Coors Light | Coors Brewing Company

Style: Light Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Reviews: 1,263 | Ratings: 4,984
1.76/5  rDev -14.1%

Pours a ultralight straw color with a quickly dissapating white head, typical macro.

Smells a touch like cooked corn and a lightly citrusy hop oil. Aka CRAP.

Enters the mouth with a dab of malt sweetness, minimal hop presence that dissapates faster than it came and leaves the mouth a touch sweet but overall clean. Still a slightly skunky character that makes coors smell and taste unpleasant.

Water thin, too high carbonation.

Drinkable beer bong style, otherwise, not suited for sipping.

1.95/5  rDev -4.9%

The Silver Bullet. A crappy looking beer, it pours the normal golden color of just about any macro beer around, looks very flat and watery. The smells are faint, although I notice some malt character. The taste is unimpressive. Not bad tasting by any means, but there's just not much to it. Quite boring. Watery. The mouthfeel is thin, but I wouldnt have really expected anything else. Very drinkable and quite easy to consume mass quantities. This is not a bad beer for a summer afternoon grill-out... if its free.

1.88/5  rDev -8.3%

A thin, watery amber color. A brief, foamy white head that leaves NO lace. As for the aroma, it’s weird because even though there is so little to pick out, it’s still somehow bad. As for the flavor...well, there isn’t any really, except for a very, very faint grain flavor. Mouthfeel is watery with very little carbonation. Avoid this one.

1.83/5  rDev -10.7%

Pours a slightly tainted clear color with an explosive head that disappears nearly instantly.

Smells like next-to-nothing. Strange smokey type deal? I dunno, it's hard to pick out anything substantial.

Same with taste. It kinda has a strange pool-water taste to it, with a slightly sweet finish. Hops?

Very light bodied, not complex at all. I'll give it points for drinkability because it's very watery and easy to drink.

2.7/5  rDev +31.7%

This is often my cheap, quantity beer of choice when buying beer from a grocery store.
It's pale and uncrafted; no aroma to speak of or write home about. The taste is mild and watery, the mouthfeel is bubbly, perhaps over carbonated.
Inoffensive and relatively refreshing. When I'm not in the mood for something interesting this tends to be beer I go for... this or Pabst Blue Ribbon... but this is always findable in stores around here.
The shiny silver cans are appealing!
That's about it for Coors Light.

2.42/5  rDev +18%
look: 3.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

Served at fridge temperatue in a pint glass.

Appearance: Pours straw yellow with an impressive, layered 1" head that quickly dissapates into a fine bubble mat that floats atop the beer.

Smell: Mmm... adjuncts. Almost imperceptable hops, and not a trace of malt to be found. Typical American lager smell (unfortunately).

Taste/Mouthfeel/Drinkability: Light and sweet right in the front, with an artificial corn sugar and a slight metallic character. Average mouthfeel since the obvious carbonation is kept in check. To its credit, this beer does have a refreshing quality to it.

Special Note: This beer is the only beer I've ever had that actually quenched my thirst like a nice glass of water would have.

1.5/5  rDev -26.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

I have successfully avoided drinking this beer for several years. However, since it was readily available at an office party, I decided to give it a go. I was surprised at the lack of total disgustingness, I was expecting much worse. Perhaps it was due to the bottle instead of the can? Pours light-amber like diluted piss, decent carbonation, no head. Smells of skunk, alcohol, I suppose a little bit of wheatness crept in there, maybe it was my imagination. Taste was less skunky than I had expected, tastes like a beer with seltzer in it. Mouthfeel? hah. Drinkable, well I'd rather have this than Busch light, but is that really something to be proud of?

1.7/5  rDev -17.1%

How low can a beer Advocate go? this is pretty much the bottom. Tried a can I took home a month or two ago from a party. (hey, at least I didnt have topay for this backwash) Pours very light yellow, very clear, very white head, which quickly departs. Slight sugary nose. Too watery. No flavor, no hops no malt. Besides those obvious problems its great stuff.

1.5/5  rDev -26.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Hey! Free beer! Well, that is, if you can call Coors Light beer. I’m not going to go into detail about every nuance of this beer because you’ve all seen and tasted it. That and there really aren’t many nuances to talk about. This is about as lifeless a beer as they come, a true bastardization of the drink we love and knows as beer. Alright, I will do a breakdown.

