Coors Light | Coors Brewing Company

Style: Light Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Reviews: 1,276 | Ratings: 5,048
1.96/5  rDev -4.4%

Normally drink this straight from the 12 ounce can but for this review it was poured into a mug. A straw golden appearance with lots of bubbles streaming. High carbonation. The head was white and frothy with good retention. A fair amount of lacing left behind. The aroma was very faint. Now the most important part of the review, the taste. Light and not at all bitter. Some very faint hops at the back of the throat. It tasted like beer and not at all bad. The mouth feel was watery and a little thin but the finish was crisp and refreshing. With such a low a.b.v. (about 4%) one could drink a couple and not feel drunk. I know a lot of people rag on this beer as awful but I don't think that is being fair. The beer snobs and they know who they are can kiss my ass. This is a good beer. Not wonderful mind you but not as awful as some people say. I drank this the whole time I was in Wyoming for Frontier Days a few years ago. I would give Coors Light a B. Of course that is entirely my own opinion. On a final note I think "The Bros" need to expand their horizons and stop coming across as snobbish assholes. Again just my opinion l.o.l.

2.47/5  rDev +20.5%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.75

I had Shiner Bock as my first beer instead of a light beer, and I can honestly say this was way easier to drink. Being an American light lager, it doesn't have much in the way of looks and taste, but with that said, this is a proven beer. It's nice to drink with your buddies after a good days work because it's not overwhelming with flavor and bitterness. Obviously an easy drinker to say the least, the corniness of the beer ain't that bad. If I didn't like shiner's cream ale so much, this might have been a go-to beer for me, and still could be with how easy it is to drink. All in all, it ain't half bad.

3.22/5  rDev +57.1%
look: 2 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

16 oz can bb 5/22/17 poured into a perfect pint glass at fridge temp. Pours a translucent golden color with minimal and very short lived white head. Head is completely gone in 3 minutes even with the nucleation point in the glass. Smell is just a hint of corny AAL goodness. Tastes like light beer. Again, the things that make an AAL are there, just in imperceptible amounts. The carbonation is sharp and the beer does leave a slight soapy/oily coating on the mouth. Overall, no glaring flaws, just not nearly as good as a light AAL can be.

Pours exactly how you would expect it, straw gold and crystal clear with lost of visible carbonation and a frothy lager head. Faint aroma of corn and white table sugar, with just a hint of crackers. Taste is much the same muted flavors, but there's an odd metallic aftertaste that's kinda off-putting. Light, crisp body, and that's about the best thing I can say about it.

1.25/5  rDev -39%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Sampled with 12 other people in a bottom-shelf-beer tasting session. In a blind taste test of this and 7 other cheap beers (mostly american adjunct lagers), the largest number of correct identifications a single person got was 2. I can confidently say that this beer, in addition to being overwhelmingly underwhelming, if not downright offensive, is entirely indistinguishable from most of the other beers with which it competes. Looks like caramel food coloring mixed with water, and the smell and taste are not far off.

1.31/5  rDev -36.1%

This one is a bit difficult to review, but for the sake of beer karma. I will.

Looks, golden with minimal personality. There's not much of a smell. At most I would say dry straw. Taste like watered down carbonated corn juice FRESH OUT THE DAMN CAN. Carbonation is almost soda like. That is all.

2.38/5  rDev +16.1%

Tall tap--haven't had this in awhile

Pours the expected straw-color with a decent head that seems "foamy" or "fizzy" more than "lacy"

Aroma is very subdued but fine. Sweet and sour.

Perhaps I'm grading on a "curve" but for an American adjunct, this is pretty ok. It beats the tar out of others in the same tier (i.e., Bud Light, Miller Lite, etc.). A pretty good mix of "sweet" (the hallmark of this style) and sour. I don't know where the "sour" comes from, because it definitely isn't a "bitter" hops note. It's almost a "lactic" sour that at least helps balance out the sweetness.

Mouthfeel is typically thin--but excellent carbonation makes it pretty drinkable.

Overall, if I was at a sports bar, and there wasn't a "next tier" macro/craft on tap (like a Blue Moon or something) this would be my "go to" light beer. Not bad.

