Coors Light | Coors Brewing Company (Molson-Coors)

Coors LightCoors Light
2.04/5
Poor
Coors LightCoors Light

Coors Brewing Company (Molson-Coors)
Colorado, United States
millercoors.com

Style: American Light Lager

None provided.

User Reviews & Ratings
Reviews: 1,363 | Ratings: 5,431
1.43/5  rDev -29.9%

The beer looks like it would be good, a nice amount of head, and color is nice pale color. The smell, egads! Smells like Budweiser, Miller, PBR and every other Big American Brewery's attempt of a beer. This beer is truly hard to drink and almost made me gag. The beer has a soapy taste along with something that is not discernible. The feel is average at best. Overall, I am not sure how people can drink this. It is just awful.

2.46/5  rDev +20.6%
look: 2 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

In order to actually appreciate this beer you have to take it for what it is... light, crisp, and refreshing... this isn't a craft beer and it isn't brewed by a microbrewery.. on a hot day in the summer, it works perfectly. Far from my favorite beer, but ill be damned if my fridge isn't full of it right now.

1.86/5  rDev -8.8%

Poured into a glass
Look is very pale. The head goes away fast.

The smell is just straight up awful.

The taste is not great Can taste hops and A bit of sweetness. Other then that very watery and just overall not great.

Feel is bubbly which I like.

Over all this is a beer I do not usually drink often. Not much flavor and as I said very watered down

2.35/5  rDev +15.2%
look: 3 | smell: 1 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

I'm torn. The enjoyment of this beer solely comes down to the purpose you are drinking it for. Are you drinking to keep up with your buddies and get a quick buzz before you hit up the bars, where you'll probably down more of these? Or are you looking for a beer with more craftsmanship, flavor, and something to savor, not to shotgun.

When I'm stuck in the first situation, this is my go-to beer. I'll admit there have been times where I'm longing for the effect rather than the flavor, that is when this is my go-to beer. It's certainly a refreshing, light-smooth grain flavor, and practically goes down like water. However that isn't what I've been looking for in a beer as of late. I don't find myself drinking macro-beers such as Coors, Bud, or Busch when relaxing at home anymore, I've finally moved on to craft-beers.

There isn't much to discuss in regards to smell, taste, or feel; simply because there really isn't any. Imagine water with light grainy notes. As I said before; great beer if you're simply trying to get drunk, but if you're looking for something with at least a small degree of flavor or craftsmanship, this isn't it.

2.89/5  rDev +41.7%

This is a ok beer, I’m a huge Miller coors fan. I mostly drink Miller highlife going from that to this. The coors light has no taste. For what it is ehhhh it’s just ok

2.66/5  rDev +30.4%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

Very pale liquid, decent head diminishes fast, better retention pls. Fair aroma with some hop bite. Flavor is thin, with a sweet finish and metallic aftertaste. Refreshing, but that’s about it.

1.94/5  rDev -4.9%

Bleh. Quite possibly my least favorite cheap ass American lager. For some reason, this beer always tastes the tiniest bit sweet and that grosses me out. Drive through any rundown, white trash neighborhood in America and you're likely to see a pile of empty "C-Minus" cans stacked 4 - 6 feet high, some of which retain numerous cigarette butts from their brief stint as an ashtray, waiting for the day that their owner keeps swearing will come: recycling day.

1.8/5  rDev -11.8%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

Looks a little like beer, smells like nothing, begins to taste like beer but quickly vanishes to seltzer water. It's not awful and was okay because I didn't pay for it. Still better than an IPA.

I'm just drinking this for the style tick. This beer is thin and pale. The smell is faint but corny and grainy. Tastes a little sweet and grainy with some stinging carbonation and a mild bitter finish. I just don't like this enough to want to drink it. It is like a bad beer was poured into some seltzer water.

2.36/5  rDev +15.7%

Just comes across as if the brewery rushed the process of brewing a beer. Faint aroma, light yellow appearance with a fast disappearing head. Little taste, but would be easy to slam one after another if that is one's objective. Coors Banquet rocks my world like Zeppelin. Coors Light is like listening to Broadway musicals all day, no thanks.

2.69/5  rDev +31.9%
look: 4 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.5

Pours a crystal clear light yellow with a thin white head that dissipates quickly. No lacing. Aroma is faint grassy hops and biscuits. Flavor follows the nose, very bland. Feel is light and crisp, well carbonated. Overall disappointing. Had not my brother left this in my fridge I wouldn't have tried it. Wouldn't be horrible on a hot day while mowing.

3.83/5  rDev +87.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

I do not get how beer snobs write extremely lengthy reviews regarding the look, smell, etc of Coors Light. I do not think I have ever seen the actual look of Coors light since I always drank it out of a can or a bottle. Nothing amazing about it, but still a step up from the Natty Lights of the world. Adored by many who do not prefer the craft brewery scene.

Imagine being such a snob you write a lengthy review talking about the mouthfeel of Coors light and the different notes in the taste.

Looks, smells, tastes, and feels like good ol' American beer. Pick up a case and crack some cold ones for 'merica.

