Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Coors Light | Coors Brewing Company

Style: Light Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Ratings: 5,176 |  Reviews: 1,308
2.65/5  rDev +30.5%

Coor Light pours a light straw from a 24oz can. Head is about one finger for an instant, then goes completely.

Nose is a damp rice with little else. Palate is astringent with a slight bitter hops, and the carbonation bite.

A light Beer with appeal to the masses and done well for what it is. There is not a lot going on here to embellish so if your drinking this Beer because you like it, then enjoy, you could be doing worse.

2.48/5  rDev +22.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 3.5

Color is a very pale yellow, one of the lightest. White head does not last long at all. The body and mouthfeel are both thin. Clean malt aroma and flavor. I agree with the ads, the only thing that sets Coors apart from the other wretched light beers is the water, which makes it crisp and refreshing. Very easy to drink, but why bother.

3.15/5  rDev +55.2%

Clear, very pale yellowish color - one of the lightest of the lights! The fluffy, bright white head dies immediately. The body is thin. The mouthfeel is also thin, but with a gentle caress of fine bubbles from a fair amount of carbonation. Very clean, slight malt aroma. Clean, light malt flavor. Light and brief. What it lacks in flavor, it makes up for in lack of color! (That's a joke). Somewhat refreshing. At least it's somewhat something!

1.63/5  rDev -19.7%

oddly enough, this one was even worse out of the keg. an odor that almost made me throw it away started it off, then a skunky bitter taste with a whole lot of carbonation on the way down. it is sure a good thing i had some good brews with me, and i didn't have to fight coors lite down all night

2.33/5  rDev +14.8%

One of the lightest, “Light” Beers on the market. Pale, sickly gold hue, white head, no lace. Undistinguishable nose beyond the light grainy-husk, sweet. Ditto on the palate… watery. Polluted with adjuncts. Undrinkable and unnecessary, far too many better “Light” beers (is than an oxymoron?) can be had. Pass on Coors Light the next time you see it. This is nothing a BA would drink often… I mean ever!

1.13/5  rDev -44.3%

I had this beer over the recent holiday weekend. I don't think I've tasted it in many years. It's a pale, clear straw color with a shallow head. No aroma. No beer flavors at all. Very watery. A miserable beer.

1.42/5  rDev -30%

I guess if you held a gun to my head and made me choose an American Lite, this would be it. I mean if Sam Adams stopped making theirs. I agree that this is a good chick beer.

2.2/5  rDev +8.4%

Much like any other light beer, it serves a purpose...and what that purpose is, I have no idea. This is not too terribly undrinkable, but the aroma and appearance as well as flavor leave a bit to be desired. Worth the pain to drink if you are calorie-conscious.

1.47/5  rDev -27.6%
look: 1 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Ahh. The legendary Silver Bullet. There are so many nasty things I could say but I don't want to be crude (at least not right now!). This is not a beer. It is so bad that if the drafters of the Rheinheitsgebot had nuclear capability, Golden Colorado would be one huge radioactive crater. Weak, adjuncty, apple-juicy tasting underhopped, and generally insipid. As a "water beverage" it is very nice: it actually kinda tastes a bit like beer.

What the hell is with this beer?? Light almost waterlike color. Almost no smell. Smells like seltzer water, with a cooked veggie characteristic that transfers to the taste. Spritzy and watery with a strong sweet adjunct funk. After drinking some Munchen Helles all weekend and then drinking this, I had to dump it out. Instead of drinking this, just drink water.

1.53/5  rDev -24.6%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Free at golf tournament today........I probably have had hundreds of these over the years, before I knew good beer existed. Not much I can say that others have not already stated. Straw like color, white fizzy head. Some grain like smells. Taste was very dull, bland, watery and overly sweet. No real solid hops, malt, or any other beerlike qualities. I barely consider this a beer anymore.

Yuck.....had this at a buddy's b-day celebration. Just horrible. Forced to buy my own drink after having one of these.
Fake adjunct-y sweetness. No distinguishable beer traits. Faintly gold water appearance.
Why am I even bothering...mostly just because I am offended for consuming this garbage.

I only wish that the rating were lower than 1.0!! I would rather drink tap water than this. The only reason this beer is popular is the advertising Coors does. The Silver Bullet is a complete dud.

1.98/5  rDev -2.5%

Extreame pale lager, yellow in color with a surprisingly decent look in the glass. No taste to speak of.. only mountain water (right). Slight malt finish, but no character at all...

3.12/5  rDev +53.7%

The true "ladies beer." I had to give this a high drinkablity, because I do drink a lot of water.

1.3/5  rDev -36%

Yes this is light. And it has a funky, somewhat bizarre, soapy taste to it. If there are hops in here they are well hidden. If it were 90+ degrees outside and there were no water or other beer available.

1.78/5  rDev -12.3%

pours a pale, pale gold with absolutely no head. I can't get any smell off it whatsoever. Taste is extremely watered down just like the body. I may be imagining things but it seems like I can taste the faintest of malt flavor in it. It is like rolling soda water across your mouth but it is pretty drinkable. This beer looks, smells, and tastes like someone took a perfectly good bottle of kolsch or blonde ale and poured it into a gallon of water. It really wouldn't be half bad for a party except that it takes at least 1.5 X as much of this stuff as it does any other beer. If I am going to go cheap I at least want something that is going to give me a buzz by the time I kill the six pack.

1.5/5  rDev -26.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

Sadly, this is probably one of the four beers (along with Matt's Premium, Koch's Golden Annies, and Labatt's Blue) that I've consumed the most of in my life. Happily, 95% of the Coors Light I HAVE consumed was free, courtesy of my buddy with the stock car - a sponsor gave him 2 free cases a race. Based on that, I can say with authority that it's good for nothing.

I have no idea what it looks like in a glass, as I drink this baby straight from the can. Typical macrobrew "prickly" mouthfeel. The flavor is sort of beer like, but there's an undeniable "not malt" sweet flavor - corn? rice? hay? Duz? Lifebuoy? - that just screams "adjuncts!" They used hops in this beer? Can't find them. Quenches the thirst, and that's about it.

You can pound 'em all night long and still think you can drive, until the pre-hangover kicks in and causes oncoming headlights to feel like high intensity laser beams - just a prelude to how your head will feel in the morning if you choose to drink enough of it to finally achieve a solid buzz. But then, why else would you drink it?

1.76/5  rDev -13.3%

i usually avoid light beers like the plague, but when your thirsty and they're free, i guess you gotta drink up. i don't care what slight flavors you may discern if you think long and hard enough about them, this beer is crap. it swills down easy and quenches accordingly, but is your image really going to be elevated if you drink the "silver bullet'? YUK!

This is proof positive that advertising does pay. Why else would anyone buy this crap??? It has a very watery taste with a hint of skunk. I think Odouls is closer to being beer than this..uh...beverage...(I almost called it a beer..oops!).

THIS IS NOT BEER!! That's right, it's beer-flavored carbonated water with minimal alcohol content, suitable for frat-boys, jocks, bennies (that's a NJ term for the "hip" Summer crowd that invades the shore every year), and other "party animals" who think this crap actually tastes good! How Coors manages to move so much of this garbage amazes me...when I used to work in a liquor store, case upon case of this over-carbonated urine would fly out of the store. There's no accounting for (bad) taste I suppose. The saying "To each his own" applies here!

very watery...

One could argue whether this should actually be referred to as beer. It's more like carbonated water.

mmm... "beer" or, more accurately, quasi beer-colored water. don't waste your time.

1.36/5  rDev -33%

Carefully crafted to avoid anything which might offend the mass market - including flavor.

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company