Coors Light | Coors Brewing Company

Style: Light Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Reviews: 1,263 | Ratings: 4,977
1.72/5  rDev -16.1%

There is very little redeeming quality to this beverage that I guess is actually beer (though who would know it). Watery and thin, it is almost insulting. If I were going to drink a light beer I'd rather drink a Straub Light.
This beer is pale clear yellow. It has very little aroma but with enough effort you can find hints of corn and alcohol in the nose. The taste is just water. Cold water that had an ear of corn sitting in it for a while. There does not seem to be any distinguishable malt or hop characteristics just hard water that leaves an unpleasant aftertaste. The mouthfeel is thin. Its just carbonated water. Drinkability. It is not bad enough that I would make a scene if someone (out of the kindness of their heart) graciously offered me a can; but I would never seek one out as long as it was avoidable. If the only purpose of this beer is a cheep drunk, then get a cheap bottle of Vodka and a gallon of water and you'll get just as much drunk per dollar for much less unpleasant taste. IMHO. Anyway...

Hope this is helpful.
Cheers!

1.6/5  rDev -22%

Pale straw with little head retention at all. The smell is just like any cheap adjunt beer-corny. The taste is pretty awful. It has a shit beer taste which i sorta like a bit but i mean it's still pretty bad for that. There is way too little beer taste to this. It's like water! The mouthfeel is like water as well. I have not yet drank a more watery beer. I felt like I was drinking Zima. The drinkability is low cause i can't stand drinking something this unsatisfying and gross. I gave it half a point more cause I figure if you wanted to get sloshed on this (which is probably why poeple buy it mostly) you can. It's so watery I could drink like 5 of these and feel lnothing as far as the stomach goes.

3.04/5  rDev +48.3%

Poured from a can into nonik bearing lots of white frothy foam that finely laces the glass as it diminishes to a broken layer over a clear beer with a light golden hue having visible bubbles rising throughout
Aroma of bread soaked with malted cider, then if anything, slight alcohol
First sip starts out watery followed by a lightly sweet in-between light/med body brew
Hops IBU’s must be hovering the human threshold somewhere below 15 since they are detected and quickly vanish in short duration
Brewed to be light in calories makes it what it is – thanks to science - to me it’s a
Clean refreshing malted beverage to cleanse the palate at the end of the sessions

Yes you can try this at home

1.24/5  rDev -39.5%

Appearance - Pale yellow with about an inch and a half of foam, along with carbonation bubbles.

Smell - Nothing special. Perhaps the coldness of the beer eliminated the smell completely.

Taste - Worst beer, hands down. Tastes like soap. Only way to drink it is to cool it to sub freezing temperatures and drink it as fast as possible. Very skunky beer when even remotely warm.

Drinkability - Stay away. Worst cheap beer, imo.

1.82/5  rDev -11.2%

This pours a dull straw color with a small head that leaves quicker than you on payday.The smell sort of reminds me of vegatables cooking and not much else.The taste is like water.The Mouthfeel is too weak and watery for my blood. I drank 30 in one sitting before and had no buzz!!!

Pours a typical macro lager yellow from a twelve ounce bottle. Smells pretty bad, mostly tasteless. My first encounter with the silver bullet came many years ago in college. It was one of the beers of choice for mass swilling because of its lack of taste, which can only be described as watery. Okay for what it is.

2.85/5  rDev +39%

Drank straight from the bottle. I was at my friends' house for a weekend pre-game, pre-game to an IU game. My friend is just obssesed with this beer, saying it's "the greatest beer of all time". Wow, I am sorry. Anyway, I didn't get a good look at it obviously, but I would imagine in my head a light yellow color. The smell- nothing spectacular, I mean it wasn't a turn off, but it wasn't anything that would attract me to drinking it. It wasn't powerful either. The taste was just all around average.

I will give it credit, of most cheap beers, like really cheap on sale beers, I would drink this over any those beers. It is refreshing, it isn't filling, it isn't expensive, it does it's job right? I mean what could you expect? I think it does its job, so for that I give it credit, and I would drink it at a party, but it's not something I'm stocking in my fridge either.

2.55/5  rDev +24.4%

finally got around to having a Coors Light, the Silver Bullet. well, i don't know what to say that hasn't already been said. This beer is monumentally crappy! just terrible, it should be illegal to call it beer. no color, no taste, poor mouthfeel, Drinkability is absolutely incredibly awesome as this beer slides down like water and with the low alc. content i could down a boatload of these in a very short time - i guess therein lies the appeal.

anyway, you know the story, another horrendous light beer, possibly the worst of the bunch. quite an accomplishment.

i dont usually bother reviewing beers that i despise, i dont really see the point, but i figured i should review at least one so i knew what it felt like to totally bash a beer . Here goes. This is a bad bad beer, colorless, flavorless odorless, much like carbon monoxide, you should try and avoid it at all costs. Mcro lagers usually benefit from being extremely cold, this one almost evaporates when extremely cold, and as it warms up , well lets just say it would be better if it did evaporate. Ill never understand why this beer is so popular, never.