Appearance: Bland pale yellow with a medium-size, white, foamy, instantly diminishing head. Lacing? One ring after the first taste that went away soon after.

Smell: Very mild. Some malts, a hint of citrusy hops, and that adjunct stink

Taste: What taste?

Mouthfeel: Carbonated water with the slightest hop crispness.

Drinkability: Sure I could drink a lot of these if I had too, but I don’t think I’d ever want to.

1.68/5  rDev -18%

Ah, Coors Light. I remember this being in the cooler at my family's 4th of July BBQ. There was this alcoholic friend that would down about 4-5 cans before we even finished cooking the ribs. I was impressed, thinking "Dang, that must be the stuff!"

Alas, I soon got a bite of the coldest tasting reality in the world.

I've had this in numerous forms, draft, canned and in the bottle, and I don't know which one I really liked better. All of them have no head to speak of. The smell is that of the "beer smell", not the sweet tang of esters or the richness of hops, but of just "beer", like the restroom at a stadium. The flavor is forgettable. I wouldn't be able to taste a difference between this and other "light beers".

In it's defense, Coors delivers what it intends; a cheap beer that you can go out and by a 12-pack for when you need a lot of beer that you can chug down and get mildly plastered. If you want a generic megabrew, try the Miller line and take my advice, and avoid anything with the word "Light/Lite" in the name

Tap the motherf#%^in' Rockies, indeed!

3.25/5  rDev +58.5%

Fizzy yellow pee looking.
Biscuit aroma.
Light biscuit flavor and very watery. Very refreshing.
Light, thin body.

I am very disappointed in some of the reviews of this beer made by the top reviewers. They disparage the people who give high ratings to these types of beers, as they are non-discriptive of the beers, however their reviews are no more helpful. Merely commenting on the beer's naming, or as waste is not an intelligent or helpful review.

2.6/5  rDev +26.8%

If you need something that you can drink all night this is the beer to choose. I wil generally start with a few good beers and end on the Silver bullet, as me and my friends say its like making love in a canoe... its f%@*@! close to water! There is nothing special with the flavor but damn I can put these things back fast!

2.51/5  rDev +22.4%

Pours out a pale straw color tons of carbonation.Has that shit smell that i cant stand coors light for {actually smells like puke}.Taste is pretty pale no actual ingredient i can taste,but,not horrible.I can drink a couple of these and not be disgusted.No mouthfeel. if its at a party or if its free , F it ,ill drink it.

1.97/5  rDev -3.9%

Eye Candy: Watery yellow. Lines of rising carbonation. Thin and uninviting.

The Nose Knows: Slight veggie smell, a touch of sugar, no off odors detected.

Tongueland: Slight cooked veggie, minimally metallic, mostly sweet.

Bender: As majors go, this one is not offensive, I see how the ladies like it.

1.38/5  rDev -32.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

It poured a pale yellow color with a head that faded from existance quickly. I cant really smell anything, maybe... some malt? It could just be left overs from the beer I had before. The taste... well, was not too impressive. The flavor was just not there, it was quite bland, to say the least. I have ho idea how Coors sells so much of this stuff.

2.3/5  rDev +12.2%

Decided to revisit this one after hearing about how cold tasting it is...pours a nice clean light golden color wit ha fizzy white 1/4 inch...nose is sweet and fresh actually....actually quite pleasant...almost a candy like sweetness on the nose...body is light...taste is low...almost like water but with a very light but nice little sweetness to it....not as much banana as the Keystone but similar..no real offending characteristics...no real redeeming qualities....the least flavorful of the light beers I have tried but the cleanest tasting too..so clean it is almost like water...

Certainly not for a beer purist but there is a time and place for this beer....for example perhaps after running a marathon on the surface of the sun this little baby might slide down very nicely....or to the lesser extreme after a hard workout at the gym....more water like than beer like but I don't find it horrid..

2.1/5  rDev +2.4%

Pale straw with a low white head that evaporates... Little to no aroma and what is there is definitely cooked-corn. Little to no taste and what is there is definitely cooked-corn. Very light bodied and watery...

Not near as bad as I remembered (there was a time when the aroma of the Silver Bullet made me ill) bit still my least favorite of the 3 light macros...

