Coors Light | Coors Brewing Company

Style: Light Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Reviews: 1,265 | Ratings: 4,998
3.44/5  rDev +67.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.75

Pours out a nice urine color with streaming bubbles and a quickly dissipating rocky white crackling head.

Smells like a sweet bread. The sweet is very strong on the odor.

Taste is not bad just not a whole lot to it.

Mouth feel is surprisingly light, oh wait this is a light beer. Watery and thin like the taste.

Overall there really is not a lot here but I guess that is the theory behind a light beer. Something that you could crush a few of very easily on a hot summer day. And this one would work well in that capacity. One thing I found was that this beer works best when ice cold.

2.76/5  rDev +34.6%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 3

Bought a 24 ounce can of it at the gas station.The beer pours with a minimal head, and the head evaporates within 10 seconds of being poured. It is a clear pale golden color. It has a faint corny and grainy smell. I cannot smell any hops. The taste is somewhat crisp and refreshing, as I am drinking it on a warm summer night. It does have a mild hoppy taste, and an aftertaste almost like seltzer water. It's an extremely drinkable beer; it goes down like water. Overall I'd say Coors Light has slightly more hops in the flavor, than most other light beers. One of the better light beers out there. Coors Light is the epitome of a light party beer.

I would recommend this beer to anyone who wants a refreshing light beer, or is looking to a keg-stand.

Cheers!

2.6/5  rDev +26.8%

Decent beer. Very light in color, smell and goes down pretty smoothly. Very refreshing taste and feel, with a little less calories than regular Coors. Great for a kick back or for someone who watching their weight and doesn't want to get fat off of beer.

3.3/5  rDev +61%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

For the style:
APPEARANCE: A crystal clear straw/golden. A finger of quickly dissipating white, foamy head. Lots of medium bubbles rising up. No real lacing to speak of.
AROMA: All I really smell is something that reminds me of faint banana. The yeast maybe?
TASTE: Again, very faint banana.
FEEL: Nice full carbonation, very light body, watery, but since there isn't much for flavor the carbonation really helps.
OVERALL: Biggest thing going for this is I have it VERY cold and it is effervescent and refreshing, with no real weird tastes. Very seltzer like, be great on a hot day at the lake.

2.08/5  rDev +1.5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

Poured at 43°F from a 12oz bottle (best by date 22Aug16) into a Pilsner glass. Consumed on 02Jun16.
LOOK: Pour with a half fingers worth of white foam that rapidly shrivel to a line within 15 seconds. Straw yellow in color. Rising bubbles are both small and medium in size and large in amount. Lacing is thin and hardly existent.
SMELL: Mild aromas of sweet bread, boiled cabbage, and spicy hops are backed by earthy hop aromas and hints of corn. This would actually smell pretty good if it weren't for that boiled cabbage.
TASTE: Mild spicy hop and subtle boiled cabbage flavors first wreck the palate. Unlike one of its competitor, this is fully loaded with flavors, just not the right ones... Subtle sweet bread and earthy hop flavors immediately follow as boiled cabbage flavors grow ever so slightly stronger. The corn adjuncts finally whisper to my tongue as all previous flavors persist.
FEEL: Light-bodied and overly carbonated. The carbonation burns the tongue. Goes does terribly rough. Finishes crisp.
NOTE: That cabbage, though. Yeah. No. Would I drink one of these if given to me? Yeah. That's how I got this one. Would I ever spend my money on a six pack? Absolutely no.

2.05/5  rDev 0%

A lot of water in it, lots of clarity, mild yellow color revealing only the slightest amount of barley used. Aroma nothing, maybe some metallic and copper notes.

Mild sweetness, high carbonation, more copper penny notes. Tons of water. Tastes like a beer and a water were blended.

This is stuff you feed sidechicks.

2.04/5  rDev -0.5%

Its a very average American light. Pale gold. Corn and metallic. Water pennies and corn. Carbonated water. I dinr vuy it but I've had a few theyre ok and they taste like carbonated Rocky Mountain stream water. A good chugging beer but its nothing special.

1.19/5  rDev -42%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1 | overall: 1

This Pilsner is so light, it seems to take on the taste of whichever vessel it is housed in. That is to say, drinking from a bottle vs a can vs a keg will produce a variety of flavors. I can think of almost no situations where I would choose a Coors Light, unless I it was down to Coors Light vs Bud Light. But in that situation I would probably just leave.

4.3/5  rDev +109.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

Coors light is my go to beer. It's cheap and it's refreshing. As many people have said prior to me - it is what it is. When it comes to Bud Light, Miller Lite, and Coors Light, Coors Light wins hands down in my book.

3.78/5  rDev +84.4%

One of my favorite light beers. It isn't anything special, just a good day in day out beer for everyday. I wouldn't claim it is good, by craft standards, but by a college kid, and my personal pocketbook, it does its job. Its taste is kind of light, with a light carbonated mouthfeel. if it gets warm, it tastes metallic. when it has been out in the sun for prolonged time, it is undrinkable. best serve this beer ice cold. same pretty much as all macro lights. take your pick, and they are all pretty much the same thing. I have drank a whole lot of these, and will drink many more. i would personally go for Coors Banquet over this though, if you want something stronger, but still within reasonable price range for a party.

3.2/5  rDev +56.1%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

IF I was given the task of finding a slogan for CL.. I'd go with: Ice Cold Coors Light.. It Is What It Is!
I've been drinking CL for about 30 years, and have no complaints. I've never tired of it. CL goes good with seafood, steak, BBQ, chicken.. it would probably pair well with a shit sandwich.