1.11/5  rDev -45.9%

A bunch of friends left a few shitty macro lagers at my apartment, so I figured I would review them. Coors Light is the grand finale. Pours lightest of them all so far. Decent head retention and some lacing. Hardly any smell at all besides a light sulfur smell and some stale grain. Taste is very gross. At least Bud Light had the thoughtfulness to taste like nothing. There are some crisp hops at the end but that doesn't make up for the sickly tasting spoiled grain and sulfur taste. Just terrible.

1.9/5  rDev -7.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 3.5

Alright, this is not so much an actively disagreeable beer, as it is a very light malt alcohol drink of some sort masquerading as beer. That's why I give it such a low rating. While I don't like it, I can definately drink plenty of it, because the taste is really quite weak.
Appearance- Very light yellow. Not even bright, like a cheap Macro that's been watered down further, which it is.
Smell- Even Origional doesn't have much of a scent. This has a very faint smell of hops, that's it.
Taste- Almost none, what's there is still disagreeable to me. No grains at all, lots of water and carbonatation, a little bit of hops that I don't like.
Mouthfeel- Like seltzer water.
Drinkability- Pretty good. It's so light and watery anyone could do keg stands with the stuff. But why would you want to?

Conclusion- I think this is actually near-beer. When I worked for a minor league baseball team's food concession service, I once sold a guy a dozen pint bottles of this stuff. I kept selling because I couldn't hear him slurr or see his movements change at all. That about sums Coors Light up. Its only mildly unappealing, but it also isn't really beer. So only godawful Budwieser gets a worse rating so far. And even Bud tries to formulate something that at least parody's beer. If you drink this, order a vodka and tonic or vodka and soda next time and just admit you don't like beer. Or if you're ordering this because you've had too much to drink already or need to drive home, once again stop pretending. Do your tastebuds and body a favor and get a bottled water.

2.25/5  rDev +9.8%

This beer was tasted from a bottle in a Pilsner Glass.

The beer pours golden but there is no head and it does not hold or lace. The smell is not to chemical but there isn't much of a smell at all. The taste is quite watered down but there is nothing especially harsh about the taste. It is carbonated well, fairly smooth and not to oily but really watery. Overall quite easy going down for a light macro beer.

1.4/5  rDev -31.7%

Pours a super pale yellow, straw yellow, big white head forms but goes quickly, no lace. Smell is sweet, some minor skunk, citrus and corn. Taste is non existent, some corn sweetness, citrus and a little bit of iron. Mouthfeel is light bodied with medium carbonation. Hideous.

Mildly better than silver bullet from a can, coors light in a bottle nevertheless remains a low quality brew. As with most of this type of standard american cheap beer, it must be served cold in order to retain any form of drinkability whatsoever. Weak and watery with a puffy, fleeting head when poured, this is purely a beer to have when there's very little else available. Hard to drink more than a couple at a time.

1.63/5  rDev -20.5%

This pours a pale straw color with a small head that leaves quickly.The smell is very weak and has a hint of cooked vegatables.The taste is faintly hoppy,but is more like water with a touch of beer.The m/f is light,weak and watery.I can't imagine ever trying this again.

2.63/5  rDev +28.3%

I have to agree with many other reviewers...the Silver Bullet is hardly a wonderful taste sensation, but as far as American Macros, particularly Light beers, it's very smooth and drinkable. One of my favorite strategies to prolong a night of drinking is to alternate stronger beers with Coors Light...it cleanses the palate and keeps one fresh for more drinking...

Appearance and smell are typical of Light lagers, mouthfeel and drinkability a little above average...less (well almost none at all frankly) aftertaste than almost any other beer...

Great for sessions, of course. Hardly close to my favorite beer, but again, a nice respite between other beers....

2.96/5  rDev +44.4%

I'm ashamed to say it, but, WOW. This beer isn't terrible. For me, talking about a BMC beer, let alone a LIGHT beer, that is high praise indeed. Not terrible. Infact, I could see myself drinking this beer with no complaints if the right social situation were to arise (or if it was cheap enough on tap). I mean, I never would seek it out, but, the old silver bullet never fails. Goes down quick and smooth, and I'll have another thank you very much.
I'm suprised as to how drinkable this beer was.
Certainly not good, and if you've got micros around, DRINK THEM!!! But, for what it is, ain't bad, ain't bad at all.

