Coors Light | Coors Brewing Company

Style: Light Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Reviews: 1,261 | Ratings: 4,966
1.03/5  rDev -49.8%

Oh my this is not good! I just tried this right after a Bud light and found it to be even less drinkable. No real smell to speak of, but taste...hint of banana, slight lemon after taste...hops???, I can't detect them. This is a really bad brew(no where on the can does it say beer).

1.03/5  rDev -49.8%

I've got a limmerick and a haiku that express everything I could ever want to say about this beer:

(1)
There's this thing called Coors Light
that's never tasted quite right.
They claim that it's beer,
but that's a fallacy I fear.
It's more like pee with a bite.

(2)
I drank some Coors Light --
terrible, ghastly, painful
flavor in my mouth.

1.03/5  rDev -49.8%

Nothing special to report. There's bad beer and then there's terrible beer. This is somewhere beneath both of them, the bastard child that only advertising and capitalism could produce. Light cheap beer should normally at least go down easy, but the taste here is just foul out of the bottle. Its a bit smoother on draft, but definitely avoid.

1.03/5  rDev -49.8%

Body was crystal clear and a very pale yellow color. One quarter inch white head disappeared almost immediately. Steady streams of carbonation rising rapidly. Minimal lace runs away quickly.

What extremely faint aroma there was in this beer wasn't pleasant. There was a plastic sense coating the vary faint cereal grains. No notable hops.

An extremely light malt was the equivalent of drinking a bottle of lightly flavored water. Not bitterness at all left this overly sweet. Nothing to excite.

Carbonation was overpowering, and the beer ran rapidly off the mouth surfaces.

Just skip this and go on the something else. Wouldn't disrespect food by pairing it with this beer. Avoid this at all costs. Heck, tackle someone else to stop them from drinking it.

1.03/5  rDev -49.8%

This one pours a very light pale yellow with a white head that has no retention whatsoever, with a whispy crown in the end. The carbonation seems to dissapate quickly too. The smell is rather earthy, maybe a bit of corn and rotten feet. The taste is horrendous -- very watery and completely bland. It's starts with a hits of hoppy bitterness and goes flat in the mouth with a bit of a choke to swallow does. The mouthfeel is a bit like thinned out cola, very watery and not filling or refreshing. Sorry campers, this one goes down the drain.

1.03/5  rDev -49.8%

A. the only reason i gave it a 1.5 cause it comes in a Cold Activated Bottle/Can which is pretty cool, but other then that its nothing special.

S. There is Absolutly no aroma to this beer.

T. Basically its water with 4.2% alcohol in it

M. its just really wet in you're mouth

D. make sure that you are already drunk before you drink it cause then you won't taste it going down

1.03/5  rDev -49.8%

This was offered to me by my friend yesterday. I've had coors light numerous times in all forms. I have never been a big fan of this beer there is something odd with the taste that I have always disliked. Aroma is of weak malts and corn, appearance is pale light yellow, mouthfeel is thin and watery, and the flavor is simply not good. This is likely my least favorite of major light beers. Will not spend my money on this but will drink it if it's my only option.

1.05/5  rDev -48.8%

Well, it has some alcohol in it so it has something going for it.
That's about it.
I drink this when I visit my brother-in-law to be polite. He loves the stuff.
Unbelievable!
Watered down piss - and I'm being generous.
Now, to fill out my 250 characters:
If you pour it in a glass, you have piss in a glass.
There.

1.05/5  rDev -48.8%

Lets just say if I go out with people and they order a Coors Light They go down a notch in my book. I was glad to have one of these beers when I was 16 but it truly is just terrible.
It tastes like urine and smells horrible, the aftertaste makes me want to gag.

1.06/5  rDev -48.3%

A-Pours your typical pale yellow lager color

S-Smells like nothing, literally. I guess you could describe it as dirty water.

T- Like it smells, dirty water, maybe some corn. Really awful taste even for an light lager.

M-Carbonated water.

O-This is the absolute worst tasting light beer I've ever had. Even when I used to only drink light beers this tasted awful. I can't get over how the water tastes dirty, yet they claim to use spring water? Tastes like tap to me, not even. I'll drink it during a night of sessioning but I'd make sure I was well prepared so I didn't have to.

1.08/5  rDev -47.3%

Is it beer or is it water? not the worst beer but pretty close

A = Light straw color clear

S = None maybe faint malt

T = nor refreshing or interesting lacks any depth, maybe rice, best served at 32 in a frozen mug to disguise the nasty aftertaste

M = thin like water so little mouthfeel

D = its poundable only if you want lite taste

IMO with All lite beers drink H2O not lite beer, why spend money on swill.

This is bad.

Pours with decent head, but distinctly lacking aroma.

Smell is reminiscent of that of a bird bath... stale, with subtle notes of bird shit.

Tastes like it smells. If you must drink it, make sure its as 'cold as the rockies' so your taste buds are numb.

Mouth feel? Usually happens twice... once at the frat party, and again in the frat house bathroom, with more texture and sour notes.