Pours a very clear yellow. White head, very bubbly. Smells like skunky water. The taste is of skunky and grainy corn. Mouthfeel is that of water. Overall, I'm not sure why I tried it.

4.25/5  rDev +107.3%

Can't believe how many people are not happy with this beer. Great initial taste; color is a bit lacking but who cares? Very good beer overall. Kills other beers in it's class -- Bud, Miller, and Yuengling. A shame more bars don't stock it.

I bought a bottle of beer. I opened a bottle of beer. I take a little water with a strange taste. I'm still looking for beer, non-existent !! I go to the store to return me to the euro scam !!!

"Craft" beer is too hoppy, too malty, and doesn't have enough corn in the batches these days. Honestly, any beer not brewed by Miller Coors pales in comparison. Mine was poured from a freshly filled growler into a tulip glass to get the full aroma.

A- gorgeous golden color. About a finger of head which turns to about two inches of lacing as i take a few sips.
S - Exactly what a man's beer is supposed to smell like: fresh piss and skunk spray. Or maybe its the perfect combination of centennial hops and esters the yeast yields that is driving my senses wild? So much going on here, i should have used a pint glass.
T - First sip hits me like a ton of bricks. The water in this batch must be the best on the planet. Second sip and the water is even more present, while in the foretaste i'm definitely getting the rice and subtle malts. Sip three has a mild hop sensation with a beautiful water finish. As I go ahead and "slam" the rest of this beverage down my throat, I throw caution into the wind. At 4%, I would consider this more of a session beer anyway but I have to be careful since two or three of these will keep me up at night.
M - Very astringent. I think perhaps I should drink this when I have a cold. But hey, I drink it everyday anyway.
O - Outstanding offering from an outstanding company. The 300+ years of brewing experience really does shine through on this beer.

While there are a lot of barrel aged beers, belgians, and IPAs that I could easily purchase at my local grocer, I choose to go to my local Applebee's and fill my growler with this. Sure, they charge me $25 to do so since they ring it up as several pints but who cares. Like a true craft beer drinker, I only enjoy it fresh. Bottles and Cans are for losers.

2.5/5  rDev +22%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Looks is piss, actually its relatively dilute piss. No head. Aroma is corn, light malt. Taste is the same as the aroma. Mouthfeel is light, alc non existent, aftertaste corn and light malts. Overall its an american adjunct lager and exactly what its supposed to be .

3.15/5  rDev +53.7%

I see that this beer has been rated as awful. Hey, it's a light beer, what do you expect. That means it a watered down version of the regular beer. You usually drink it cause you're over weight or trying to lose some flab. With that in mind, it's not bad and you probably can drink several glasses and still be under your county's DWI minimum. If you want to drink a better beer, increase your activity, put the fork down and eat more salads.

2.4/5  rDev +17.1%

When I am in my backyard, or camping, drinking before 3pm, Coors Light is my go to. I can't be floating in a pool at 1pm sipping on a BA Speedway, Pliny, MP BA MP, etc..... If I lived in MA I would be drinking Tree House, I do live next to Stone and love all the session IPA's of San Diego. But... when I am camping and throwing back some serious can's Coors Light will always be my go to. Get the 16oz can's they always seem more fresh.

2.06/5  rDev +0.5%

can 12 ounce bottle poured to glass
A: pale light amber liquid, big white foam dissipates quickly but lingers
A:Nose: not a lot
T:low bitterness, watery
Palate:very carbonated
OA: fair beer, not ok to repeat, not look for

2.76/5  rDev +34.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Smells like sweet corn and malt. My father-in-law will only drink Coors Light, so I end up buying 30 packs. I prefer Miller Lite over this for taste, but Coors has more carbonation that's refreshing on a hot day.

1.79/5  rDev -12.7%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

From a can with a Sept '16 best-by date. LIttle aroma. Light yellow with white head. Manages to be foamy then thin and insipid almost simultaneously. Taste is broken - thin and watery, then a line of metallic flavor, then dull corny sweetness, though not too sweet. Uneven and only refreshing when cold; taste and mouthfeel become increasingly unpleasant as it warms.

