Coors Light
Coors Brewing Company (Molson-Coors)

Coors LightCoors Light
Score:
Ranked #50,201
1.99 | pDev: 37.69%
From:
Coors Brewing Company (Molson-Coors)

Colorado, United States
Notes:
Reviews: 1,396 | Ratings: 5,571 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
Jsteez from Utah

2.1/5  rDev +5.5%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Beer #9 on my great American Adjunct Lager hunt. Drank straight from the can, which is how it should be.

It's carbonated, very light-bodied, and yellow/hay-like in appearance. It's grainy and somewhat sweet. A little dry, but not as dry as Miller Lite, imo. I like Miller Lite better. Overall, it's just beer.
So many people hate on this...and macro beers in general. I get that. But I do think there is a place for these cheap and nearly flavorless, yet refreshing light lagers.
For me, this is the kind of nostalgic beer that conjures old thoughts of days by the beach or a pool.
It's a refreshing and consistently average light beer. When in the mood, drink up.

Feb 19, 2021
DrBeergood from Ohio

2.9/5  rDev +45.7%

L: Having it from the can. So I'll talk about the art--there's a blue mountain and it says "cold as the rockies." I don't know where you are from, but where I am from, we drink our beer cold.

S: Smell is non-applicable when drinking from a can.

T: Tangy barley and not much else. It's simple, sure, but it's actually pretty good. A personal anecdote, I was talking to a friend and he asked me about IPAs and if it was worth getting into. I replied, "Only if you're into that sort of thing. For example, I could have the best bourbon in the world, but that wouldn't matter if you don't like bourbon. Drink what you like."

F: Very light and it practically evaporates.

O: I'm disappointed at the inclusion of corn syrup. Still, tastes a whole lot better than water.

Jan 23, 2021
JohnniEMc from Pennsylvania

1.94/5  rDev -2.5%

A 12 oz. bottle of this has been located in the recesses of Dad's refrigerator. There's been no interest for a least a couple of years. It won't be missed. Not surprisingly, when poured out, it's a pale and nearly translucent amber, with no head nor lacing. Well, when it comes to light, this is no lie. Maybe it should be Coors Devoid, devoid of taste, devoid of character and devoid of body. Truly a terrible beer investment.

Jan 16, 2021
LeBron_James from Canada (ON)

1.41/5  rDev -29.1%
look: 1 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

Figured I'd go back in time and review beers from high school parties. As far as pissy adjuncts go this is about as big beer nasty as it gets. The blend has corn I think. The look is light yellow and so is the taste. Why I ever drank this is beyond me, but I suppose I saved money by not buying $30 bottles of The Abyss when I was a kid. I still don't understand how brewmasters can make this stuff. This is a beer meant for dumb high school boys and those alcoholic dads from coming of age movies.

Jan 11, 2021
mac_tre from California

1.8/5  rDev -9.5%

Just writing some words down to qualify for a review so I can say I contribute on here. Just a few more words to go and I’ll reach 150 characters to make this legit

Jan 01, 2021
GMoneyMagic from Michigan

1.86/5  rDev -6.5%

Pretty pale yellow with bubbles. If it was any paler, I would think it's sparkling water.
No smell at all.
Taste's like a really light beer. I have had seltzer waters with more flavor. To me the flavor is like an infinite amount of years in purgatory; not bad, not good, just [ ].
It has carbonation!
When the mountains are blue and it's 100 degrees outside and I just cut my lawn and the old lady next door has been watching me work it in the scalding heat and she offers me one, while talking to me about her dead husband and how he used to cut the grass 45 years ago. What the hell. Not bad.

Dec 30, 2020
Truegent2004 from Minnesota

2.75/5  rDev +38.2%

Seems like every ight beer review on this forum is a slam job. Yes, light beers are weaker in flavor, but that's a given. We've all had this beer so I won't go into the specifics but I like Coors Light.

Dec 26, 2020
TedHead from Illinois

2.52/5  rDev +26.6%

Pours very light clear gold with a white head that dissipates quickly. Smells like cereal grains and corn syrup. Tastes..... A little but malty- more than I expected. The feel is nice it's averagely carbonated for the style and goes down easy. After miller lite this is probably my next favorite lawn mowing/ I could kill 100 in a night beer.

