Coors Light | Coors Brewing Company

Style: Light Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Reviews: 1,265 | Ratings: 4,998
3.8/5  rDev +85.4%

this beer really took me away to the rocky mountains. Coors light is a beer that only been and beautiful women drink. Having it cold and crisp brew really took me to another level of enjoyment. I almost cried as the frosty crisp mountain refreshness make love to my throat. Thank you god for Coors Light.

3.78/5  rDev +84.4%

One of my favorite light beers. It isn't anything special, just a good day in day out beer for everyday. I wouldn't claim it is good, by craft standards, but by a college kid, and my personal pocketbook, it does its job. Its taste is kind of light, with a light carbonated mouthfeel. if it gets warm, it tastes metallic. when it has been out in the sun for prolonged time, it is undrinkable. best serve this beer ice cold. same pretty much as all macro lights. take your pick, and they are all pretty much the same thing. I have drank a whole lot of these, and will drink many more. i would personally go for Coors Banquet over this though, if you want something stronger, but still within reasonable price range for a party.

3.75/5  rDev +82.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Coors Light has a medium, white head and a very clear, straw appearance, with a good amount of carbonation. The aroma is of a subtle beer sweetness, and the taste is surprisingly good, with a slightly sweet context, and with its rounded presentation, no particular ingredient flavor predominates. Mouth-feel is light and watery, and Coors Light finishes crisp and refreshing. Overall, I was expecting to hate this, and was pleasantly surprised. I have to recommend giving it a try, if one is a light beer drinker.

RJT

3.75/5  rDev +82.9%

Coors light drank from a can at a the US Nationals NHRA (drag race) in Indianapolis. The air temperature was 100 degs F. The track temperature was 135. The beer was cold and refreshing.
The color was not evident, but I am sure it was the pale yellow that it always is. The smell was faint with a bit of malt and hops. The flavor was pleasant with a bit of malt and a mere hint of hops.
The mouthfeel was adequate cool and carbonated.
This is a good beer under these circumstance. I would not want a heavier beer. The situation called for something light with a bit of flavor and this is it.
I am a long time fan of Coors. It was the featured beer at my wedding reception in 1979.

3.75/5  rDev +82.9%

Probably one of the best cheap beers that come in a 36 pack that you can get. Crisp and light with endless gmo's that you would expect to come in acheaply mass produced American lager. makes me wanna watch those Coors light and ice cube commercials over and over again.

3.74/5  rDev +82.4%

This has always been my go to beer. I enjoy it at all times of the year. It is a typical light beer with a clean pour, look, and taste. I do find that if it isn't served very cold it can leave a lingering unpleasant taste on the mouth. However, if I cannot find anything new or different to drink I always go for Coors Light.

3.7/5  rDev +80.5%

Coors Light
Coors Brewing Company
Style: Light Lager
ABV: 4.20 %
can > pint glass, reviewed 10/16/09

3/3/4/4/4

Appearance is a very light/clear straw in color with noticeable carbonation. Suprising 2 finger head with short head retention but a bit better than most other light macros IMO.

Smell and taste is... well... almost invisible. Super clean and in almost non existent. If this is an objective of the Amercian Light macro scene, well than this brew has arrived. I prefer a bit more taste even in a light beer, but it is very impressive how clean this one is.

Mouthfeel is very light in body with high carbonation. Very clean profile with no aftertaste.

According to style I think Coors Light meets the objectives pretty well. It has a bit more of a cleaner profile than B&M, very light and non filling as you would expect. Drinkable if this is your type of style. I may have learned that I would choose a CL over BL or ML if someone is handing them out.

3.65/5  rDev +78%

Classic, cheap beer. One of the best party brews. Very drinkable and smooth. Is bitter at times, and is not consistent in its batches. I have multiple times, had skunked beers in the same case as decent coors.

Best way to drink the beer is on tap or keg. Not a beer for those who actually enjoy beer. Best if drank with country music, friends, and a fishing pole.

3.65/5  rDev +78%

i think coors light is one of the better light macro beers out there so i am judging this purely on the category it's in. when i'm out with the boys on a saturday night and i've had quite a few 'good' beers, i am definately reaching for a few of these to finish the night.

look: 5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 5 | overall: 3.25

Great beer year round. Everything about this beer is refreshing to me. The look, taste, feel, and smell. Very bad if it's not extremely cold because I would say there's not much taste but when you need something to quench your thirst this would be it.