1.31/5  rDev -36.1%

No smell, very very slight bitter taste. Clear yellow color and quickly dissipating head. Do yourself a favor and get a glass of water, drop two alka seltzer tablets in. Wait for it to dissolve and enjoy.

1.68/5  rDev -18%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 1.5

This "beer" is awful. Watery, bland and tasteless. Just awful. There are plenty of "lite" beers that are actually pretty good! But this one is just so bland and barely tastes like beer.

3.44/5  rDev +67.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.75

Pours out a nice urine color with streaming bubbles and a quickly dissipating rocky white crackling head.

Smells like a sweet bread. The sweet is very strong on the odor.

Taste is not bad just not a whole lot to it.

Mouth feel is surprisingly light, oh wait this is a light beer. Watery and thin like the taste.

Overall there really is not a lot here but I guess that is the theory behind a light beer. Something that you could crush a few of very easily on a hot summer day. And this one would work well in that capacity. One thing I found was that this beer works best when ice cold.

2.76/5  rDev +34.6%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 3

Bought a 24 ounce can of it at the gas station.The beer pours with a minimal head, and the head evaporates within 10 seconds of being poured. It is a clear pale golden color. It has a faint corny and grainy smell. I cannot smell any hops. The taste is somewhat crisp and refreshing, as I am drinking it on a warm summer night. It does have a mild hoppy taste, and an aftertaste almost like seltzer water. It's an extremely drinkable beer; it goes down like water. Overall I'd say Coors Light has slightly more hops in the flavor, than most other light beers. One of the better light beers out there. Coors Light is the epitome of a light party beer.

I would recommend this beer to anyone who wants a refreshing light beer, or is looking to a keg-stand.

Cheers!

2.6/5  rDev +26.8%

Decent beer. Very light in color, smell and goes down pretty smoothly. Very refreshing taste and feel, with a little less calories than regular Coors. Great for a kick back or for someone who watching their weight and doesn't want to get fat off of beer.

3.3/5  rDev +61%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

For the style:
APPEARANCE: A crystal clear straw/golden. A finger of quickly dissipating white, foamy head. Lots of medium bubbles rising up. No real lacing to speak of.
AROMA: All I really smell is something that reminds me of faint banana. The yeast maybe?
TASTE: Again, very faint banana.
FEEL: Nice full carbonation, very light body, watery, but since there isn't much for flavor the carbonation really helps.
OVERALL: Biggest thing going for this is I have it VERY cold and it is effervescent and refreshing, with no real weird tastes. Very seltzer like, be great on a hot day at the lake.

2.08/5  rDev +1.5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

Poured at 43°F from a 12oz bottle (best by date 22Aug16) into a Pilsner glass. Consumed on 02Jun16.
LOOK: Pour with a half fingers worth of white foam that rapidly shrivel to a line within 15 seconds. Straw yellow in color. Rising bubbles are both small and medium in size and large in amount. Lacing is thin and hardly existent.
SMELL: Mild aromas of sweet bread, boiled cabbage, and spicy hops are backed by earthy hop aromas and hints of corn. This would actually smell pretty good if it weren't for that boiled cabbage.
TASTE: Mild spicy hop and subtle boiled cabbage flavors first wreck the palate. Unlike one of its competitor, this is fully loaded with flavors, just not the right ones... Subtle sweet bread and earthy hop flavors immediately follow as boiled cabbage flavors grow ever so slightly stronger. The corn adjuncts finally whisper to my tongue as all previous flavors persist.
FEEL: Light-bodied and overly carbonated. The carbonation burns the tongue. Goes does terribly rough. Finishes crisp.
NOTE: That cabbage, though. Yeah. No. Would I drink one of these if given to me? Yeah. That's how I got this one. Would I ever spend my money on a six pack? Absolutely no.

2.05/5  rDev 0%

A lot of water in it, lots of clarity, mild yellow color revealing only the slightest amount of barley used. Aroma nothing, maybe some metallic and copper notes.

Mild sweetness, high carbonation, more copper penny notes. Tons of water. Tastes like a beer and a water were blended.

This is stuff you feed sidechicks.

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company