Sep 24, 2020
Colby_Spivey from Texas

2.15/5  rDev +8%

Ah good ol' coors light. Was my beer of choice when I was 11, best thing its got going for it is how crisp it is. Refreshing on a hot day but it's so easy to slam in a few seconds you dont even know you're drinking beer

Aug 15, 2020
dapatriot1 from New York

2.16/5  rDev +8.5%

is it horrible....NO its it great...NO
this is def not my go to beer, but its not the most horrendous beer i have had it gets a bad rap i know but i dont hate it
it has a ver light taste but water is a dominant taste

Jul 13, 2020
Akinder20 from Ohio

3.46/5  rDev +73.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

A nice cheaper beer, smells of corn, tastes of corn on initial sip, corn and water is the dominant flavor of this beer, it’s obviously a cheaper beer and tastes according. I find myself drinking this beer a lot although it’s not a fancy beer it’s pretty good for the category it’s in.

Jul 12, 2020
Steve555 from Wales

2.05/5  rDev +3%

Appearance is a chemical lab yellow, very fizzy, small head that quickly vanishes to a slight rim of froth. Aroma of paper glue. A nothing dry taste with a slight hint of glue. Mouthfeel is unpleasant chemical aftertaste, possibly more glue. The old addage of "only good on a hot day" from lager haters I'm not sure is even relevant here. As a lager drinker this is possibly my least favourite lager in the world.

Jul 07, 2020
Jacobier10 from New Jersey

2.17/5  rDev +9%

12 oz can, best before Oct 5, 2020.

Brilliantly clear straw colored brew with a medium frothy white head with fair retention. Not much in the way of aroma or flavor. Grainy malt and corn. Hop bitterness is low. Feel is clean and light bodied.

Even for a light beer, this is light. When I drink Coors Light it makes me think of two things: 1. My best friend's parents drinking this by the caseload when we were kids. 2. My late co-worker who penned the famous quote, "I only drink Coors Light when I'm having more than 20." Amen.

Jul 03, 2020
dangerousdann from Minnesota

4.64/5  rDev +133.2%

I like to think that there are two types of people in the world
Type 1- Drinks Coors Light, Likes Coors Light, and Admits it
Type 2 - Drinks Coors Light, Likes Coors Light, And Doesn't Admit it

This is a perfect beer for enjoying over trivia with some of your best buddies in the office.

Jul 01, 2020
IceChuggington from Canada (AB)

2.12/5  rDev +6.5%

Coors banquet's younger brother, but this is the brother that everyone hates. This is the brother that suffers from alcoholism and always fights everyone blackout drunk at the family reunion. I'm not inviting John back to my family reunion. 2 Smirnoff Ices/10

Jun 19, 2020
DeathMetalJesus from Colorado

2.83/5  rDev +42.2%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 2.5

Personally I'm a bigger fan of the yellow Coors Banquets, this certainly isn't the worst beer you'll ever have, despite what others more accustomed to craft beers and the like would have you believe. It's simple, refreshing, and it's a beer. Always crisp and nice when as they're cold as you can get 'em. I don't tend to go for light beer, but on the rare occasion I do, it's always a toss up between Coors Light, and Michelob Ultra. I will say Coors Light tastes the most similar to it's non-light counterpart in my opinion, so if that's important to choosing a light beer, it's something to consider

May 23, 2020
Gajo74 from New York

1.97/5  rDev -1%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

One of the picks from a mystery bag purchased at Outlet Liquors, Rehoboth Beach DE. I’m sure I’ve had it before, however, I’ve somehow never reviewed it.

Pours a crystal clear pale, and I mean very pale, yellow straw color. The carbonation is visible and fizzy, while a moderately large head soon dissipates completely.

Not much going on in the aroma except for corn and grain. Likewise for the taste, the corn and grain dominate without even a hint of hops flavor or bitterness. The corn provides sweetness, however, in a weird juxtaposition the husky grain has an astringency that is a bit rough in the mouth. Furthermore, the overly fuzzy carbonation doesn’t help matters. Light bodied and watery, crisp in the mouth and a short and clean finish.

I truly don’t get light beer. I can understand in theory how a beer lighter in body, alcohol and strong flavor would enable one to drink several. However, I simply cannot drink more than one-at least not this one- because the over-carbonation causes me to bloat and the adjuncts don’t satisfy me. As a matter of fact, I only drank half of the 16oz can and used the rest to marinade some meat for grilling.

Apr 10, 2020
realJohnnyHobo from Maryland

3.56/5  rDev +78.9%

Pouring from a 12oz fl bottle, Coor Light is a light transparent yellow with small white quickly dissipating head that leaves a small lacing on top and on the sides.

