Coors Light | Coors Brewing Company

Added by BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Ratings: 5,105 |  Reviews: 1,288
Reviews by Monsteruss:
1.08/5  rDev -47.3%

Well, what can I say..um..Its awfull. I normally don't drink these no-taste piss beers, but I thought I'd do one just for BA.
The foam was bubbly, light and dissapated quickly. The smell was that of the foam - I couldn't really smell anything except a hint of light hops. Taste was horrible. I swear I couldn't taste much of anything. The smell was a pre-curser to the taste - nothing with a hint of light hops. It came with the 'Cold Activated' bottle. What a cheap gimmick to get you to buy their beer (if you can call it that). I can imagine their thoughts - we don't know how to make good beer, so we'll get them to buy it through gimmicks and adverts.

1.77/5  rDev -13.7%

Presentation: "The Silver Bullet" -- 24oz "grande" silver can with wide-mouth pour. Bottled on date located at the bottom of the can.

Appearance: A crystal clear, bright pale yellow liquid with not much of a head at all. In fact, it's nearly still.

Smell: Some very faint fruits, touch of sulfur and weak tea-like hop in the aroma.

Taste: Quite sweet, dextrin-like with an odd fruit punch and watery banana sweetness flavour that makes it difficult to believe that this is purely a malt beverage. Paired with a tight carbonation, there's a hop bitterness that follows. It's mildly lemon-like in character and creates a semi-puckering dry snap. Metallic flavours pull thru with a slight grain dryness towards the end. Both linger on the palate for sometime and intensifies, especially as the beer warms.

Notes: Why bother?

3.81/5  rDev +85.9%

I love beer and I drink it every day. At (age) 62, carbs are an important factor. High carbs = high weight gain. Must keep the carbs at or below 5.5g/beer. I want to be treated right with a beer's alcohol content too, which is just as important to me as any other attribute. Coors Light is always an excellent choice for me. The aroma, flavor, after burp, 4.2 ABV and at 5g carbs Coors Light is a great beer. A straight shot about every three beers or so makes up for the slightly lower alcohol content. I love the flavor the aluminum can adds, but the flavor of Coors Light from the bottle is fine too. Adolf Coors (who became a proud American) went to a lot of trouble to find the right water with which to brew a great beer and I think he did. I think he'd be proud of Coors Light.

1.63/5  rDev -20.5%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

What more can you say about Coors Light other than it is one of the most bland, dull and boring beers ever made. Pale and bubbly like gingerale. No nose whatsoever....ok, maybe some corn and grainy notes. Taste is not only light and watery, it is also chalky and dry. The mouthfeel is bubbly and rough and the finish is dry.

This is a horrible beer. It is not even beer. Have it ice cold on a summer afternoon and it will go down like water. Less than a beer for the masses. A new low.

2.55/5  rDev +24.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

Pours a crystal clear light, almost clear, yellow with a 1 inch fizzy white head that fades to nothing. No lacing at all. Smell is of grains and corn flakes. Taste is the same with the grains and corn flakes. There is a slightly metallic taste present as well. A high level of carbonation makes for a very crisp and clean mouthfeel. Overall, this is a below average but quite drinkable beer. Not too bad for what it is.

1.09/5  rDev -46.8%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Growing up in a predominantly country town, this was a staple beer for many, and drank mostly by those who donned tight wranglers and cowboy hats and boots. Why, I don't know. Perhaps because you can down this like water easily on a hot day and it's inexpensive. I drank many a coors light until I discovered that yes,there is better. Much better.

Pours a standard straw yellow. Smell is almost non existent. Taste is a watered down subtle metallic grain. Mouthfeel is a thin carbonation.Finish is metallic,but clean.

The best description I've heard of this beer was as follows:

"If a nickel could urinate, it would urinate coors light"

2.21/5  rDev +7.8%

I'm guessing it wasn't fair to drink this after a Trappist Rochefort 10. :lol:

Replied to a ad on Craigslist last night for a gangbang. Got loaded on coors light and headed over and had a little fun with Amy and her 6 friends. Hey-yo

3.15/5  rDev +53.7%

I see that this beer has been rated as awful. Hey, it's a light beer, what do you expect. That means it a watered down version of the regular beer. You usually drink it cause you're over weight or trying to lose some flab. With that in mind, it's not bad and you probably can drink several glasses and still be under your county's DWI minimum. If you want to drink a better beer, increase your activity, put the fork down and eat more salads.

My light beer of choice. enough said. I've Drank so much of this rocky mountain kool aid and i'll drink a whole lot more. Good stuff.

1.19/5  rDev -42%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1 | overall: 1

This Pilsner is so light, it seems to take on the taste of whichever vessel it is housed in. That is to say, drinking from a bottle vs a can vs a keg will produce a variety of flavors. I can think of almost no situations where I would choose a Coors Light, unless I it was down to Coors Light vs Bud Light. But in that situation I would probably just leave.

