Coors Light | Coors Brewing Company

coors.com

Style: Light Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Ratings: 5,195 |  Reviews: 1,313

ive drank 500 gallons, will drink 500 gallons more. this is a beer to cut your teeth on, to be a teenager with, to be outdoors with, to drink and drink and drink on long summer days with no water and find a decent forgiveness in the morning. this is the beer of smokey and the bandit, smokey runnin coolers of coors across old man river mississippi so all we east least can get a taste of the Rockies. this is the beer of Golden Colorado, Shelby County Tennessee, the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia, and every raging prom party worth a bucket of spit and a Kid Rock song. I drink it when the mountains turn BLUE.

2.75/5  rDev +35.5%

Photo of

You had this beer. Write a review.

1.25/5  rDev -38.4%

2.3/5  rDev +13.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

A buddy of mine works for MillerCoors and occasionally gets some free stuff, and gave me a six pack. My mom's beer of choice, and I made sure that my mountains were blue so that it's at its ideal temp. Let's see how it goes.

A: Incredibly pale straw yellow. Not even as dark as ginger ale, but that is what the color reminds me of. There's a pretty good finger head on it, but it has zero retention and lacing.

S: There's a corn-like sweetness, and not a whole lot else.

T: Wow. I used to sip my moms when I was little, and I remembered it being better than this. The taste is slightly grainy, but there isn't much on the front. It's the aftertaste that really gets me. While it might still be described as grainy, there's something there that is both metallic and fruity.

M: Think soda water, and you're about there. Impressively light, with quite a hit of carbonation.

O: Honestly, if it wasn't for the mouth-kicking aftertaste, it would be a fine beer. Maybe the problem is that I poured it into a glass and opened the favors... In any case, like any other beer, I'll drink them as long as they're free and there's nothing equally free available.

2.5/5  rDev +23.2%