3.57/5  rDev +74.1%

Poured from a 12oz can

This beer pours a clear pale yellow with a large head. This head vanishes quickly however, leaving very little lace

Slightly skunky with light malts and something else probably or a corn or rice addative

Extremely sweet malts with very little hop charecter

Light bodied with high carbonation

This beer is extremely drinkable, light bodied and sweet goes down like gingerale

this is without a doubt my favorite light beer, i dont really drink light beer so that isn't saying much but if i'm looking to play a bunch of drinking games with is what i would go with every time

3.55/5  rDev +73.2%

OK I'm not going to B.S. you,it's not a beer rich in flavor nor does it have great head but by no means is it disgusting.It is what it is a light macro beer.It's not something you will go out of your way to buy but on a hot summer day it tastes real good.

3.54/5  rDev +72.7%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.5

I thoroughly enjoy this beer. In fact, on the weekends this is among my top 3 choices. Its a very flavorful beer that although may be very overpowering for some enthusiasts because its not a very grainy flavor, it is very enjoyable to drink as a 'fun' beer. The silver bullet can is well done as well. The can is tall and thin which makes it nice to hold and the silver with the mountains gives it a cool and chilled look.

3.54/5  rDev +72.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Coors Light I give credit for two things it seems to get colder than any other beer and it is about only choice to when losing weight without drinking super low calorie water beers. Miller Lite sucks so bad it makes Coors Light seem elite in this category of light beers.

3.52/5  rDev +71.7%

I hate rating products like this, but I do it occasionally because I feel it is neccessary. So many people rate macros and trash them. I think that's rediculous. What? That Miller Lite doen't have any stewed plums or raisins in the smell? It's piss yellow?! You don't say? No shit it doesn't have the attributes of a 90 minute IPA or a fine crafted Tripel or Quadruppel. It isn't supposed to. These are different products marketed toward a different crowd of folks. In the way of macros, I think Coors Lt. is easily one of the the best. It LOOKS thirst quenching. Anyone ever looked at a 8.0%abv porter or stout and thought, "That''ll quench my thirst".? Hell no. Coors light looks appealing when it's hotter than 400 hells and you can chug gallons of it. It isn't gonna win any contests, but it's cheap, thirst quenching, and suits the purpose it was meant for.

3.5/5  rDev +70.7%

This is one of my favorite Its the most drinkable one out of all the American light beers. This beer tastes much better out of the tap than the bottle or can. The thing that stands out most is the great taste,and the thing that I dislike the most is there is no smell and the color is similar to water. Overall a very good beer and I recommend this beer on a hot day while watching a baseball game.

3.5/5  rDev +70.7%

This review is for the Molson Brewed variety, not the watered down American stuff.

Ok, this beer isn't going to win any awards for quality or taste, but for whatever reason I sure do love this light beer.

Colour is very light and golden.

Smell is very faint, and sweet.

Taste is a little bland, but sweet. No aftertaste.

Lots of carbonation.

This beer is best served very cold. It goes down crisp and clean.

Will drink this beer frequently throughout the year.

Enjoy!

MB

3.5/5  rDev +70.7%
look: 1.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

First thing is first, let's talk about the 12 oz. can that this beer is being poured from. I know that the beer inside it is "SUPER COLD" because not only are the mountains blue but both the "COLD" and "SUPER COLD" labels are also blue. Coors calls this "2 STAGE COLD ACTIVATION." So now that I know that the beer inside is "SUPER COLD", what about its frostiness? Coors has me covered there with this can's "FROST BREW LINER." OK, all of that is well and good, but pouring it out of the can could be an issue! I should learn to calm down because once again Coors has thought of that and given my can "WIDE MOUTH" with not one, but two vents! Finally, I know that this beer is going to be not just a world class light lager but also refreshing because it's coming from "THE WORLD'S MOST REFRESHING CAN."

Note to Coors - It's time to move on to a new marketing strategy.

A: Pour results in a less-than-one-finger head that immediately dies to nothing. The foam looks horrible and resembles dish soap suds. Head is gone within 10 seconds. There is a partial foam ring but that's probably being generous. Beer is completely still 30 seconds after pouring. No lacing. Color is a pale yellow. Extreme clarity.

S: Well, it certainly does smell like the beer that it's based off of. Toasted and sweet graininess. Metallic. There is a slight note of floral hops. A cooked-vegetables smell is the only negative that I notice.

