Coors Light | Coors Brewing Company

Style: Light Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Ratings: 5,122 |  Reviews: 1,293

3.15/5  rDev +53.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

1.5/5  rDev -26.8%

Fortunately my can is indicating that the beer I am about to pour is "Super Cold".

APPEARANCE: For the first two seconds, this beer doesn't look bad. The head is stark white and about a half-inch thick over a very, very pale yellow color that is about as close to the water on a white sand Caribbean beach as you can get in a beer. But that head evaporates nearly immediately leaving a weird, bubbly beer with no head at all, but random bubbles popping up towards the naked surface. That's what it is, this beer looks naked. Also, big, giant bubbles coat the bottom of the glass for some reason, waiting to be released one at a time to dart towards the flat and headless surface.

SMELL: It actually doesn't smell terrible. A little sweet, some bourbon-like corn character is there, with a tiny hint of citrus.

TASTE: While there isn't much there, I can't say that it tastes bad. Light, sweet and with a tiny, tiny hint of hops the only real problem is with the aftertaste. It isn't pretty.

MOUTHFEEL: Crisp, but somehow, not really clean. Exceedingly light in body with a light, funky punker towards the end that doesn't seem appropriate. The carbonation is actually pretty decent.

OVERALL: This is not a disgusting beer by any means. Nor is it a good beer. The way I see it is 'what's the point?' I mean I CAN drink this, but what good is it doing me? I suppose if I simply wanted to get drunk this would be fine, but A). I don't and B). If I did I could do it cheaper, more efficiently and more enjoyably by simply buying some big craft brews. So yeah, I try not to waste my allotment of booze for the week on things like this.

3.1/5  rDev +51.2%

A: Clear yellow with a decent size head, pretty decent lacing. Looks almost identical to Bud Light and Miller Lite. Very impressive for a light beer.

S: Weak smell of hops and other ingredients. Really reminds you of the smell of a party when alcohol is spilled everywhere. There's a good chance that alcohol is Coors Light anyway.

T: Of the three; Bud Light, Miller Lite, and Coors Light, Coors has grown to be my favorite. This is a highly drinkable brew and doesn't taste half bad either. The taste is hard to describe, but I think it can be best portrayed as "generic". It simply tastes like a light beer.

M: Pretty high carbonation. Not bad. No bad aftertaste and leaves you wanting another.

O: My favorite light beer. In my opinion, it is a bit expensive for its quality, but is not a bad buy.

2.75/5  rDev +34.1%

2.5/5  rDev +22%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Standard fare among American Adjuncts. More of a corny flavor than Bud Light.

2.75/5  rDev +34.1%