Coors Light
Coors Brewing Company (Molson-Coors)

Coors LightCoors Light
Score:
Ranked #48,688
1.99 | pDev: 37.69%
From:
Coors Brewing Company (Molson-Coors)

Colorado, United States
Notes:
Reviews: 1,378 | Ratings: 5,478 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
2.69/5  rDev +35.2%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

It's a clear yellow gold but light head dissapeared really quick with no lacing, very light smell of yeast and almost like apples, good lightness very bready but the after taste of metal just doesnt settle, light to medium body medium carb

1.39/5  rDev -30.2%
look: 2 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 1.5

Light golden straw color. Not much of a head. No lacing as you might expect.

The smell is rancid. I almost didn’t even try it because it smells that bad. It is like stale bread and watery hops along with a weird fermented aroma I cannot place.

Taste is fortunately a bit better but not much. Kind of skunky with a good bit of corn and malt. Quite watery.

Feel - definitely the best part of this beer. If I was thirsty enough to drink anything, I could go for this. High carbonation.

Overall, cheap or not I would rather have nothing than this. Worst beer I have ever come across.

3.14/5  rDev +57.8%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

Like most macrobrewed beers it's a cheap, light, refreshing and popular beer. It pours a light golden straw color with little to no head, no lacing, and a high amount of carbonation. It has aromas of corn, and dough biscuits. For being a beer full of adjuncts and corn syrup, Coors is one of the first beers I drank and is my favorite beer to drink on any occasion. So long as the mountains are blue. It is no craft beer, but it's a great, light, crisp and refreshing beer to drink while working, or mowing the lawn on a hot day, and doubles as a great sleeping medicine! So well I've nicked named it Coors Night. :')

3.47/5  rDev +74.4%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

*Reviewed in comparison to other light beers. From a skunked bottle as well*

Appearance: Pours a light-golden color with a small white head. Head was dissapointing. SRM of 8.0. (3.25)

Aroma: Strong skunked aromas of a skunk in a giant bin of dry corn. Completely skunked unfortunately. (3.00)

Flavor is of skunked corn and dry cracker. A slight sweetness on the end, with a surprisingly bitter, dry finish. (3.75

Feel: Heavier-bodied for the style. Average carbonation, yet a strong dry bitterness is cleansing on the palate. (3.50)

Compared with Bud Light: Similar color. Unfortunately the bottle is skunked so stronger skunked aroma. Maybe more corn malts and less rice flavors. More of a dry, yeasty, and bitter finish.

Overall: Unfortunately this was from a bottle that was completely skunked that washes out any flavor. I detect some corn malts maybe. Bitter cleansing finish that I have come to expect with Coors. Will have to retry and compare to other beers from the can. (Final Rating: 3.47)

3.02/5  rDev +51.8%

Everything about the beer from the look to the taste is average, but the true category that brings the score of this beer up for me is nostalgia. From college days to a long day fishing, there's few beers I'd rather throw back and have 10 of than this easy drinking average light beer.

This is beer for people who don't really like beer. The taste is minimal and the smell is a bit odd (especially for a light beer). It's certainly not the worst out there by any means but it shouldn't be anyones top choice for any reason.

1.51/5  rDev -24.1%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

Has a nice clean golden color with a decent head. Not much smell, a hint of malt. Tastes and feels almost like water. Easy to drink but not even close to being an inspiring beer. Ok for a mainstream beer and way better than Bud Light.

2.57/5  rDev +29.1%

And just like that, Raul is back in hell - Blondies Saloon, Orange, CA.

Cannot comment on appearance, because I’m sucking this one back like John Wayne at his local watering hole. That being said, Raul has seen his fair share of Coors Light poured out into a pint glass and he reckon it looks like something similar to camel urine after his fill of water at his local oasis. Aroma and taste is more mute than Helen Keller, like, think of your great grandmama when she was on life support, this dang sucker is basically dead. Feel is lighter than water, like, Moses would have ease parting it. What’s good about this beer is that it isn’t foul in anyway, which isn’t great, but it’s better than popping a liquid rust tasting malt liquor.

Peace!

