Coors Light | Coors Brewing Company

Style: Light Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Ratings: 5,193 |  Reviews: 1,313
1.43/5  rDev -29.6%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

1.43/5  rDev -29.6%

Served in mug at Bayshore Chili's on tap.

This was brought out in a frozen mug, extremely pale yellow in color, white head that dissipated rapidly. ( On 2/fer deal,possibly watered down?).

There was absolutely no discernable aroma, taste was negligible and watery; no hops, no malt slightly corn cob! I should have skipped altogether!

look: 1 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

If you ever get into a situation - a most desperate situation no less - where this is the only beer to be had, start taking that long walk ... on that short pier. It's over.

1.44/5  rDev -29.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

12 onz amber bottle

Appearance is a very pale yellow with a small white head that goes away. There's just nothing in the smell even the smell can be "pale". To much water in this beer ,it cuts the flavor taste like water a lot. I do not recomend this beer to anyone, if you want to have macro lager this is not the one.

1.45/5  rDev -28.6%

Trying to be professional and not point out that this beer is obviously just water with alcohol, corn, and yellow dye. The lowest of the low. Aside from Busch Light, which makes me sick.

The color is piss-yellow with a grainy, dried-beer-in-a-frat-house smell.

Corn, parched white barley, and sewer water. Over-carbonated. Grainy and metallic-tasting.

Smooth consistency, but this reflects only in the mouthfeel. Finish is watery, even for a light lager.

Served from a bottle.

A: I've never consumed this beer from a glass but I've seen it. Very light in color and not much of a foamy head. Plenty of bubbles circulating the glass though. The bottle is dark brown. The color-changing mountains are a neat feature but that's about all this brew has going for it.

S: Not much of an aroma. Maybe a few notes of grain and steel sneak their way into the nostrils.

T: Light taste. I always taste a very mild grape flavor. I've tried to make the case to my friends that there is a grape taste but no one else seems to pick it up. Either way, it's not a pleasant grape taste. It tastes like it's been sitting in the can too long.

M: Very light. Very, very, very light. Carbonation is heavy. Foams up in the mouth and leaves a watery, sweet aftertaste.

Overall: I hate to bag on a beer but I've never enjoyed this brew. There are better low-priced beers out there. You are never going to get the true flavor of a plain lager through a light beer but Coors just watered this one down way too much.

1.45/5  rDev -28.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

One of the worst beers I've ever had. This is basically water.

1.45/5  rDev -28.6%

Taste the cold, HUH?? Very light, no extremly light yellow color. Smells like nothing, tastes faintly (very faintly) like beer, well if you took a semi-decent macro lager and watered it down. Overall it's easy to drink but i can't score it more than 2 for overall drinkability. Beer is supposed to have some, well substance. Coors light doesn't have any substance to it. Carbonated water with a hint of beer. Zima has more flavor than this (had, don't know if it's still around) But I couldn't give it all ones since something with no flavor is better than something that tastes nasty.

1.45/5  rDev -28.6%

Well, the other night I was drinking with a few of my less-enlightened friend. I had a few bombers of my favorite, Stone IPA, but my brother had foolishly set the refridgerator so low that the beer somewhat froze. As I waited for over an hour for the beer to completely liquify, I grew impatient and asked my buddy Sean for a beer. It was a choice of either Coors Light or Bud Light, and I, of course, took the Coors Light. I opened the can, and the light, airy smell drifted towards my nose. As I detected the scent, I asked myself one question: Why, God, why would anyone brew, much less DRINK, this beer!? I don't quite know what it tasted like, because there was so little to taste. The thing was horribly pale in color, and smelled just how it tasted: with less malt than one would find in chocolate milk shake. Are there even hops in there? I couldn't find 'em. It did manage a mighty 2 in the mouthfeel category, because of its cool smoothness combined with a mild amount of carbonation. The drinkability is non-existent, as the beer made me nauseous. Thankfully, my first bomber of IPA was ready for consumption 15 minutes later, and my palate was saved.

1.45/5  rDev -28.6%

It took less than a minute from an aggressive 90 degree pour into a pub glass for the head to disappear. Foamy, like something that comes out of a Pepsi can.

I could taste notes of rice and corn flakes, the usual things found in the light beer department. Pale yellow in color resembling that of a common human excretory fluid. The after taste isn't too bad considering other light beer alternatives.

It's not too rough going down but if your aim is to get drunk, then this beer has a place in the beer bong. Don't torture yourself by drinking one at a time. How this is the light version of the "Original" is beyond me.

