Coors Light | Coors Brewing Company

Style: Light Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Reviews: 1,264 | Ratings: 4,997

Served from a bottle.

A: I've never consumed this beer from a glass but I've seen it. Very light in color and not much of a foamy head. Plenty of bubbles circulating the glass though. The bottle is dark brown. The color-changing mountains are a neat feature but that's about all this brew has going for it.

S: Not much of an aroma. Maybe a few notes of grain and steel sneak their way into the nostrils.

T: Light taste. I always taste a very mild grape flavor. I've tried to make the case to my friends that there is a grape taste but no one else seems to pick it up. Either way, it's not a pleasant grape taste. It tastes like it's been sitting in the can too long.

M: Very light. Very, very, very light. Carbonation is heavy. Foams up in the mouth and leaves a watery, sweet aftertaste.

Overall: I hate to bag on a beer but I've never enjoyed this brew. There are better low-priced beers out there. You are never going to get the true flavor of a plain lager through a light beer but Coors just watered this one down way too much.

1.45/5  rDev -29.3%

Taste the cold, HUH?? Very light, no extremly light yellow color. Smells like nothing, tastes faintly (very faintly) like beer, well if you took a semi-decent macro lager and watered it down. Overall it's easy to drink but i can't score it more than 2 for overall drinkability. Beer is supposed to have some, well substance. Coors light doesn't have any substance to it. Carbonated water with a hint of beer. Zima has more flavor than this (had, don't know if it's still around) But I couldn't give it all ones since something with no flavor is better than something that tastes nasty.

1.45/5  rDev -29.3%

Well, the other night I was drinking with a few of my less-enlightened friend. I had a few bombers of my favorite, Stone IPA, but my brother had foolishly set the refridgerator so low that the beer somewhat froze. As I waited for over an hour for the beer to completely liquify, I grew impatient and asked my buddy Sean for a beer. It was a choice of either Coors Light or Bud Light, and I, of course, took the Coors Light. I opened the can, and the light, airy smell drifted towards my nose. As I detected the scent, I asked myself one question: Why, God, why would anyone brew, much less DRINK, this beer!? I don't quite know what it tasted like, because there was so little to taste. The thing was horribly pale in color, and smelled just how it tasted: with less malt than one would find in chocolate milk shake. Are there even hops in there? I couldn't find 'em. It did manage a mighty 2 in the mouthfeel category, because of its cool smoothness combined with a mild amount of carbonation. The drinkability is non-existent, as the beer made me nauseous. Thankfully, my first bomber of IPA was ready for consumption 15 minutes later, and my palate was saved.

1.45/5  rDev -29.3%

It took less than a minute from an aggressive 90 degree pour into a pub glass for the head to disappear. Foamy, like something that comes out of a Pepsi can.

I could taste notes of rice and corn flakes, the usual things found in the light beer department. Pale yellow in color resembling that of a common human excretory fluid. The after taste isn't too bad considering other light beer alternatives.

It's not too rough going down but if your aim is to get drunk, then this beer has a place in the beer bong. Don't torture yourself by drinking one at a time. How this is the light version of the "Original" is beyond me.

1.45/5  rDev -29.3%

maybe when im in my 50s ill appreciate this beer more. nonetheless this remains old man beer

appears a light golden color

damn near no lacing

taste like watered down beer

even the whole mountains are blue this is kinda sketchy to me. did they design this for people with no feelings in their hands?

1.45/5  rDev -29.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.5

Time for Macro Smackdown IV, or as I'm come to refer to them, MacSmack IV. The BA ratings are the closest yet. Coors Light weighs in at 1.87, while Busch Light is nipping at its heels with 1.85. Let's see which one comes out on top.

Lucent, pale yellow-gold; no surprises there. This one looks a quarter-shade darker than the Busch, but it still fits comfortably in the pale category. The head is dingy, grayish white and is less appealing for that reason alone. The consistency is mealy and soft and the cap falls shockingly quickly to a thin film that is dissipating as I type.

The noses are virtually identical. Of course, a lack of much of an aroma at all makes it hard to sort out what slight differences might exist. 'Not offensive' is the best that I can do as far as good points. Coors Light smells like slightly sweet grain with a not unpleasant, mildly floral hoppiness.