2.52/5  rDev +26.6%

Have a soft spot for this beer, was one of, if not the first beer I ever had. This being said, it is a decent light American lager to drink if you need to do some DIY, or just got done working a hard day. It isn't your beer of choice to end the day with, and it isn't even a good "what do they have at this bar" beer, but it will do in a pinch, and the beer (cans) have an added benefit of telling you when the beer is cold enough to be tolerable.

3.74/5  rDev +87.9%

Bottle shaped can bb Jan1320. DFH Tulip, side by side w/ Miller Lite.

A: pours a shockingly pale straw color, crystal clear with one finger bright white head that retains surprisingly well. Streams of bubbling carbonation. This is actually a really pretty beer.

S: some faint lager yeast, super faint noble hops, but really it just smells like water. No off smells, and that says a lot.

T: taste follows the nose! Thin, mild grain note, and then the familiar mild bittering hop note that is distinctively Coors. This beer has it and the Banquet has it, and I love it. This may be the first or second beer I ever had, a sip of my dad’s, so this takes me back. Some say Coors light has no taste; I’d say it has a taste but it is extremely subtle. That is what I want in a light lager.

M: light, crisp, super refreshing. Super duper refreshing. Thin mouthfeel and high carbonation with a crisp, clean lager finish.

O: this is as macro as macro gets, but it fits the bill. It will pair well with food, quench your thirst, and not get you drunk. A little more flavor and a few more calories than seltzer water, but worth the splurge. Crowd pleaser I could come back to again and again when in the mood for this style.

1.51/5  rDev -24.1%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 1.5

So here we go, Coors Light.

I bought a 6 pack of cans and poured one into a pint glass. Unlike its evil twin, Coors Original, this one pours out like pure urine and looks like a lab sample. Looks and smells terrible with the light fizzy head to top it off.

Appearance: Described above.

Smell: Corn and something else that does not smell like a beer should.

Taste: Whats there to taste? A mild sweetness, corn and more corn. No hop flavor at all.

Overall: Great for college kids but wow, this "silver bullet" is the most aweful "beer" I ever had....Avoid this one.

3.88/5  rDev +95%

(12 oz can, SEP1619, purchased cold single... poured into simple glass mug)

L: polished clear, pale yellow(?) - a hue drained of vibrancy... quite a bit of foam on the pour, tight and white; doesn't fizzle out immediately; keeps a thin collar, but doesn't lace much

S: smells pretty good - doughy pale malt, subtle hint of phenolic spice, faint touch of herbal grassy-ness... the initial faint aromas disappear once the liquid touches the palate

T: clean back end, Kix-like cereal note rather bold; little underlying sweet edge to grain; ridiculously dry finish and aftertaste, rather remarkable... the corny cereal note carries a little coloring of bubblegum perhaps; really it's overwhelmingly a dry cereal foundation, insanely dry

F: soft, quiet nothingness - lighter than water??... this may have the lightest touch of any light beer I've tried, the carbonation is even barely detectable; it all delicately presses the top of the palate, while the bottom 85% feels like a clean, untouched mouth - wow!

O: I originally planned to review this as one of my milestone-100 reviews, but since I have no particular sentimental association with it, thought I'd just knock it out as part of my 'summer swill' review series (light-er lagers of various related styles)... the few recollections I have of actually sipping on of these was that it was the most watery beer I'd ever had; this noted, CL may be #2 on my top list least delectable beer products, between Natty Ice and Michelob Ultra, but #1 in most ghostly presence - the least flavorful of them all! (1408)

1.43/5  rDev -28.1%

The beer looks like it would be good, a nice amount of head, and color is nice pale color. The smell, egads! Smells like Budweiser, Miller, PBR and every other Big American Brewery's attempt of a beer. This beer is truly hard to drink and almost made me gag. The beer has a soapy taste along with something that is not discernible. The feel is average at best. Overall, I am not sure how people can drink this. It is just awful.

2.46/5  rDev +23.6%
look: 2 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

In order to actually appreciate this beer you have to take it for what it is... light, crisp, and refreshing... this isn't a craft beer and it isn't brewed by a microbrewery.. on a hot day in the summer, it works perfectly. Far from my favorite beer, but ill be damned if my fridge isn't full of it right now.

