Coors Light | Coors Brewing Company

Style: Light Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Reviews: 1,282 | Ratings: 5,062
1.24/5  rDev -39.5%

Wow, honestly it tastes like a hybrid combination of pee, and water. It has no body, but if you are going out on game day its nice because you can have 20 and still not feel it.

Ha, ha, ha. Okay, seriously?
So currently, I am going through a project of rating mass produced beer (and beer like beverages). I rated Bud Light recently, something I never drank before. I had Coors Light in my late teens and didn't like it. And here I go again.
The nose is of your average weasel piss variety, not quite as bad as Bud Light. The pour sounded like sparkling wine, with a display of a most awful colour.
The taste is an absolute joke. At least Bud Light had no flavour. This thing has something lingering in the background and I think it may be corn, but it's merely a distraction from the enjoyment of water.
If any of you drink this on a regular basis, just know that you are not drinking beer. There is nothing here to justify calling this drink a beer. And as far as I am concerned, this product should not be allowed to be marketed as beer. To say nothing about something as moronic as Cold Certified™ Technology. The focus should be on what is inside the can, not outside.
Shame on Coors for producing this and then asking money for it.

1.09/5  rDev -46.8%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Growing up in a predominantly country town, this was a staple beer for many, and drank mostly by those who donned tight wranglers and cowboy hats and boots. Why, I don't know. Perhaps because you can down this like water easily on a hot day and it's inexpensive. I drank many a coors light until I discovered that yes,there is better. Much better.

Pours a standard straw yellow. Smell is almost non existent. Taste is a watered down subtle metallic grain. Mouthfeel is a thin carbonation.Finish is metallic,but clean.

The best description I've heard of this beer was as follows:

"If a nickel could urinate, it would urinate coors light"

1.53/5  rDev -25.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.75

Served from bottle into glass. Pours straw in color, practically transparent with obvious streams of energetic bubbles and a thin suggestion of a pure white head. Very weak almost non existent aroma of light grain, like dry feed corn or old wheat. No hop aroma detectable. Flavor is also weak and again mostly light grain, with a hint of apple juice. No hop flavor detectable. Very low bitterness and a slightly sweet finish. Watery mouthfeel with super high carbonation. Overall this beer is definitely an American adjunct lager: unoffensive aroma and flavor, superbly drinkable and thoroughly boring. But hey, it was free.

2.26/5  rDev +10.2%

Look - Clear straw color. No head or lacing to speak of.

Smell - A faint sweetness but not much else. Slight metallic or acidic aroma, hard to describe.

Taste - Very mild corn grits, vague sweetness and little to no bitterness. No barley or hop flavors to pick up.

Feel - Thin and watery with ample carbonation. Very easy to drink.

Overall - One of the most popular for the style but one of the worst in my opinion.

1.96/5  rDev -4.4%

Normally drink this straight from the 12 ounce can but for this review it was poured into a mug. A straw golden appearance with lots of bubbles streaming. High carbonation. The head was white and frothy with good retention. A fair amount of lacing left behind. The aroma was very faint. Now the most important part of the review, the taste. Light and not at all bitter. Some very faint hops at the back of the throat. It tasted like beer and not at all bad. The mouth feel was watery and a little thin but the finish was crisp and refreshing. With such a low a.b.v. (about 4%) one could drink a couple and not feel drunk. I know a lot of people rag on this beer as awful but I don't think that is being fair. The beer snobs and they know who they are can kiss my ass. This is a good beer. Not wonderful mind you but not as awful as some people say. I drank this the whole time I was in Wyoming for Frontier Days a few years ago. I would give Coors Light a B. Of course that is entirely my own opinion. On a final note I think "The Bros" need to expand their horizons and stop coming across as snobbish assholes. Again just my opinion l.o.l.

2.47/5  rDev +20.5%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.75

I had Shiner Bock as my first beer instead of a light beer, and I can honestly say this was way easier to drink. Being an American light lager, it doesn't have much in the way of looks and taste, but with that said, this is a proven beer. It's nice to drink with your buddies after a good days work because it's not overwhelming with flavor and bitterness. Obviously an easy drinker to say the least, the corniness of the beer ain't that bad. If I didn't like shiner's cream ale so much, this might have been a go-to beer for me, and still could be with how easy it is to drink. All in all, it ain't half bad.

3.22/5  rDev +57.1%
look: 2 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

16 oz can bb 5/22/17 poured into a perfect pint glass at fridge temp. Pours a translucent golden color with minimal and very short lived white head. Head is completely gone in 3 minutes even with the nucleation point in the glass. Smell is just a hint of corny AAL goodness. Tastes like light beer. Again, the things that make an AAL are there, just in imperceptible amounts. The carbonation is sharp and the beer does leave a slight soapy/oily coating on the mouth. Overall, no glaring flaws, just not nearly as good as a light AAL can be.

Pours exactly how you would expect it, straw gold and crystal clear with lost of visible carbonation and a frothy lager head. Faint aroma of corn and white table sugar, with just a hint of crackers. Taste is much the same muted flavors, but there's an odd metallic aftertaste that's kinda off-putting. Light, crisp body, and that's about the best thing I can say about it.