You can start your night out with CL, move on to craft..or if your feeling a little buzzed off your craft beer, you can downshift and have a CL. Does it taste like a topnotch brew.. no, but it doesn't have to. It's so light, hangovers are almost a thing of the past. My favorite all-time macro, by leaps and bounds.

What's really to be a hater about? Decent brew for a tailgate or beach. Damn, put this in a ice cold cooler at 29 degrees and damn cheap. Always seems to be a winner. Big brew in Puerto Rico. Draft taste bottle or can. You can put down a twelver with out feeling bloated. Nothing more to see here- just keep moving along!

2.8/5  rDev +36.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3

Coors Brewing Company - Coors Light. 4.2% ABV. Tall 20oz glass ordered at a restaurant

Look: Body is a pale straw gold color, with visible carbonation present. Arrived with a small ring of white lacing.

Smell: Typical grain with corn sweetness. Not a whole lot.

Feel: Light bodied with loads of carbonation. Easy, smooth drinkability.

Taste: Just like the smell, grain and corn sweetness watered down.

Overall: Nothing special at all, just a light lager, although not as bad as some other light beers of the same style. The best way I can describe this is corn soda.

2.29/5  rDev +11.7%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.25

From notes taken 05/01/16:

Pure and clear straw gold, almost like gasoline. Fine whitish head, lower moderate retention, film-forming. Light grain, with even lighter honey and banana (of all things) on the nose. Grain, bread on the palate, all very watered down, so not strong or harsh. Sweetness expected from nose but there really isn’t much (my parents practically raised me on this one, so now I’m partial to the less sweet light and adjunct lagers, on the rare occasions I drink them). Smallest hint of floral hops. Light in body, well-carbonated, very spritzy, and tingly to prickly. Crisp and refreshing. Could slam six of these back, no problem. But that’s not really how I like to drink beer.

This is swill in its most bland form. Can't pick up anything other than a slight malt sweetness that is barely there. No palate on it of note. Overall this is just water masquerading as beer.

2.5/5  rDev +22%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Pours a darker golden yellow with a lot of foam.

Not getting much of anything, just a graininess.

Grains and water.

Light-bodied, high carbonation.

Crisp, easy drinking, water.

2.06/5  rDev +0.5%

Coors light is a just another light American mass produced beer that has only slightly more individuality that the others. While drinking this beer I keep coming back to one thought; carbonated water. There is something else going on in that bottle but I can't quite figure it out. The smell and feel are just common. If you're going to be smoking brisket in the backyard for 8 hours this is your beer.

1.79/5  rDev -12.7%

Beer snobs tend to ream this a new one, but if you really can't enjoy a coors light every now and then you're probably trying too hard.

What little taste there is is slightly sweet and rather funky from the corn they use. It's a little tart and very watery with high carbonation, slightly metallic. Very mild hop bill that just pokes it's head in to say hello for a split second.

Not bad, but certainly no craft beer.

I'm gonna be honest, there's not much more to life than sippin' on a Coors. The electric blue color that the can embraces when cold as the Rocky Mountains is not to be taken lightly: it's an invitation. However, she's a seductive mistress, as each savory and refreshing sip (or gulp) only serves to tantalize and bring the experience closer to climax. Fortunately, unlike some experiences, there's no waiting time in between rounds. And that's to everyone's benefit, as you'll need more than one to really appreciate the love that goes into each individual, hand-crafted can. Mr. Coors, you've got a fan in me.

The smell reminds me of good times I had and the taste is rather unique for a light beer. Great clarity and very smooth on the palate. Overall, a great cheaper beer.

1.92/5  rDev -6.3%

My expectations were so low I have to say it was ok. It did have more flavor than other lights I have tried. Maybe my opinion was affected by the atmosphere of the place i had it, the Drunken Clam in St Pete beach.
i think the bar smell and pleasant people gave the beer a big boost !

2.94/5  rDev +43.4%

Drank out of 12 oz can, couldn't get ahold of a glass at the time.
Smelled of barely and hops, maybe light cereal grains.
Tasted of cheap cereal grains, and maybe a burning kind of citrus like taste.
Mouthful is alcohol-reeking, kinda burning but not to where I wanted to spit it out. Easy to handle.
Overall, Decent light lager that I would take over Bud Light anyday. Refreshing and, well, light American lager-ish.

3.33/5  rDev +62.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

This beer is extremely light and crisp. However, comparing this beer to non-light beers is to compare apples to oranges. If you are on a budget and watching your calories, Coors Light is a great choice.

3.86/5  rDev +88.3%

Smells of cereal and grain. If the place I go to doesn't have great beer this is always my go too beer. Goes down smooth, overall a good beer for the mass market.

1.37/5  rDev -33.2%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Bought a single of this just to see how bad it was. Poured into a mug. Nearly transparent in color, a shade or two more yellow than my tan wallpaper. Concerning. A thin, bubbly head that disappeared quickly like soda, and very little lacing. Smell is kind of gross. Stale, bitter, corn and grain. Taste is actually less pronounced than the smell, which I thought was a good thing considering it smelled nasty. More corn and grain flavor, but extremely subtle and watered down. Tastes a little like trying to eat stale bread and washing it down with tap water. Feel is thin, watery, and with high carbonation. I was very burpy trying to drink this, and the only flavor I was getting out of my burps were from the coffee I drank earlier in the day. Overall, not an abysmal beer just because it's so flavorless, but it's so incredibly boring that I don't think I would ever want to drink one again.

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company