2.7/5  rDev +31.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

First of all, I do still enjoy the occasional macro. I bought a 24oz can of this tonight. The beer looks like any other macro. Light in color. The smell reminds me of many a campfire with my friends. A bunch of rowdy kids drinking whatever the one person over 21 brought or would buy for them. The taste, again, is pretty much in line with any other macro. There is just not much of a taste there. The mouthfeel is actually pretty smooth. Some Macro's are just too harsh in the mouthfeel to be consumed. This one is one of the better Macro's. The drinkability is above average for the style. Americam Macro is made to be relativaly inexpensive and drinkable. This one finds that niche well.

2.4/5  rDev +17.1%

Note: Served in a 12oz bottle with an accompanying 12oz mug on cheap beer night at a local establishment.

This beer pours to a light yellow and a quickly dissipating head. Smell is mostly of corn adjuncts. Taste is rather bland, hints of corn in the aroma, aftertaste however is minimal. Mouthfeel is reminiscent of Soda Water. However one could easily take a 12 pack of these and easily put them back without even thinking about it. Very easy to drink, just not a very good beer.

1.32/5  rDev -35.6%

Dry mouth. Parched palate. My throat seeks succor and salvation in any kind of beverage...here's a can handy. I'll down it, whatever it is...couldn't hurt..?

Pale, just slightly yellow coloring, bordering on white, with a head that starts white and full but dies in seconds flat.

Sweet corn in the nose, but flat and empty beyond...mostly, I smell "wet"...so, I'm guessing this is sweetened water?

Taste: let me amend that: SPOILED water. Sweetness, which might stand in for taste, is missing and so is any other kind of flavor. Flat. Decrepit. Utterly innocuous, and deeply disappointing. For those uninterested in flavor, and eager to accept into their systems a weak, watery alcohol delivery system.

Really, no appeal is found inside this can...yuk! As far from beer as I can imagine...how does anyone actually enjoy this?
Light, yes, but each gulp resounds with vapidity. There's so little here it can't escape from it's flaws, and can only be tolerated by those who can't imagine anything else, with character, taste, texture, or any of those other extra amenities.

My insides have been moistened, yes, but my soul aches from the cheap, lifeless atrocity of this mistake of a beer. Worse, it's actually an abuse of water.

No wonder they refer so frequently to the cold taste on the label of this can and in the advertising, for there isn't any other "taste" inside that they boast of...wait, "cold" isn't a taste...

(Drinkability gets a "1" because if I ever wanted more than one of these, you may as well take me out and shoot me!)

3.33/5  rDev +62.4%

You've seen all the other reviews for appearnce, smell, blah blah blah. In my opinion, this is THE best tasting macro in the united states. Not just the best tasting light beer, BUT the best tasting macro. Sure, it doesn't have a strong beer taste, but when compared with bud and miller which taste less like beer and more like urine (from what i've been told that urine tastes like anyway), Coors light will always be my choice in a macro. Clean, refreshing taste. Definitely an exeption among macros.

4.02/5  rDev +96.1%

Appearance: Burned impression of straw; in a clear keg cup or a red keg cup, the expectation is fulfilled; crystal clear; typical domestic light lager head; uninspiring to the connoisseur; liquid gold to the tailgater

Smell: Pleasantly outdoorsy despite the expectation of metallic overtones; clean rice as opposed to oppressive corn

Taste: Pure and clean; it simply tastes like American lager; light

Mouthfeel: Like a party in your mouth - a party where many people are leaving and many people are arriving at the same time

Drinkability: Impeccable, quantity-wise

2.85/5  rDev +39%

man i hate it when you go to the bar late and all thats cold is coors light well it looks like beer in a bottle smells like beer in a bottle taste like watery beer in a bottle kinda sweet makes it easy to drink almost to easy to drink if you ask mebut nobody did

2.93/5  rDev +42.9%

Pours a pale yellow color with a finger of head that falls to a very light coating over top of the brew. What I was expecting from a light beer. Nose is fairly sweet, almost sugary sweet, with a very light grainy character. Flavor is a little sparse. Light corn-sugary sweetness with whisps of grainy/huskyness. Feel is very light and watery. Carbonation is very active. As far as a macro light lager goes, this is my choice. It really has nothing that offends me for the style. Quite drinkable.

3.3/5  rDev +61%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Well, this is another beer, this was really difficult to drink. Why?. Because it has additives that make it really heavy in the palate, I mean, really annoying and far from being a refreshing beer. Seems like trying to get you out of beers. The colour was a little green and that speaks bad about a beer, and almost no foam.

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company