The smell is of light corn adjunct, clean water, and slightly fruity notes - banana perhaps?

The mouthfeel is light and the taste includes mild carbonation, banana notes from the yeast, a clean mineral water slight corn adjuncts and a bite of western hops. Highly drinkable.

Mar 28, 2020
HopMaester from Canada (ON)

1.18/5  rDev -40.7%

Is this even a beer?
Its only purpose is to drink it on a summer day when you want to drink for 6 hours straight or when you got to a pub and its on a $1-2 deal

Mar 21, 2020
CodyBasden from Texas

2.69/5  rDev +35.2%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

It's a clear yellow gold but light head dissapeared really quick with no lacing, very light smell of yeast and almost like apples, good lightness very bready but the after taste of metal just doesnt settle, light to medium body medium carb

Feb 22, 2020
jwp777 from Oklahoma

1.39/5  rDev -30.2%
look: 2 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 1.5

Light golden straw color. Not much of a head. No lacing as you might expect.

The smell is rancid. I almost didn’t even try it because it smells that bad. It is like stale bread and watery hops along with a weird fermented aroma I cannot place.

Taste is fortunately a bit better but not much. Kind of skunky with a good bit of corn and malt. Quite watery.

Feel - definitely the best part of this beer. If I was thirsty enough to drink anything, I could go for this. High carbonation.

Overall, cheap or not I would rather have nothing than this. Worst beer I have ever come across.

Feb 05, 2020
Kenny_Gage2 from Missouri

3.14/5  rDev +57.8%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

Like most macrobrewed beers it's a cheap, light, refreshing and popular beer. It pours a light golden straw color with little to no head, no lacing, and a high amount of carbonation. It has aromas of corn, and dough biscuits. For being a beer full of adjuncts and corn syrup, Coors is one of the first beers I drank and is my favorite beer to drink on any occasion. So long as the mountains are blue. It is no craft beer, but it's a great, light, crisp and refreshing beer to drink while working, or mowing the lawn on a hot day, and doubles as a great sleeping medicine! So well I've nicked named it Coors Night. :')

Feb 02, 2020
defunksta from North Dakota

3.73/5  rDev +87.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

*Reviewed in comparison to other light beers*

Appearance: Pours a light-golden color with a small white head. Head was dissapointing. SRM of 8.0. (3.75)

Aroma: Light aromas of a dry cracker crumbs, white rice, wax paper, and corn adjuncts. Yeasty, crispy with some milky rice and cereal (3.75)

Flavor: Is of dry rice, corn, and dry cracker. Near no sweetness on the end, with a surprisingly bitter, yeasty, dry finish. (3.75)

Feel: Heavier-bodied for the style. Average to strong carbonation, yet a strong dry bitterness is cleansing on the palate. (3.50)

Compared with Bud Light 3/18/20: Similar color. Lighter aroma. More dry corn, yeast, cereal, and rice. Less corn and honey.. Maybe more corn malts and less rice flavors. More of a dry, yeasty, and bitter finish.

Compared to Saint Archer Gold 6/30/20: Pours a slightly darker color with a stronger head. More yeast and carbonation give it a dryer finish with more adjuncts. Less cream.

Compared to Bud Light 7/16/20: Pours a similar color with a less lacy head. Agree with the previous of more corn sweetness and less rice. Less bitterness.

Compared to Trader Joe's Premium Lager 11/4/20: Pours a similar color. Milder aromas and less malty. More crispy with less earth and pale malt flavor.

Overall: A nice drinking macro light beer. This one is crispy, well carbonated, and yeasty. Has more yeast, milk, rice, and cereal than some of the other light beers like Bud or Miller. (Final Rating: 3.73)

Jan 29, 2020
HOPPSD

3.02/5  rDev +51.8%

Everything about the beer from the look to the taste is average, but the true category that brings the score of this beer up for me is nostalgia. From college days to a long day fishing, there's few beers I'd rather throw back and have 10 of than this easy drinking average light beer.

Jan 21, 2020
beerman42069

This is beer for people who don't really like beer. The taste is minimal and the smell is a bit odd (especially for a light beer). It's certainly not the worst out there by any means but it shouldn't be anyones top choice for any reason.

Jan 21, 2020
Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company (Molson-Coors)
Beer rating: 50 out of 100 with 5571 ratings