Coors Light | Coors Brewing Company

Added by BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Ratings: 5,103 |  Reviews: 1,286
2.75/5  rDev +34.1%

1.37/5  rDev -33.2%

I know I've had this over the years a couple times and I'm surprised I never reviewed it before... it must have fell through the cracks somehow. This beer poured out as a clear yellow color with a very fast fading white head on top. The beer has some carbonation bubbles that rise to the top on occasion. The smell of the beer is mostly aromas of corn and other sweet grains. The taste is very bland, I'd say it lacks everything in the flavor/taste category. The mouthfeel is watery, thin and boring. Overall it's nothing to be proud of, it's got no depth or anything. Avoid it, because there is nothing good about it.

Photo of

You had this beer. Write a review.

2.75/5  rDev +34.1%

1.75/5  rDev -14.6%

2.5/5  rDev +22%

1.45/5  rDev -29.3%

Served from a bottle.

A: I've never consumed this beer from a glass but I've seen it. Very light in color and not much of a foamy head. Plenty of bubbles circulating the glass though. The bottle is dark brown. The color-changing mountains are a neat feature but that's about all this brew has going for it.

S: Not much of an aroma. Maybe a few notes of grain and steel sneak their way into the nostrils.

T: Light taste. I always taste a very mild grape flavor. I've tried to make the case to my friends that there is a grape taste but no one else seems to pick it up. Either way, it's not a pleasant grape taste. It tastes like it's been sitting in the can too long.

M: Very light. Very, very, very light. Carbonation is heavy. Foams up in the mouth and leaves a watery, sweet aftertaste.

Overall: I hate to bag on a beer but I've never enjoyed this brew. There are better low-priced beers out there. You are never going to get the true flavor of a plain lager through a light beer but Coors just watered this one down way too much.

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company