Neither one of these is good beer by any stretch of the imagination. The flavor is of old grain; musty and slightly sour. This is a beer that will probably become frankly undrinkable if I let it warm much further. A minimal sweetness and a near total lack of bitterness greet my every sip. What's left? Old, watery, grain soup. Yuck.

There isn't much to say on the body/mouthfeel front. Both are watery in the extreme and have thankfully short finishes. This beer is marginally less carbonated, both visually and mouthfeel-wise, and feels a little less accomplished as a result.

I have rarely been more ready for a MacSmack to end than I am today. These are two of the worst beers that I've ever had the displeasure to consume. Still though, there are degrees of badness, as the Macro Smackdown series never fails to demonstrate. Coors Light is lousy, plain and simple. The boys from Golden can use whatever flashy marketing slogans they wish, "Silver Bullet", "cold tasting", it's all smoke and mirrors to obscure the fact that this stuff sucks Rocky Mountain oysters.

1.45/5  rDev -29.3%

I know most people drink this because it is cheap but even at that price some beers have at least a little flavor. This beer resembles what I pour down the sink after rinsing my pint glass. Seems like Coors has been doing a lot to improve the cans, here's an idea: Try improving the beer.

1.43/5  rDev -30.2%

Attempting to be gold, but falls short and lands at yellow fizzy with all of the artificial carbonation the white head dissipates very quickly. This is the Silver Bullet, the "good stuff" to most people my age, and the reason why most people my age don't like the taste of beer. Corn and rice sweetness mixed with some off aromas of chemical origin. The flavor is as close to an artificial beer as it can get. They try to produce malt and hops, but this beer is more like a can of soda than a beer. Light body, high capacity, and not enjoyable. Taste the Rockies, well for me never again in this life time.

1.43/5  rDev -30.2%

The Silver Bullet...another macro beer. I don't care for any of the "light" macro beers in particular, so I'll drink them all and talk about it. However, I did get my beer drinking start on this one, so I'm a little partial to it.

A - Almost transparent yellow color, very little head even after an aggressive pour into a mug.

S - Really nothing at all. A little grain and maybe a hint of hop and bread, nothing much.

T - This is why I got my beer start on this. I goes down like water, really doesn't taste like much at all. There is a slight bread note in there, but if this beer is cold at all it just tastes like cold carbonated water.

M - Clean and crisp. Perfect for mowing the yard or working outside in the heat.

O - It's the Silver Bullet. Ditka endorses it, so there's something to it I guess. Like the other mass-markets, good for parties, tailgating, college, or whenever offered for free.

1.43/5  rDev -30.2%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

I think I'd rather not drink beer than to drink Coors Light. Maybe I'm biased because I used to know a bunch of douche bags who swore this was far better than the inferior cheap beers such as keystone and the beast. It's all crap.

1.43/5  rDev -30.2%

A - Typical and standard macro swill. Straw fizzy yellow with little to no head.

S - Has a minor touch of hops and not much else to go with it. Very little in the nose

T - Well, another attempt at being non-offensive has turned this beer to junk. As long as this beer is cold, I mean ice cold, then it's ok. Simply because you can't taste it. If it warms a little, then it tastes like piss water.

M - Overly thin. The easier it is to drink, the more will be bought and the richer these worthless macro companies become.

D - Blech...I'll have water instead.

1.43/5  rDev -30.2%

A- ghostly pale yellow with white suds that go away in a blink of an eye
S- none or maybe stale water
T-very slight taste kind of like well water that leaves a metallic twang on your palate
M-very fizzy almost like drinking pop
D you can chug it you can also chug pond water it would be about the same

1.43/5  rDev -30.2%

Come on. It's called the Silver Bullet. Any beer that has a nick name, ie. Natty Ice, Silver Bullet can't be good. The one redeeming quality that this beer has is that fact that it has alcohol in it. After downing about 3 good beers this beer is tollerable to keep the night going. That's about all it's good for. Oh, and maybe getting back from some sort of physical event like running or biking, it's good to rehydrate with. Very much like water.

1.43/5  rDev -30.2%

Served in mug at Bayshore Chili's on tap.

This was brought out in a frozen mug, extremely pale yellow in color, white head that dissipated rapidly. ( On 2/fer deal,possibly watered down?).

There was absolutely no discernable aroma, taste was negligible and watery; no hops, no malt slightly corn cob! I should have skipped altogether!