3.3/5  rDev +61%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

For the style:
APPEARANCE: A crystal clear straw/golden. A finger of quickly dissipating white, foamy head. Lots of medium bubbles rising up. No real lacing to speak of.
AROMA: All I really smell is something that reminds me of faint banana. The yeast maybe?
TASTE: Again, very faint banana.
FEEL: Nice full carbonation, very light body, watery, but since there isn't much for flavor the carbonation really helps.
OVERALL: Biggest thing going for this is I have it VERY cold and it is effervescent and refreshing, with no real weird tastes. Very seltzer like, be great on a hot day at the lake.

3.5/5  rDev +70.7%
look: 4 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.75

Best on draft. Very refreshing for a light beer.

I'm gonna be honest, there's not much more to life than sippin' on a Coors. The electric blue color that the can embraces when cold as the Rocky Mountains is not to be taken lightly: it's an invitation. However, she's a seductive mistress, as each savory and refreshing sip (or gulp) only serves to tantalize and bring the experience closer to climax. Fortunately, unlike some experiences, there's no waiting time in between rounds. And that's to everyone's benefit, as you'll need more than one to really appreciate the love that goes into each individual, hand-crafted can. Mr. Coors, you've got a fan in me.

What do Coors Light and making love in a canoe have in common? They are both f'ing near water. Enough said.

Not sure why people still purchase beer like this. I can make it myself a lot cheaper by soaking a slice of bread in a glass of tap-water until it dissolves then adding a splash of moonshine to give it that alcohol.

The flavor would be just about the same....except maybe a little better if you used fresh bread. Coors "liquid dinner rolls" light definitely tastes like the bread they soaked in their Rocky Mountain water was stale.

2.95/5  rDev +43.9%

Poured into a pint glass.

A: Very light blonde color with a hazy, carbonated look.

S: Smells like beer. Nothing unique stands out to give it any distinctness.

T: The taste of light beer. You have a hint of hops but with a light aftertaste. It is quite similar to Miller lite but taste a little more watery. Aftertaste doesn't stay with you too long.

M&D: It has a carbonated and thin feel to the mouth. A drinkable beer especially in the summer.

This is a beer I would drink for a light american lager.

2.97/5  rDev +44.9%

From the screw top can, it pours a pale golden color with a modest head that hangs around a bit. Faint aroma. Light crisp flavor. Refreshing! Great for a hot summers day after mowing the lawn!

Ha, ha, ha. Okay, seriously?
So currently, I am going through a project of rating mass produced beer (and beer like beverages). I rated Bud Light recently, something I never drank before. I had Coors Light in my late teens and didn't like it. And here I go again.
The nose is of your average weasel piss variety, not quite as bad as Bud Light. The pour sounded like sparkling wine, with a display of a most awful colour.
The taste is an absolute joke. At least Bud Light had no flavour. This thing has something lingering in the background and I think it may be corn, but it's merely a distraction from the enjoyment of water.
If any of you drink this on a regular basis, just know that you are not drinking beer. There is nothing here to justify calling this drink a beer. And as far as I am concerned, this product should not be allowed to be marketed as beer. To say nothing about something as moronic as Cold Certified™ Technology. The focus should be on what is inside the can, not outside.
Shame on Coors for producing this and then asking money for it.

1.96/5  rDev -4.4%

Normally drink this straight from the 12 ounce can but for this review it was poured into a mug. A straw golden appearance with lots of bubbles streaming. High carbonation. The head was white and frothy with good retention. A fair amount of lacing left behind. The aroma was very faint. Now the most important part of the review, the taste. Light and not at all bitter. Some very faint hops at the back of the throat. It tasted like beer and not at all bad. The mouth feel was watery and a little thin but the finish was crisp and refreshing. With such a low a.b.v. (about 4%) one could drink a couple and not feel drunk. I know a lot of people rag on this beer as awful but I don't think that is being fair. The beer snobs and they know who they are can kiss my ass. This is a good beer. Not wonderful mind you but not as awful as some people say. I drank this the whole time I was in Wyoming for Frontier Days a few years ago. I would give Coors Light a B. Of course that is entirely my own opinion. On a final note I think "The Bros" need to expand their horizons and stop coming across as snobbish assholes. Again just my opinion l.o.l.

2.37/5  rDev +15.6%

Appearance - This gave off a disappointing head and shown a dim, pissy yellow.

Smell - There's nothing offensive about this grain but really no meat to it at all. Granted this is a LL so is not going to bowl you over with a powerful nose, but I seriously can't smell anything coming out of the glass.

Taste - The flavor was a bit more on the mark. The grain showed a nice spark if maybe a bit on the stale side but overall this was not a bad taste.

Mouthfeel - This was behind the pack. The carbonation was cheap and fizzy like a wine cooler and the thinness of the beer left me wanting. The LLs are of course naturally thin but here the body was like a glass of water.

Sinkability - It has to be pretty damn hot and you gotta be pretty damn thirsty to want to drink twelve ounces of this stuff.

1.75/5  rDev -14.6%