Coors Light | Coors Brewing Company (Molson-Coors)

Coors LightCoors Light
2.04/5
Poor
Coors LightCoors Light

Coors Brewing Company (Molson-Coors)
Colorado, United States
millercoors.com

Style: Light Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Ratings: 5,293 |  Reviews: 1,330
1.43/5  rDev -29.9%

Attempting to be gold, but falls short and lands at yellow fizzy with all of the artificial carbonation the white head dissipates very quickly. This is the Silver Bullet, the "good stuff" to most people my age, and the reason why most people my age don't like the taste of beer. Corn and rice sweetness mixed with some off aromas of chemical origin. The flavor is as close to an artificial beer as it can get. They try to produce malt and hops, but this beer is more like a can of soda than a beer. Light body, high capacity, and not enjoyable. Taste the Rockies, well for me never again in this life time.

1.84/5  rDev -9.8%

There are always these for the taking at my Weekly fri. card games. So when I’m done my beer I decided to grab one last week. Pours a clear, bright pale yellow color with not much head at all. On the nose the aroma is fairly clean. On the palate the flavor (what flavor there is) is slighty bitter, nice sweetness as it warms, very light lemon character, and light graininess.

1.33/5  rDev -34.8%

Thanks, but do you have any other beer? How about water instead? Coca-cola? Anything, a diet ginger ale, yesterday's coffee or a used tea bag and some hot water? Anything?

Anything else at all?

Well, if it's Coors light or nothing and you're thirsty enough...it's wet. Sort of. More or less.

Credit where credit is due, I like their ads during the football game, hey, who doesn't like those twins? But this tasteless beer is a waste of time and money. No taste, no smell, no point to it, just expensive water and you can buy better bottled water, cheaper. A bad macrolight, useful only for putting out fires in ashtrays.

2.33/5  rDev +14.2%

I can't wait for football season to end, the Eagles lost, and the horrible Coors commercials hopefully will be over!
This beer isn't all that bad compared to miller lite and bud lite. I think it's definitely better than those two. I'm biased towards this beer because I've been sneaking it out of the fridge since I was 15. So it was basically my initiation into the beer world.
Not much to taste, or smell, but it's a great party beer that can be drank in massive quantities without too many digestive problems the next day.

This is it! The worst beer I have ever had (not counting contaminated or spoiled beer. Though even then, it comes close). This beer is piss yellow, smells like the underside of a dirty mop and tastes...like the underside of a dirty mop...or maybe like the piss yellow color it resembles. Anyway, it is so watered down, that I can't even get a buzz off of it, wind up spending all my time in the bathroom and it makes me think that the best thing I could do for humanity is continue my quest to warn the world of the evils of the Coors brewery!

It's that bad.

1.56/5  rDev -23.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Straw gold color with a quarter-inch off-white head that resembles soap lather. Quite aggressive carbonation with streams of large bubbles sustains the head quite well. Aroma is slightly sweet with faint, washed-out hops and the slightest hint of skunk. Tasting yields a slight sting of carbonation, less than expected considering the furious activity in the glass, followed by slightly sweet flavors and some weak hop bitterness and lingering metallic flavors at the back of the tongue. Mouthfeel is very watery. A remarkably insubstantial beer.

I can't believe I am reviewing Coors Light, more unbelievable than that is the fact that I am reviewing it from my desk at work. The Christmas party justed ended, and I am waiting for the whistle to blow. Pours a clear yellow color, mild light taste with no bitterness to speak of. Nothing to dislike really, but nothing to really like. I should have brought in my own beer.

2.93/5  rDev +43.6%

This Coors light that I downed was in draught form and brewed under licence in Canada. It had a much fuller body than I had anticipated, medium golden in colour, well balanced with low carbonation. There was a very light head, and no after taste. I enjoyed it.

Coors Light not good
Almost no head at all.
The body is light, almost clear.
The taste is that of South Dakota tap water.
I used it one time at a beer tasting to cleanse my tastebudds

"I do like the nice shiney can"

1.97/5  rDev -3.4%

Coors Light... the Silver Bullet. Without a shadow of a doubt the most tasteless beer in the entire world. It also happens to be by far the most popular beer where I live. I've seen entire refridgerator cases devoted just to this stuff. Disgraceful.

Coors Light pours an extremely pale straw color that reminds me of a white sparkling apple cider I once had. Very active carbonation. The extremely thin, fizzy head disappears almost instantaneously. It has a sweet, fruity smell to it, like canned pears and apples. It has a much too watery, soda-like mouthfeel. There is a slightly sweet grain taste up front, but everywhere else on the palette it is almost devoid of taste. The closest thing to alcoholic water there is. No dryness and no bitterness. Same thing with the aftertaste, except the occasional "canned fruit" taste makes its way through. And of course, no alcoholic warmth.

I gave this a high drinkability because it is very easy to chug down. If you can drink water, you can drink this. I find the taste non-offensive, but it has to have taste in order for me to give that category a good mark. My recommendation is to save it for parties. Even then, make this your last possible resort if no other brew is available.

