Coors Light Iced T | Coors Brewing Company

Liked:
1.9/5
Alströms:

2.11/5  rDev +11.1%

341ml bottle. Glad I could procure a single from those nice folks inexplicably leaving Willow Park with two shopping carts stacked full of this stuff. Glory be to us, as Canadians, as the initial deployment market.

This beer pours a clear, medium golden colour (a fair bit darker than the regular offering, relativity accounted for), with a measly half finger of fizzy white soda-pop head, which bleeds away anon, leaving but a thin ebbing ring of surface lace around the glass.

It smells of citrus-tinged sweet Texas tea - watered down twice or thrice, and little else. Ok, maybe flat 7-Up mixed with Goodhost iced tea powder. Anyways, the taste is sweet rice grainy malt, blended in equal amounts with fake, sugary tea, and a weak lemon/lime fruitiness. Seriously, this is pretty much Bud Light Lime, with a healthy (heh) spoonful of iced tea powder. Gah.

The bubbles are average, nothing to really get all that into, the body a medium baiting weight, surprisingly so, given the source beer's notorious thinness, and plainly smooth. It finishes with a lessening sweetness, the iced tea flavour abating as well, leaving us with some generic sugary notes, and weird herbal interlopers.

Molson-Coors sales office, scene, winter, 2012: 'hmmm, sales are dropping off for our core brands (which happen to be BEER), so let's move even further away from that, re-purposing an oft-mimicked hack at AB to capture a more 'summer' feel.' Sigh. While I'm weirdly impressed with the extra body heft, the rest just makes me think of regressing 20 (ok, 5, what's it to ya?) years in my drinking life, and ordering a Long Island Iced Tea. Bang for your buck, and all that, eh?

1.88/5  rDev -1.1%

1.79/5  rDev -5.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

473ml Bottle from the LCBO on King Edward for 2.25$

Appearance - Clear yellow colour with a smaller size fizzy white coloured head. There is an average amount of carbonation showing and there isn't much lacing. The head lasted for less than 60 seconds.

Smell - Tea, lemon, corn

Taste & Mouth - The beer has an average amount of carbonation an I can taste artificial lemon and tea mixed with some light grains and corn syrup. It ends with a sugary sweet aftertaste.

Overall - Well I had to try it. For what it's worth, I think I prefer it more than Bud Light Lime. It isn't so bad when it's going down, but the aftertaste leaves me wondering what the hell I just drank. I'm curious to see if this takes off. I wouldn't drink it again.. it's not a beer in my books.

1.76/5  rDev -7.4%

355ml can poured into pint glass 29/3/12

A clear golden liquid with average carbonation feeding a large noisy pop like head that fizzled out in seconds leaving no lace

S I'd believe this was pop well before I believed its beer, it smells of iced tea and not much else, just a little macro lager trying to poke its head out

T like you poured half a beer into a bottle of Iced tea, it just doesn't work very well

M watery, fizzy, again more like a pop then beer

O its a drain pour for sure, hard to even call this beer

Acronyms can be fun I think this one will be forever remembered as C.L.I.T.
Don't bother with this one its a waste of time

1.38/5  rDev -27.4%

This was free in a case that we bought for a party...

A - Pours a golden color, finger of head with no retention or lacing.

S - Sweet, sugary iced tea, hint of musty grains and bread.

T - It tastes like iced tea, not beer. Hardly discernible as beer. This stuff is drinkable, but doesn't fall in the beer category. The sweetness is reminiscent of a soda drink.

M - A tad thin and watery, finishes wet.

O - Not surprised, but I had to try it, plus it was free. Definitely wouldn't buy this nor would I recommend it to anyone. I suppose it would be a good alternative for someone who didn't like beer, but likes to drink other alcoholic drinks out of beer bottles to fit in with a beer crowd?

1.96/5  rDev +3.2%

Pours a clean yellow color with a white head. In the aroma, it smells like iced tea and sugary lemon. In the taste, just as you would think, it tastes like iced tea with a bunch of lemon juice poured in it. A small bite and a lighter bodied mouthfeel, with a sweet lemon iced tea like aftertaste. I guess this is a beer, but more a malternitive. Sweet tea beer, I guess there is a market for it.

2.22/5  rDev +16.8%

Tallboy can from the LCBO. As an iced tea drinker, this at least looks like it might sort of be up my alley, certainly moreso than those stupid lime lagers that were all the craze a few years ago. Still, my expectations are... tempered, given the brewer.

Pours a translucent golden colour, a bit deeper than Coors Light but not much more attractive. The head looks rather promising at first - frothy and more than two fingers thick - but it fizzles away as quickly as any other macro light lager head, with absolutely no cap or lacing. The smell is ok - a bit lemony, but mostly just syrupy sweet Nestea-like flavour, with the actual beer-like aromas buried well beneath these overtones. Probably for the best.

The taste is tolerable, but rather muddled. The same sweet, syrupy commercial iced tea flavour from the aroma is here in force, with some slight lemon zest that provides a bit of (much appreciated) tartness. The aftertaste blends these flavours with the usual bland, diluted musty corn flavour of regular Coors Light. Light-bodied and watery, and very fizzy with its high carbonation, but something in the ingredients list gives it a slick, syrupy mouthfeel, which is definitely not an advantage for a light/adjunct lager. Drinkable, ideally served somewhere outdoors, with a high ambient temperature.

This definitely tastes more like iced tea than beer (not actual iced tea with tea leaves; just mass-produced Nestea/Brisk type stuff). I'm sort of on the fence here - I like this more than the regular Coors Light, but that's probably because it actually tastes like something besides fizzy water. Much like the regular stuff, this brew is clearly geared toward the palates of people who don't really like beer that much.

Final Grade: 2.2, a slightly-tolerable D grade. I really doubt this will take off like lime beers did, but I've been wrong before. For what it's worth, this is fairly refreshing, and far from the worst 'flavoured malt beverage' I've ever had. That being said, I doubt I'll ever buy this again. If I'm sitting on a hot patio, there are too many other brews I'd select first - a wit, a fruitbier, even a more orthodox pale lager or pilsener would be preferable over the deformed, cross-eyed chimera that is Coors Light Iced T.

2.5/5  rDev +31.6%

1.23/5  rDev -35.3%

The acronym of this beer causes me far too much amusement, so I wanted to try it in order to pan it honestly. Overall it's as sweet as a soda, and may appeal to those who would prefer a 4% soda on a hot day...

Insipid golden colour yields no head and has very little visible carbonation, although mouthfeel not as bad as I expected. Sweet aroma solely of ice tea. Likewise no sign of malted barley or hops in the flavour, just a sweet "pop" like drink. Fascinating.

Long live the craft beer movement!!

1.25/5  rDev -34.2%

2.25/5  rDev +18.4%

1.26/5  rDev -33.7%

Can of C.L.I.T into pint glass.

A- Darker color than normal Coors Light. Absolutely zero head.

S- Typical adjunct aroma of corn and cereal. Throw in iced tea and dollar store perfume and that about sums it up. It smells a lot better than it tastes...

T- That brings me to the taste of this monstrosity. Basically it's best described as Coors light with sugar, tea and a butt load of perfume. I passed the glass around to several people and they all tasted perfume and cringed.

M- Light bodied. Good carbonation.

O- As much as I don't go for Coors and Miller and Bud and Canadian anymore I still will grab a bottle now and than when nothing is available. But why, oh God why?? Add this nightmare to their ever growing arsenal of complete crap. Bud light lime is palatable at least. This stuff is just rancid...

1.25/5  rDev -34.2%