4.44/5  rDev +123.1%

Poured into a glass
Look is very pale. The head goes away fast.

The smell is fine.

The taste isgreat Can taste hops and A bit of sweetness. Other then that very watery bit pretty good.

Feel is bubbly which I like.

Over all good beer

1.12/5  rDev -43.7%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

L: Pale straw yellow one finger head without lacing.

S: Almost no smell but what there is isn't tasty.

T: Watered down grain and dirty pennies.

F: Thin but carbonated.

O: A Midwest staple for those who don't know or can't afford any better.

2.35/5  rDev +18.1%
look: 3 | smell: 1 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

I'm torn. The enjoyment of this beer solely comes down to the purpose you are drinking it for. Are you drinking to keep up with your buddies and get a quick buzz before you hit up the bars, where you'll probably down more of these? Or are you looking for a beer with more craftsmanship, flavor, and something to savor, not to shotgun.

When I'm stuck in the first situation, this is my go-to beer. I'll admit there have been times where I'm longing for the effect rather than the flavor, that is when this is my go-to beer. It's certainly a refreshing, light-smooth grain flavor, and practically goes down like water. However that isn't what I've been looking for in a beer as of late. I don't find myself drinking macro-beers such as Coors, Bud, or Busch when relaxing at home anymore, I've finally moved on to craft-beers.

There isn't much to discuss in regards to smell, taste, or feel; simply because there really isn't any. Imagine water with light grainy notes. As I said before; great beer if you're simply trying to get drunk, but if you're looking for something with at least a small degree of flavor or craftsmanship, this isn't it.

2.89/5  rDev +45.2%

This is a ok beer, I’m a huge Miller coors fan. I mostly drink Miller highlife going from that to this. The coors light has no taste. For what it is ehhhh it’s just ok

2.66/5  rDev +33.7%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

Very pale liquid, decent head diminishes fast, better retention pls. Fair aroma with some hop bite. Flavor is thin, with a sweet finish and metallic aftertaste. Refreshing, but that’s about it.

1.94/5  rDev -2.5%

Bleh. Quite possibly my least favorite cheap ass American lager. For some reason, this beer always tastes the tiniest bit sweet and that grosses me out. Drive through any rundown, white trash neighborhood in America and you're likely to see a pile of empty "C-Minus" cans stacked 4 - 6 feet high, some of which retain numerous cigarette butts from their brief stint as an ashtray, waiting for the day that their owner keeps swearing will come: recycling day.

1.8/5  rDev -9.5%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

Looks a little like beer, smells like nothing, begins to taste like beer but quickly vanishes to seltzer water. It's not awful and was okay because I didn't pay for it. Still better than an IPA.

I'm just drinking this for the style tick. This beer is thin and pale. The smell is faint but corny and grainy. Tastes a little sweet and grainy with some stinging carbonation and a mild bitter finish. I just don't like this enough to want to drink it. It is like a bad beer was poured into some seltzer water.

2.36/5  rDev +18.6%

Just comes across as if the brewery rushed the process of brewing a beer. Faint aroma, light yellow appearance with a fast disappearing head. Little taste, but would be easy to slam one after another if that is one's objective. Coors Banquet rocks my world like Zeppelin. Coors Light is like listening to Broadway musicals all day, no thanks.

2.69/5  rDev +35.2%
look: 4 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.5

Pours a crystal clear light yellow with a thin white head that dissipates quickly. No lacing. Aroma is faint grassy hops and biscuits. Flavor follows the nose, very bland. Feel is light and crisp, well carbonated. Overall disappointing. Had not my brother left this in my fridge I wouldn't have tried it. Wouldn't be horrible on a hot day while mowing.

3.83/5  rDev +92.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

I do not get how beer snobs write extremely lengthy reviews regarding the look, smell, etc of Coors Light. I do not think I have ever seen the actual look of Coors light since I always drank it out of a can or a bottle. Nothing amazing about it, but still a step up from the Natty Lights of the world. Adored by many who do not prefer the craft brewery scene.

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company (Molson-Coors)
Beer rating: 50 out of 100 with 5478 ratings