Edit - this review was written when the "overall" rating was called "drinkability." I have not changed my score for this, but in no way do I feel that this beer merits a 3.5 "overall."

1.33/5  rDev -34.8%

This is worst than regular Coors. Regular Coors tasted like Panther Piss, but this is watered down Delta water that was filtered through a funnel of potable water. How could anyone drink this? Taste buds must be shot to hell!

2.05/5  rDev +0.5%

This was like drinking water, overly priced water. I might as well as be drinking Poland Springs or something. There are only 2 things I can say about this imposter beer.
1) The color hides the taste, it almost looks like a real beer.
2) Tastes great when it is given away free. (As long as the food that you are eating hides most of it)

1.47/5  rDev -27.9%

First of all this stuff has no character, but for one reason or another my friends still drink it. The color is pale yellow. NO and I do mean no carbonation, might as well be drinking water. The flavor is about the same, stagnant pond water. There is little aroma, and no head. Why bother, the label is even ugly!

1.23/5  rDev -39.7%

I can't think of a beer I dislike more. It truly tastes like bitter piss water. I made the mistake of drinking this at a Tex Ranger's game and have regretted it since. Please, don't claim to be a member of this site and drink this...beer (not even worthy of the name.)

1.83/5  rDev -10.3%

This beer isn't that bad for a light American-style lager. It has a pleasant color with virtually no aroma to speak of. It does have some light bitterness, very light, but it drinks very easily. The mouthfeel was actually better than many other light beers, and it doesn't seem to have the annoying aftertaste of many macros. It is a good refreshing beer to drink when you're dripping with sweat after cutting the lawn, and a couple of my neighbors rarely drink anything but Coors light, as they find it to be extremely easy to drink a handful at a time. Not my favorite style beer, but not bad for what it is, a light macro.

2.96/5  rDev +45.1%

Well you know, cheap and easy to drink but not a great tasting beer. Light body, no head, plenty of corn and rice though. For cheap shit it works. I will have on hand for my friends that do appricate the good stuff.

1.95/5  rDev -4.4%

While attending a wedding, it seemed that the only beer served was one for the masses. It was hot and I needed something cold wet to cure my parchness so I decided to have a cup of this. Very thin yellowish color in which I could read the embossed logo on the bottom of the cup. The aroma wasn't anything to brag about. The taste was reasonable, but I think being parched on a humid day helped make it drinkable. Not something I'd pay money for (for myself anyway).

2.65/5  rDev +29.9%

Coor Light pours a light straw from a 24oz can. Head is about one finger for an instant, then goes completely.

Nose is a damp rice with little else. Palate is astringent with a slight bitter hops, and the carbonation bite.

A light Beer with appeal to the masses and done well for what it is. There is not a lot going on here to embellish so if your drinking this Beer because you like it, then enjoy, you could be doing worse.

2.48/5  rDev +21.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 3.5

Color is a very pale yellow, one of the lightest. White head does not last long at all. The body and mouthfeel are both thin. Clean malt aroma and flavor. I agree with the ads, the only thing that sets Coors apart from the other wretched light beers is the water, which makes it crisp and refreshing. Very easy to drink, but why bother.

3.15/5  rDev +54.4%

Clear, very pale yellowish color - one of the lightest of the lights! The fluffy, bright white head dies immediately. The body is thin. The mouthfeel is also thin, but with a gentle caress of fine bubbles from a fair amount of carbonation. Very clean, slight malt aroma. Clean, light malt flavor. Light and brief. What it lacks in flavor, it makes up for in lack of color! (That's a joke). Somewhat refreshing. At least it's somewhat something!

1.63/5  rDev -20.1%

oddly enough, this one was even worse out of the keg. an odor that almost made me throw it away started it off, then a skunky bitter taste with a whole lot of carbonation on the way down. it is sure a good thing i had some good brews with me, and i didn't have to fight coors lite down all night

2.33/5  rDev +14.2%

One of the lightest, “Light” Beers on the market. Pale, sickly gold hue, white head, no lace. Undistinguishable nose beyond the light grainy-husk, sweet. Ditto on the palate… watery. Polluted with adjuncts. Undrinkable and unnecessary, far too many better “Light” beers (is than an oxymoron?) can be had. Pass on Coors Light the next time you see it. This is nothing a BA would drink often… I mean ever!

1.13/5  rDev -44.6%

I had this beer over the recent holiday weekend. I don't think I've tasted it in many years. It's a pale, clear straw color with a shallow head. No aroma. No beer flavors at all. Very watery. A miserable beer.

1.42/5  rDev -30.4%

I guess if you held a gun to my head and made me choose an American Lite, this would be it. I mean if Sam Adams stopped making theirs. I agree that this is a good chick beer.

2.2/5  rDev +7.8%

Much like any other light beer, it serves a purpose...and what that purpose is, I have no idea. This is not too terribly undrinkable, but the aroma and appearance as well as flavor leave a bit to be desired. Worth the pain to drink if you are calorie-conscious.

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company (Molson-Coors)
Beer rating: 2.04 out of 5 with 5,293 ratings