T: Sweet and malty. Toasted. Slightly metallic. If it isn't "SUPER COLD" there is much more taste than I would expect in a macro light beer. If left in your mouth for too long there is an "aspirin" taste that becomes apparent, and some very diluted grape wine flavors. A few seconds after swallowing there is no trace that you just consumed some beer.

M: Highly carbonated. The carbonation approaches Champagne levels from a soft pour, and I don't think that's a bad thing for this style. Thickness compares to water. Finishes with a lingering drying effect on the tongue that begs you to take another sip.

O: Of the BMC light beers Coors Light might be the best. It's very approachable with the sweetness and toasted flavors that it has. After my palate has a chance to adjust to the style I find much more taste and depth in this beer than other American lights.

The question now is should you pay a premium price for Coors Light, or just buy Keystone Light???

3.5/5  rDev +70.7%

A lot of people on here are going to hate on this beer, but for me I like Coors light for what it is. It does not try to be different or interesting in anyway, But if I'm going to drink a wheelbarrow of it like god intended its the best for that in my opinion. So on to its taste, This is the hardest part for me it taste like water with beer flavoring, kind of like beef flavored Ramen, tastes nothing like beef but has a hind of beef flavor to it. But at the same time I have no idea why I like or keep buying maybe its the marketing, maybe its the fact that I've drank so much Pabst at this point that if I drink anymore I'll go into shock and start foaming from the mouth. but most of all its the best of the worst in my mind, bud is for Necks and southerners, and miller, I have no idea who drinks that shit other then hipsters. But for the rest of us at a sporting event or really anywhere that you need to drink 5 beers in 45 mins Coors is the beer of choice. here to Coors and here's to 'Merica!!!!

3.5/5  rDev +70.7%

This is my beer of choice as far as cheap american beer goes. Lets get one thing strait. There's a huge difference in beers Referring to the saying "You get what you pay for!" If your not expecting much in the way of taste but more for fill then Coors Light fits the bill. It has a good taste and no after taste. Though a little watery tasting if your looking for some thing light this is it as far as I am concerned. Clearly though when separating men from boys in beer sense Coors Light is still a boy.

3.49/5  rDev +70.2%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

My favorite light beer/cheap beer. Great for bbq's and long days of drinking binges. Also good for drinking games. I definitely prefer Coors to Bud. Also, in my opinion, the best 30 pack you can buy.. i.e. Rolling Rock, Miller, Bud, Natty, Keystone, etc. Well priced and always reliable: the World's Most Refreshing Beer (The Silver Bullet)! Good for wizard staffing too because the cans are generally taller/thinner then the average can, so you can become a wise wizard faster! (stack cans until it's as tall as you, and you have become the wise wizard).

3.46/5  rDev +68.8%

I had this beer so many times and never caught a buzz except for walking funny like a stereotypical gay guy you'd see on TV.

A: Its beer. Thats all I can say.

S: Everything a beer should smell like. Hops,alcohol,barley,and yeast.

T: Light and very crisp. I actually said "ahhh: after the first couple of sips.

M: Crisp, refreshing, light and a bit of carbonation.

D: Its decent. Dont expect to get a "head buzz" type of drunk though. Its ideal for a cook out where you will be eating and drinking a lot but don't wanna vomit. The beer is that nice and light. Also refreshing after a long day. I wouldnt recommend buying it unless you are outdoors a lot.

3.45/5  rDev +68.3%

One of my least favorite light beers. If i am going for a light beer I rather have a Bud Light, Miller lite or Tecate Light. Coors is not bad though. I get a Metallic taste. Corny and watery. Smooth finish. Easy drinking. Nothing special here.

3.45/5  rDev +68.3%

a good light beer, it is refreshing and it has some flavor as opposed to bud light which america seems to be in love with for some reason. light beer is not my choice of beer but if im at a party or sitting around with a group of friends this is usually what we buy and its not bad at all. this beer was not created to be awesome like newcastle but it is supposed to be easy to drink, so i dont think it deserves all the low ratings. and you can slam about a hundred of these without feeling full :)

3.44/5  rDev +67.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.75

Pours out a nice urine color with streaming bubbles and a quickly dissipating rocky white crackling head.

Smells like a sweet bread. The sweet is very strong on the odor.

Taste is not bad just not a whole lot to it.

Mouth feel is surprisingly light, oh wait this is a light beer. Watery and thin like the taste.

Overall there really is not a lot here but I guess that is the theory behind a light beer. Something that you could crush a few of very easily on a hot summer day. And this one would work well in that capacity. One thing I found was that this beer works best when ice cold.

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company