Per can: 102 cal, 5.0g Carb, 0.7g Prot, 0 fat.

Per Coors website: Gold 1998 GABF - American-style light lager. HOW?!?!

Jan08 Lasered on bottom of can (pull date per Coors website - it is supposed to be a Sunday ... either beer is a few years old or good until 2006 ?!?)
Tasted: 12/02/04

1.35/5  rDev -34.1%

Well I am surprised that I have not posed a review of Coors Light before but I guess I am bored tonight. Had a few today while out at a dive bar with some friends watching the Dolphins/49’rs game. Bad beer, bad game! Brew pours to a very pale yellow clear color with a good sized white head that just disappears leaving no lacing. The aroma is bland, nothing exciting going on here. Basic malt aroma that is hard to notice, hop aroma . . . yeah right! The taste is very bland as well and what flavor it does have is not overly enjoyable. Beyond that, there is not much else to write about on this beer.

1.53/5  rDev -25.4%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Brewed in Canada under license of Coors by Molson. Have a couple friends who only drink this, so when you go to their house this is the only option. Pale, watered down yellow color. Very little carbonation left after the pour. The smell that comes off of this is very sour. Little or no flavor, other than a metalic aftertaste and more grainy sourness. What else can you say? Another mass produced product with a huge marketing budget. Best served ice cold. Can't see myself spending money on this watered down beer.

2.66/5  rDev +29.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

The Silver Bullet...

Appearance: Surprisingly good, I had a decent amount of foam with some good lace and the color was a nice gold, surprising.

Smell: You can already smell the metallic coming through, not good but actually not terrible either, I've smelled worse.

Taste: Light, smooth but metallicy. Drinkable but sweet and goes down really fast which is good or bad depending on the type of drinker I guess. I wasn't that impressed.

Mouthfeel: Again sweet and fast but actually smooth, not too bad.

Drinkability: Christ you can have twenty in an hour, great for those just looking for that, but as they say, why bother?

Overall: Not too bad for what it is, easily drinkable, inexpensive, surprisingly solid. Nothing more than that.

2.13/5  rDev +3.9%

Appearance: Pours a clear straw-yellow. Moderate white head with not much as far as lacing goes.

Smell: Can't pick up much of anything. A faint smell of hops and a hint of sweetness.

Taste: Not much to say, really. Very mild, light taste.

Mouthfeel: Light, smooth, and watery.

Drinkability: You could drink a case of this stuff, with little to no effort. It's essentially flavored water & alcohol.

1.3/5  rDev -36.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

"The Coldest Tasting Beer in the World"? How can something taste cold? Cold isn't a flavor it's a sensation, a lack of heat. if you drink this stuff warm it doens't taste cold, it tastes like hot piss.
The head and nose are non-existent, the taste is corn, water and aluminum can, and the mouthful is that of tonic water. Usually something this thin is at least easy to drink, but this stuff tastes horrible and is way to carbonated to even slam down.
The next time I'm at a party and this is the only thing being served, I will VOLUNTEER to be the designated driver.

1.15/5  rDev -43.9%

tap the sewers? yuck this was bad. how can you mix a watery and a skunky taste? coors did it. like out of date water, thats been taken from the sewers of new york.worse than bud light because bud light tastes like bottled water, i would rather have bottled water than sewer water,

1.1/5  rDev -46.3%

I remember slamming these down can after can. Then ending up back at the store for more. Boy, we were stupid back in those days
How much money wasted has never been totaled up thats for sure.
This starter beer is for beginners moving up from water.
I cannot go into flavor profiles for there is none!
If forced to drink make sure its ICE COLD, for as soon as it warms a little, The real taste comes out..OUCH...dishsoap.
For the beginner I would at least recommend BUD.

1.58/5  rDev -22.9%

Alas, instead of ending up at friend's Belgian sampling I ended up at another friend's backyard "BrewHa" And what was the beer de jour? Coors Light... It poured pale golden, with a 1cm head that faded but lasted until I had put the beer down after carrying it around for quite some time! The aroma was faint malt. It tasted - well - like diluted beer. It wasn't skunked, wasn't bitter, did have a pleasant carbonated feel on the palate...It just didn't have enough flavor to make me want to drink more. What happened to the barley and hops that were supposed to be there?

Thirst quenching? Stick to water.

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company