2.12/5  rDev +3.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

On draft in a mug
A: Pale yellow with a frothy head
S: Bland. A bit of corn/malt
T: Bland but crisp. Also generic grains
M: Light-bodies, crisp
O: Boring but refreshing

3.11/5  rDev +52.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

Pours a translucent yellow. Clear as a crystal ball covered in dehydrated urine. Head is a finger and a half of white fizzy, foam, with decent to poor retention. Aroma is straw, biscuit, salt, sweat, and herbal hops. It has an off putting edge to it, but otherwise is tight and well-rounded. Flavor profile is straw with biscuity, bready, crackery malts and herbal hops. Mouth feel is thin, with a crisp, refreshing texture. Overall, a refreshing beer with very little body or dynamics, but that makes it all the more simplistic and streamlined.

Served in a 15.5oz Speigalau tulip from a 12oz can.

2.89/5  rDev +41.7%

For as much as I did not like the taste of Coors, I did like this one. It was never one of my favorites, but it was easily my favorite of the Big 3 light beers. I liked the taste, it was smooth, and was enjoyable ice cold. I tired of it about 8 years ago, due to it starting to cause increasing hangovers. I don't know if it was me or the beer, so I'll blame the beer. Rank it just a hint below average

2.6/5  rDev +27.5%

12 ounce bottle poured into a thick plastic glass. Color of straw/hay. Smell faint pine needles. Taste is clean with no bitterness or aftertaste. Mouthfeel is crisp, watery, refreshing. I am well aware that a lot of beer snobs scoff at the idea of drinking Coors and Coors light but quite frankly I really don't give a shit what they think. To each their own. Personally I like coors. It's reasonably priced and the low calories/abv is a plus in my book. After a long day on the ranch I would enjoy a "Silver Bullet" over some overpriced high gravity IPA made who knows where. I would give Coors Light a solid A. Oh and it has the same abv as my other favorite beer Shiner Bock

4.27/5  rDev +109.3%

I don't normally drink light beer, but when I do I drink Coors Light. It's a good beer for summer days waterskiing on the lake when you want volume over taste and quality. It is a quality product that won't make you feel too horrible at the end of the day.

2.71/5  rDev +32.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2

Told my friend I would review this since I am coming up on 3,000 reviews and never reviewed it. Into a pint glass
A - Pretty much as light and yellow a beer can get without being water. Was mostly surprised by the two inches of rocking foam I poured along with it sticking around a bit. At least it has life.
S - Pretty much screams lager corn and husk with just the right amount of corn syrup pretty much the most beer you can expect from BMC.
T - Corn and husk semi dry with just a slight hint of sulfur this beer will remind you of what a "real beer" taste like. Not overly offensive but not easy to put down either.
M - Light to medium you would think watery but no it's a semi rough beer.

Overall not really a drain pour but not loving it either. Miles better than your typical Budweiser but still below the typical Miller offering this one is worth a pass. Try something else!

2.61/5  rDev +27.9%

Pale pale pinkish with thin head and little lacing. Little smell. Light malt flavor with the slightest hint of citrus. Clean enough, I guess. It really is basically water.

2.29/5  rDev +12.3%
look: 3 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.25

Pours a pale and thin straw yellow producing a white, soap bubble foam that is moderately lived but leave no appreciable lacing. Aroma is adjunct grains, sliced white bread and grassy hops. Taste is similar: Cereal, adjunct grains, a hint of lemon, faint honey and grass from the hops. Mouthfeel is light bodied, with moderate to high carbonation, prickly but watery.

1.5/5  rDev -26.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Before I got into craft beer I used to think this stuff was great. Well at least it's still a little bit better than Bud Light but that's not saying much. Cheers! D

3.84/5  rDev +88.2%

Decanted from a 12 oz (355 ml) can into a conical pint glass; best by November 12, 2018.
A: Pours a crystal clear, golden color with champagne like bubble formation, a three quarter inch white head, low to modest retention and modest soapy lacing.
S: Light aromas of grasses and grains, although corn is notable.
T: Palate largely follows the nose. Very, very light bitterness.
M: Light bodied with moderate effervescence. Refreshing and thirst quenching.
O: Coors Light is a drinkable light AAL. It is not a "big flavor" beer. It is very refreshing, very thirst quenching, and very sessionable. I have no stock in the company nor any axe to grind, but it is fair to say the ratings on the site are embarrassingly low. If you are open to different styles, you should be open to all styles and rate them based on what they are. This is a solid, drinkable, light beer.

2.88/5  rDev +41.2%

Reviewing to style. Had this 16oz can at last weeks Vikings game at The Long House. Its an AAL so its clear yellow and fizzy. I like AAL this one however has very little taste barely a whiff of floral hops. Mouth feel is watery but crisp with carbonation. If you want a nice AAL i go to Pabst,Hamms,Mich Golden Light.

I drove all the way here and all you have for me is light beer! I like it and it once again a welcome break from all the overwhelming variety of craft brews! Still not as good as Hamm's though!

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company (Molson-Coors)
Beer rating: 2.04 out of 5 with 5,431 ratings