Overall: buy miller light, or even better, get some Schlitz (the reformulated 60's stuff). Schlitz is actually surprisingly good for a domestic session beer.

1.08/5  rDev -47.3%

Well, what can I say..um..Its awfull. I normally don't drink these no-taste piss beers, but I thought I'd do one just for BA.
The foam was bubbly, light and dissapated quickly. The smell was that of the foam - I couldn't really smell anything except a hint of light hops. Taste was horrible. I swear I couldn't taste much of anything. The smell was a pre-curser to the taste - nothing with a hint of light hops. It came with the 'Cold Activated' bottle. What a cheap gimmick to get you to buy their beer (if you can call it that). I can imagine their thoughts - we don't know how to make good beer, so we'll get them to buy it through gimmicks and adverts.

1.1/5  rDev -46.3%

Friends drink this sometimes and if offered will not decline. Pours clear yellow piss color. Has a very small head that does not like to stick around. Could not pick up a good whiff of the scent. Taste like... water, guess thats what a real light beer is. Mouthfeel is like carbonated water. Dont buy just drink for free.

First had: ?

Buy lots and get girls drunk...thus the relatively high rating. Pours light straw, almost colorless, thin, and fizzy. Aroma of stale nothingness. Tastes of...what comes out of a cow after spending too much time drinking from a puddle. :D Light, watery, mouthfeel, and although it goes down like water, it leaves a deathly aftertaste and is to be avoided at all costs. Other than [see first sentence].

1.1/5  rDev -46.3%

I remember slamming these down can after can. Then ending up back at the store for more. Boy, we were stupid back in those days
How much money wasted has never been totaled up thats for sure.
This starter beer is for beginners moving up from water.
I cannot go into flavor profiles for there is none!
If forced to drink make sure its ICE COLD, for as soon as it warms a little, The real taste comes out..OUCH...dishsoap.
For the beginner I would at least recommend BUD.

1.11/5  rDev -45.9%

A bunch of friends left a few shitty macro lagers at my apartment, so I figured I would review them. Coors Light is the grand finale. Pours lightest of them all so far. Decent head retention and some lacing. Hardly any smell at all besides a light sulfur smell and some stale grain. Taste is very gross. At least Bud Light had the thoughtfulness to taste like nothing. There are some crisp hops at the end but that doesn't make up for the sickly tasting spoiled grain and sulfur taste. Just terrible.

1.11/5  rDev -45.9%

on tap ad yd tap room, pitcher into pint.

the beer was a light piss yellow and had a bounty of thick white head. the only thing that is keeping the score from a bottom barrel zero is the quantity of the head. the smell was of light corn and metal. th taste was of light corn and carbonation. it is just a watery, super cold, corn bath.

1.11/5  rDev -45.9%

Coors Light has a very watery taste, with little malt or hop influence. The colour is a very light yellow, and this relates to its light flavour. This beer has so little character, one has to wonder why so many people drink it. It would seem that most drink it to be social, as they feel the need to drink something, and this is the tamest it gets.

1.13/5  rDev -44.9%

Worst beer I've ever had. It saddens me when a friend will come over and bring a case of beer or a six-pack and proudly busts out the Coors Light. I'd be happier if they'd brought bottled water.

The look is so pale. The flavor is just plain non-existent. The feel was...slight fizz I guess. I suppose some find it drinkable because it's so flavorless and that's the very same reason I can't drink this stuff. The line needs to be drawn somewhere...and Coors Light doesn't even come close to that line.

1.13/5  rDev -44.9%

"Consistently without eyes to see, those who revel in sewer equally." - Dimmu Borgir

Why not?

Pours a sickly straw color with a white fizzy head. Doesn't look appealing. Constant bubbles coming up from the bottom.

Smells like college. That and acidic Playdoh.

Tastes like hyper-fizzy soda water. Metallic surge with swallow.

How did I used to drink this by the case?

1.13/5  rDev -44.9%

I had this beer over the recent holiday weekend. I don't think I've tasted it in many years. It's a pale, clear straw color with a shallow head. No aroma. No beer flavors at all. Very watery. A miserable beer.

1.13/5  rDev -44.9%

I think Jason and Todd sum this up well with, "Why Bother?" Most light beers are very similar so if you want one, buy whatever is cheapest. This stuff is yellow with a white head. The smell is of grains, stale yeast and old hops. The taste is unmemorable. Very light if thats what you are after. The body is light and fizzy. Not very drinkable in my book.

1.13/5  rDev -44.9%

Pours an off-yellow color, similar to a Mountain Dew that has been dirt-filtered. Has a wierd smell. My vocabulary is not dynamic enough to accurately describe this smell.
When swallowed, it feels like an off-flavored water.

Congratulations to the Coors marketing team who, somehow, have convinced America that this is what a beer should taste like.

1 out of 5 swills.

1.15/5  rDev -43.9%

tap the sewers? yuck this was bad. how can you mix a watery and a skunky taste? coors did it. like out of date water, thats been taken from the sewers of new york.worse than bud light because bud light tastes like bottled water, i would rather have bottled water than sewer water,

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company