Coors Light | Coors Brewing Company

Style: Light Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Ratings: 5,141 |  Reviews: 1,297

2.72/5  rDev +32.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

A: I was assured the bottle I was about to consume was not only cold, but Super Cold indicated by the snowy rocky peaks on the front of the bottle. Since this was the case, I immediatly poured it into a pint glass aggresively so as not to miss out on the super coldness. Doing this I was greated by a four finger head that fell quickly allowing me to pour the rest of the beer into the glass. The body was a straw yellow color, a shade lighter than a baby chick.

S: While I would normally use my sence of smell to determine if the beer was cold the visual indicator took my attention away from the temperature and more towards the corn like scent and mineral like vibe of the beer.

T: A subtle taste of corn sweetness and a musty foot like vibe.

M: Crisp and cleeeeann. High Carbonation and low low body.

O: Of the light lagers this one is probably my prefered. Super clean and crisp but drink it cold in the bottle.

1.5/5  rDev -26.8%

1.76/5  rDev -14.1%

16oz can with no date. this ____ is cold as the rockies, son!

look is light, clear, gold. smell is sweet, salty, and metallic. taste is light carbonated water with a small amount of sugar and metallic corn flavor. feel is light and cloying, heavily carbonated.

ice cold on a hot day, maybe

2.61/5  rDev +27.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

For the longest time I avoided this stuff, I always had it at frat houses and other less than stellar places. It has recently in the past 6 months become one of my favorite adjuncts though and I'll tell you why.

Lets take a second and be honest with ourselves, this beer is not meant to be poured from the can into a glass. I did so for review purposes however and it is a pale yellow color, as almost all adjunct lagers are.
The nose of this beer is very strange, it has a kind of corn / syrupy smell, with no hops detectable what so ever.
The taste of this beer when cold is actually pretty good! It has a very watery almost alka seltzer feel in the mouth, but the taste is light and refreshing with most of the taste being cereal grains. It has more flavor than the weird taste of bud-light. The after taste makes me think of Cheerios.

My overall impression of this beer is this, it is a beer brewed to serve a purpose and I think that it does exactly what it was intended to do. It's not a beer for complex analysis, you won't be drinking this wondering what those hops were or what the malt used was. But it is refreshing and when served cold as recommended it can hit the spot if it's what you were after. It's simple and not offensive, and sometimes that's good enough. Although there are many beers I would consider better I can't say that there's anything inherently wrong with this one.

1.5/5  rDev -26.8%

2.25/5  rDev +9.8%

2.47/5  rDev +20.5%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Has been my "Go-To" domestic beer for quite a few years. As long as the mountains are blue this beer will quench your thirst better than any of the other Macrobrew light options. Also, when Sam Eliot does the voiceover for you commercials you can't go wrong.

3.25/5  rDev +58.5%

Pretty much the worst beer ever. I used to be into bottom shelf adjunct lagers and such, but now I can really appreciate the taste of a real beer. On a hot day, after an honest day's work, I'd rather drink anything else but this. It will slow down your tastebuds to the point of cardiac arrest. Great from the beach (because it tastes like a mouthful of sand and salt water) to the slopes (because after having one, your day just goes downhill). Just thinking about it makes me vomit.

2.75/5  rDev +34.1%