Blue Moon Agave Nectar Ale | Coors Brewing Company

Style: American Pale Wheat Ale

Availability: Summer

Added by TMoney2591 on 04-08-2012

3.04/5  rDev +1.3%

Bottle Poured into a frosty mug.

A - Light amber look, a little bit pale it seems.

S - Smells kinda bland, like a Hefe

T - Still a somewhat bland taste. I was looking for a unique taste since it was an Agave Nectar ale, but not a whole lot of flavor. A very, very slight taste from the agave nectar.

M - Despite the rest, it has a smooth mouthfeel.

Overall - A relatively average beer. I was expecting more from Blue Moon and especially since it's such an exotic style, but it wasn't very exciting. However, towards the end of the frosty mug of Agave Nectar Ale, it seemed to offer a little bit more flavor.

I will add though, that a few of these brought me to quite a delightful drunk!

3.25/5  rDev +8.3%

I really enjoy visiting Mari's Six Pac 'n' Mor in Reading because not only is it a friendly, inviting atmosphere, but everything is available as a single! That may not register of people out-of-state, but PA's case law makes it VERY difficult to buy less than a sixer as a general rule. I am like a hippie in that I will try anything once, man. Beyond that, it had better be a WOW!

From the bottle: "This blonde wheat ale is crafted with agave nectar for a subtle sweetness and a balanced taste."; "Inspired by our brewmaster's travels through Mexico, our Agave Nectar Ale is crafted with agave nectar and white wheat for a subtle sweetness and a smooth, crisp finish. It's like a little shade in a bottle."

Ultra-fresh, but perhaps too early as it is still quite cool for Spring. No shade needed as I began my pour, resulting in two dense fingers of bone-white head with great retention. Color was a deep golden-yellow with NE-quality clarity. Across the room, I saw Midas and Croesus rubbing their hands together but this was all mine. Nose had more of a lager-like honey sweetness along with a lime-like citrusiness. Interesting. Mouthfeel was medium with a very honey-wheat sweet flavor on the tongue. I was reminded of my late Pops' traditional breakfast of Wheaties in drinking this. I think that I will recommend a change since "Fruit/Vegetable Beer" is supposed to go away anyway. Finish was pleasantly dry and refreshing and I could easily see quaffing a few of these during the summer.

2.6/5  rDev -13.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

A: Clear light gold. Low white head and bubbly. Looks like coors light.

S: Rice. Light alcohol note.

T: Weird sour mash flavor. I get an unseasoned fatty sort of flavor. The end finishes a too sweet for me, no doubt from the extra agave sugars.

M: Light. Thin. A little sugary mouthcoating aftertaste.

O: Too sweet for me. I'm not snooty about weird ingredients in my beers, but this was a miss.

2.75/5  rDev -8.3%

3.75/5  rDev +25%

2.97/5  rDev -1%

This is an OK offering from Blue Moon...mine says Agave Nectar Ale...I suppose it is the same as the blonde..is a blone ale.
A: Yellow with a little lacing when pored
S: Sweet...you can kinda get an agave like hint in there
T: Wheat, sweet, Agave ...a little citrus hint...like a really sweet Blue moon Wheat..but with no Belgian spices
M: very smmmmoooth...on a hot day these things would go down like water...
Overall...not a bad beer. Sweet, kinda tangy...smooth...not over carbonated...you could drink a bunch of these...not too filling.
Descent..but a plain Blue Moon Whitbeer would be better...

3.18/5  rDev +6%

Appearance - Pours clear and golden, with a white finger width head. Fair retention. Lacing is spotty at best, with poor stick.

Smell - Smells... like an adjunct lager. Odd. Grainy and sweet.

Taste - Light. Grains and sweetness mostly, with a bit of wheat poking through mid-taste. Sweetness from the agave can be tasted throughout, but really shows most in the aftertaste.

Mouthfeel - Light to medium body with a crisp bite from the carbonation. Semi-dry finish.

Overall - Not much to this brew; I think it's ambition is greater than the end result. Drinks closer to an adjunct lager than a pale wheat ale. I wouldn't buy this again, but I'd accept if offered.

3.75/5  rDev +25%