here - I like this more than the regular Coors Light, but that's probably because it actually tastes like something besides fizzy water. Much like the regular stuff, this brew is clearly geared toward the palates of people who don't really like beer that much.

Final Grade: 2.2, a slightly-tolerable D grade. I really doubt this will take off like lime beers did, but I've been wrong before. For what it's worth, this is fairly refreshing, and far from the worst 'flavoured malt beverage' I've ever had. That being said, I doubt I'll ever buy this again. If I'm sitting on a hot patio, there are too many other brews I'd select first - a wit, a fruitbier, even a more orthodox pale lager or pilsener would be preferable over the deformed, cross-eyed chimera that is Coors Light Iced T.

2.11/5  rDev +10.5%

341ml bottle. Glad I could procure a single from those nice folks inexplicably leaving Willow Park with two shopping carts stacked full of this stuff. Glory be to us, as Canadians, as the initial deployment market.

This beer pours a clear, medium golden colour (a fair bit darker than the regular offering, relativity accounted for), with a measly half finger of fizzy white soda-pop head, which bleeds away anon, leaving but a thin ebbing ring of surface lace around the glass.

It smells of citrus-tinged sweet Texas tea - watered down twice or thrice, and little else. Ok, maybe flat 7-Up mixed with Goodhost iced tea powder. Anyways, the taste is sweet rice grainy malt, blended in equal amounts with fake, sugary tea, and a weak lemon/lime fruitiness. Seriously, this is pretty much Bud Light Lime, with a healthy (heh) spoonful of iced tea powder. Gah.

The bubbles are average, nothing to really get all that into, the body a medium baiting weight, surprisingly so, given the source beer's notorious thinness, and plainly smooth. It finishes with a lessening sweetness, the iced tea flavour abating as well, leaving us with some generic sugary notes, and weird herbal interlopers.

Molson-Coors sales office, scene, winter, 2012: 'hmmm, sales are dropping off for our core brands (which happen to be BEER), so let's move even further away from that, re-purposing an oft-mimicked hack at AB to capture a more 'summer' feel.' Sigh. While I'm weirdly impressed with the extra body heft, the rest just makes me think of regressing 20 (ok, 5, what's it to ya?) years in my drinking life, and ordering a Long Island Iced Tea. Bang for your buck, and all that, eh?

1.96/5  rDev +2.6%

Pours a clean yellow color with a white head. In the aroma, it smells like iced tea and sugary lemon. In the taste, just as you would think, it tastes like iced tea with a bunch of lemon juice poured in it. A small bite and a lighter bodied mouthfeel, with a sweet lemon iced tea like aftertaste. I guess this is a beer, but more a malternitive. Sweet tea beer, I guess there is a market for it.

1.88/5  rDev -1.6%