1.45/5  rDev -28.6%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

Don't let it get warm

1.45/5  rDev -28.6%

maybe when im in my 50s ill appreciate this beer more. nonetheless this remains old man beer

appears a light golden color

damn near no lacing

taste like watered down beer

even the whole mountains are blue this is kinda sketchy to me. did they design this for people with no feelings in their hands?

1.45/5  rDev -28.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.5

Time for Macro Smackdown IV, or as I'm come to refer to them, MacSmack IV. The BA ratings are the closest yet. Coors Light weighs in at 1.87, while Busch Light is nipping at its heels with 1.85. Let's see which one comes out on top.

Lucent, pale yellow-gold; no surprises there. This one looks a quarter-shade darker than the Busch, but it still fits comfortably in the pale category. The head is dingy, grayish white and is less appealing for that reason alone. The consistency is mealy and soft and the cap falls shockingly quickly to a thin film that is dissipating as I type.

The noses are virtually identical. Of course, a lack of much of an aroma at all makes it hard to sort out what slight differences might exist. 'Not offensive' is the best that I can do as far as good points. Coors Light smells like slightly sweet grain with a not unpleasant, mildly floral hoppiness.

Neither one of these is good beer by any stretch of the imagination. The flavor is of old grain; musty and slightly sour. This is a beer that will probably become frankly undrinkable if I let it warm much further. A minimal sweetness and a near total lack of bitterness greet my every sip. What's left? Old, watery, grain soup. Yuck.

There isn't much to say on the body/mouthfeel front. Both are watery in the extreme and have thankfully short finishes. This beer is marginally less carbonated, both visually and mouthfeel-wise, and feels a little less accomplished as a result.

I have rarely been more ready for a MacSmack to end than I am today. These are two of the worst beers that I've ever had the displeasure to consume. Still though, there are degrees of badness, as the Macro Smackdown series never fails to demonstrate. Coors Light is lousy, plain and simple. The boys from Golden can use whatever flashy marketing slogans they wish, "Silver Bullet", "cold tasting", it's all smoke and mirrors to obscure the fact that this stuff sucks Rocky Mountain oysters.

1.45/5  rDev -28.6%

I know most people drink this because it is cheap but even at that price some beers have at least a little flavor. This beer resembles what I pour down the sink after rinsing my pint glass. Seems like Coors has been doing a lot to improve the cans, here's an idea: Try improving the beer.

look: 1 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 1.5

1.46/5  rDev -28.1%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

1.46/5  rDev -28.1%

I think this the closest thing to water you can buy. I'd only pick this if it was a choice between it and Kokanee.

look: 1 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Ahh. The legendary Silver Bullet. There are so many nasty things I could say but I don't want to be crude (at least not right now!). This is not a beer. It is so bad that if the drafters of the Rheinheitsgebot had nuclear capability, Golden Colorado would be one huge radioactive crater. Weak, adjuncty, apple-juicy tasting underhopped, and generally insipid. As a "water beverage" it is very nice: it actually kinda tastes a bit like beer.

1.47/5  rDev -27.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Never would buy for myself but I suppose it is fine if you get it for free at a party or with friends. Very bright yellow and clear colour to the body, barely any flavors save for the metal from the can with a light aftertaste of bread, very very weak hops and yeast. MUST be served ice cold to mask the taste or I could never stomach the stuff.

look: 1 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

"The Silver Bullet"..what a great marketing concept..it sounds so cool, too bad it's attached to this swill of swills. Honestly, I've never liked this beer. Even when I was chugging Beast and Busch and thought Killian's was a premium beer in college. Strangely, every girl I've ever dated made it their favorite beer, but maybe that says more about them..or me..
I see light yellow with no head at all. Light, grainy smell. A narrow taste, almost sour, that would make me nauseous if it wasn't so weak. Feels almost like a soda in your mouth instead of beer..lots of carbonation and an almost sugary texture.
I would honestly rather drink a Korean beer than this. If I were the Rocky Mountains, I'd sue the pants off Pete Coors for libel.

1.47/5  rDev -27.6%

A. Pale yellow with a very thin white head that vaporizes almost instantly.

S. No real smell.

T. Not much beer taste. Metallic and harsh.

M. Watery with a good deal of carbonation.

D. Hard to drink. Not recommended.

My mom told me that when this beer wasn't available everywhere, they would have people bring it back from vacations in Colorado. Why?

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company