1.42/5  rDev -30.7%

12 oz bottle. Pours pale straw with a medium, short-lived white head and lively carbonation.
Aroma is different from water but the body not by much. Taste is also slightly different from water. At least the brew is not disgusting. I can drink it when I am very thirsty.

1.42/5  rDev -30.7%

I guess if you held a gun to my head and made me choose an American Lite, this would be it. I mean if Sam Adams stopped making theirs. I agree that this is a good chick beer.

look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

Appreance: Crystal clear very looks white. Pours to a paper thin bright white head that diminishes to almost nothing very quickly. Very active carbonation. Looks like sparkling white spraking water.

Smell: No smell to this beer

Taste: Feels like 7up with very little beer taste to it . I would not considered this beer.

Mouthful : Toomuch carbonation for my taste.

Overall: This is sparking beer with no beer flavor. Bud Lighvhas more flavor then this beer. I would drank regular water before this beer. It is probably a beer you can drank all day long becuase the low amounts of alcohol in it.

1.41/5  rDev -31.2%

This brew poured a small quickly disappearing head of fine white bubbles. It has a transparent weak urine yellow body. It has little to no aroma. Its flavor that is slightly hoppy with an initially fizzy mouthfeel that soon fades. The best thing about it is that you can get it anywhere.

1.41/5  rDev -31.2%
look: 1.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

Very clear straw color with a poor head. Dull.
Faint aromas of grains and light caramel with floral hops. Slight fruitiness.
Faint but overwhelming taste of corn. Too bitter.
Light body with ok carbonation, drying alcohol aftertaste.
Barely drinkable and stale boring beer with no freshness.

1.4/5  rDev -31.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1

After being given this beer for free at a party, it wasn't worth the cost.

Appearance: Very pale yellow, carbonation bubbles but little or no head. No lacing or retention at all.

Smell: Like stale water, with a slight grain scent.

Taste: Like beer flavored water. Not much going on, slight corn or grain flavor. No hops, no yeast and no spice. Pretty much like you would expect for a very watered down American Lager (and I am using the term American Lager very loosely here).

Mouthfeel: Like carbonated water. Thin, lifeless, weak.

Drinkability: Awful. I'd rather drink water than this beer, and I can usually tolerate bad beers....but this one is just too watered down and tasteless to be worth ever trying again. I wasn't able to finish it.

Serving suggestion: Out of the can, bottle or plastic cup...don't bother dirtying a beer glass for this one. Or better yet...just recycle the can, but leave the beer in it.

1.4/5  rDev -31.7%

Chugged this out of a can on the way to a Jimmy Buffett concert...that's why it got the 2 for drinkability. Otherwise, it's the same as all the light macros. A little sweet, which is alright and gives it a 1.5 for taste instead of a 1. We've all had one, it's OK.

1.4/5  rDev -31.7%

Will try to be objective about this one while refraining from the college frat party references.

A- Pale yellow lager with a wimpy insipid head which hung around for a while.

S - Nothing attractive here - maybe a soapy dishwater aroma.

T - I have had flavored club sodas with more taste than this one. Tastes more like the container than anything else. Maybe a little quinine or a slight grassy vegetal taste.

M - Thin, light bodied and no finish or aftertaste to speak of --which is in this case is not a bad thing.

D - Couldn't get through this one as I poured half of the bottle down the drain. Pass.

A - Slightly dehydrated piss yellow
S - Metallic water
T - Sparkling water with a metallic aftertaste. Tastes very very cheap. Low quality ingredients added sparingly.
M - No body, Heavily carbonated like a soda.
D - Water is fairly easy to get down. At 4.2 percent... I'll take a stone levitation ale please.

1.4/5  rDev -31.7%

yellow!no head!hardly any smell,and tastes like water!cant beleive how popular this beer is,must be all the people who want to drink beer but dont really like the taste of beer.dont think i would drink this unless it was the only thing available,although i bet you could drink a case without catching a buzz!

1.4/5  rDev -31.7%

Pours a super pale yellow, straw yellow, big white head forms but goes quickly, no lace. Smell is sweet, some minor skunk, citrus and corn. Taste is non existent, some corn sweetness, citrus and a little bit of iron. Mouthfeel is light bodied with medium carbonation. Hideous.

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company