1.25/5  rDev -39%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Sampled with 12 other people in a bottom-shelf-beer tasting session. In a blind taste test of this and 7 other cheap beers (mostly american adjunct lagers), the largest number of correct identifications a single person got was 2. I can confidently say that this beer, in addition to being overwhelmingly underwhelming, if not downright offensive, is entirely indistinguishable from most of the other beers with which it competes. Looks like caramel food coloring mixed with water, and the smell and taste are not far off.

1.31/5  rDev -36.1%

This one is a bit difficult to review, but for the sake of beer karma. I will.

Looks, golden with minimal personality. There's not much of a smell. At most I would say dry straw. Taste like watered down carbonated corn juice FRESH OUT THE DAMN CAN. Carbonation is almost soda like. That is all.

2.38/5  rDev +16.1%

Tall tap--haven't had this in awhile

Pours the expected straw-color with a decent head that seems "foamy" or "fizzy" more than "lacy"

Aroma is very subdued but fine. Sweet and sour.

Perhaps I'm grading on a "curve" but for an American adjunct, this is pretty ok. It beats the tar out of others in the same tier (i.e., Bud Light, Miller Lite, etc.). A pretty good mix of "sweet" (the hallmark of this style) and sour. I don't know where the "sour" comes from, because it definitely isn't a "bitter" hops note. It's almost a "lactic" sour that at least helps balance out the sweetness.

Mouthfeel is typically thin--but excellent carbonation makes it pretty drinkable.

Overall, if I was at a sports bar, and there wasn't a "next tier" macro/craft on tap (like a Blue Moon or something) this would be my "go to" light beer. Not bad.

Pours a very clear yellow. White head, very bubbly. Smells like skunky water. The taste is of skunky and grainy corn. Mouthfeel is that of water. Overall, I'm not sure why I tried it.

4.25/5  rDev +107.3%

Can't believe how many people are not happy with this beer. Great initial taste; color is a bit lacking but who cares? Very good beer overall. Kills other beers in it's class -- Bud, Miller, and Yuengling. A shame more bars don't stock it.

Umm, tons of skunky bread, and sulfur. Pretty much no bitterness and no hops but I guess there are some apparent. I kind of regret opening this but I just wanted a beer at a party where there only seemed to be meh beer. It wasn't gross, it was just boring and plain.

I bought a bottle of beer. I opened a bottle of beer. I take a little water with a strange taste. I'm still looking for beer, non-existent !! I go to the store to return me to the euro scam !!!

2.5/5  rDev +22%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Looks is piss, actually its relatively dilute piss. No head. Aroma is corn, light malt. Taste is the same as the aroma. Mouthfeel is light, alc non existent, aftertaste corn and light malts. Overall its an american adjunct lager and exactly what its supposed to be .

3.15/5  rDev +53.7%

I see that this beer has been rated as awful. Hey, it's a light beer, what do you expect. That means it a watered down version of the regular beer. You usually drink it cause you're over weight or trying to lose some flab. With that in mind, it's not bad and you probably can drink several glasses and still be under your county's DWI minimum. If you want to drink a better beer, increase your activity, put the fork down and eat more salads.

2.4/5  rDev +17.1%

When I am in my backyard, or camping, drinking before 3pm, Coors Light is my go to. I can't be floating in a pool at 1pm sipping on a BA Speedway, Pliny, MP BA MP, etc..... If I lived in MA I would be drinking Tree House, I do live next to Stone and love all the session IPA's of San Diego. But... when I am camping and throwing back some serious can's Coors Light will always be my go to. Get the 16oz can's they always seem more fresh.

2.06/5  rDev +0.5%

can 12 ounce bottle poured to glass
A: pale light amber liquid, big white foam dissipates quickly but lingers
A:Nose: not a lot
T:low bitterness, watery
Palate:very carbonated
OA: fair beer, not ok to repeat, not look for

2.76/5  rDev +34.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Smells like sweet corn and malt. My father-in-law will only drink Coors Light, so I end up buying 30 packs. I prefer Miller Lite over this for taste, but Coors has more carbonation that's refreshing on a hot day.

1.79/5  rDev -12.7%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

From a can with a Sept '16 best-by date. LIttle aroma. Light yellow with white head. Manages to be foamy then thin and insipid almost simultaneously. Taste is broken - thin and watery, then a line of metallic flavor, then dull corny sweetness, though not too sweet. Uneven and only refreshing when cold; taste and mouthfeel become increasingly unpleasant as it warms.

1.31/5  rDev -36.1%

No smell, very very slight bitter taste. Clear yellow color and quickly dissipating head. Do yourself a favor and get a glass of water, drop two alka seltzer tablets in. Wait for it to dissolve and enjoy.

1.68/5  rDev -18%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 1.5

This "beer" is awful. Watery, bland and tasteless. Just awful. There are plenty of "lite" beers that are actually pretty good! But this one is just so bland and barely tastes like beer.

3.44/5  rDev +67.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.75

Pours out a nice urine color with streaming bubbles and a quickly dissipating rocky white crackling head.

Smells like a sweet bread. The sweet is very strong on the odor.

Taste is not bad just not a whole lot to it.

Mouth feel is surprisingly light, oh wait this is a light beer. Watery and thin like the taste.

Overall there really is not a lot here but I guess that is the theory behind a light beer. Something that you could crush a few of very easily on a hot summer day. And this one would work well in that capacity. One thing I found was that this beer works best when ice cold.

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company