Coors Light | Coors Brewing Company

Style: Light Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Ratings: 5,119 |  Reviews: 1,293

2.58/5  rDev +25.9%

Reviewed from notes taken 8-29-13.

I poured a finger of white head, and nearly instantly it was gone. The body looked to be a golden-urine color.

The beer smelled faintly of adjunct. I also got buttery crackers with slight grass hints.

I tasted sweet malt/adjunct up front. Sweet grass and the buttery crackers followed closely.

The beer was light bodied. It was very refreshing, the picture of a lawnmower beer. I left no film and finished sweet.

2.23/5  rDev +8.8%

I like to think of beers as what they are.

I grew up around racing. I don't mean fancy f1 or Indy or anything like that.I mean circle track, dirt track, NASCAR type tracing. My family has always owned and raced cars. I don't know if it was because Coors was a big sponsor at a local track - but if you were working on the car on a Tuesday night - you were drinking Coors lights.

Appearance - if you're drinking out of a glass - it's pretty bad. You know how Budweiser has that dark yellow color when poured? Imagine half as dark.

mouth fell - not bad but I believe this is partly because of the good amount of carbonation added.

Taste - well to be honest - it really doesn't taste all that special. You can tell the major ingredients are things like corn, wheat And rice. But when you're working on a car for several hours, or just done mowing your lawn on a hit day, or working in the house for a while..its not the Stone 2013 Imperial Russian Stout you want, but the Coors light that hits the spot.

Conclusion - what I'm really trying to say - Coors light is good when you just finished doing some work - especially on a warm day. According to the can it has 107 calories and 3.7% alcohol - something else that may appeal to you. While there may be sometimes I reach for an Old Rasputin or Dogfish Head 90.. Coors light also has it's place.

2.5/5  rDev +22%