Coors Light | Coors Brewing Company

Style: Light Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Ratings: 5,103 |  Reviews: 1,286
1.45/5  rDev -29.3%

It took less than a minute from an aggressive 90 degree pour into a pub glass for the head to disappear. Foamy, like something that comes out of a Pepsi can.

I could taste notes of rice and corn flakes, the usual things found in the light beer department. Pale yellow in color resembling that of a common human excretory fluid. The after taste isn't too bad considering other light beer alternatives.

It's not too rough going down but if your aim is to get drunk, then this beer has a place in the beer bong. Don't torture yourself by drinking one at a time. How this is the light version of the "Original" is beyond me.

1.45/5  rDev -29.3%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

Don't let it get warm

1.45/5  rDev -29.3%

maybe when im in my 50s ill appreciate this beer more. nonetheless this remains old man beer

appears a light golden color

damn near no lacing

taste like watered down beer

even the whole mountains are blue this is kinda sketchy to me. did they design this for people with no feelings in their hands?

1.45/5  rDev -29.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.5

Time for Macro Smackdown IV, or as I'm come to refer to them, MacSmack IV. The BA ratings are the closest yet. Coors Light weighs in at 1.87, while Busch Light is nipping at its heels with 1.85. Let's see which one comes out on top.

Lucent, pale yellow-gold; no surprises there. This one looks a quarter-shade darker than the Busch, but it still fits comfortably in the pale category. The head is dingy, grayish white and is less appealing for that reason alone. The consistency is mealy and soft and the cap falls shockingly quickly to a thin film that is dissipating as I type.

The noses are virtually identical. Of course, a lack of much of an aroma at all makes it hard to sort out what slight differences might exist. 'Not offensive' is the best that I can do as far as good points. Coors Light smells like slightly sweet grain with a not unpleasant, mildly floral hoppiness.

Neither one of these is good beer by any stretch of the imagination. The flavor is of old grain; musty and slightly sour. This is a beer that will probably become frankly undrinkable if I let it warm much further. A minimal sweetness and a near total lack of bitterness greet my every sip. What's left? Old, watery, grain soup. Yuck.

There isn't much to say on the body/mouthfeel front. Both are watery in the extreme and have thankfully short finishes. This beer is marginally less carbonated, both visually and mouthfeel-wise, and feels a little less accomplished as a result.

I have rarely been more ready for a MacSmack to end than I am today. These are two of the worst beers that I've ever had the displeasure to consume. Still though, there are degrees of badness, as the Macro Smackdown series never fails to demonstrate. Coors Light is lousy, plain and simple. The boys from Golden can use whatever flashy marketing slogans they wish, "Silver Bullet", "cold tasting", it's all smoke and mirrors to obscure the fact that this stuff sucks Rocky Mountain oysters.

1.45/5  rDev -29.3%

I know most people drink this because it is cheap but even at that price some beers have at least a little flavor. This beer resembles what I pour down the sink after rinsing my pint glass. Seems like Coors has been doing a lot to improve the cans, here's an idea: Try improving the beer.

1.46/5  rDev -28.8%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

1.46/5  rDev -28.8%

I think this the closest thing to water you can buy. I'd only pick this if it was a choice between it and Kokanee.

look: 1 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Ahh. The legendary Silver Bullet. There are so many nasty things I could say but I don't want to be crude (at least not right now!). This is not a beer. It is so bad that if the drafters of the Rheinheitsgebot had nuclear capability, Golden Colorado would be one huge radioactive crater. Weak, adjuncty, apple-juicy tasting underhopped, and generally insipid. As a "water beverage" it is very nice: it actually kinda tastes a bit like beer.

1.47/5  rDev -28.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Never would buy for myself but I suppose it is fine if you get it for free at a party or with friends. Very bright yellow and clear colour to the body, barely any flavors save for the metal from the can with a light aftertaste of bread, very very weak hops and yeast. MUST be served ice cold to mask the taste or I could never stomach the stuff.

look: 1 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

"The Silver Bullet"..what a great marketing concept..it sounds so cool, too bad it's attached to this swill of swills. Honestly, I've never liked this beer. Even when I was chugging Beast and Busch and thought Killian's was a premium beer in college. Strangely, every girl I've ever dated made it their favorite beer, but maybe that says more about them..or me..
I see light yellow with no head at all. Light, grainy smell. A narrow taste, almost sour, that would make me nauseous if it wasn't so weak. Feels almost like a soda in your mouth instead of beer..lots of carbonation and an almost sugary texture.
I would honestly rather drink a Korean beer than this. If I were the Rocky Mountains, I'd sue the pants off Pete Coors for libel.

1.47/5  rDev -28.3%

A. Pale yellow with a very thin white head that vaporizes almost instantly.

S. No real smell.

T. Not much beer taste. Metallic and harsh.

M. Watery with a good deal of carbonation.

D. Hard to drink. Not recommended.

My mom told me that when this beer wasn't available everywhere, they would have people bring it back from vacations in Colorado. Why?

look: 2 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

It's better than nothing...right?

look: 1 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

The mountain had turned blue on the label of my bottle, ensuring me that its contents will be perfectly cold-tasting. Good times...

Appearance: This one pours an embarassingly light straw with a wispy white head.

Smell: There is a tiny bit of grains and even less hops in the nose.

Taste: Not much going on in the flavor profile. The aromas translate to slightly stronger flavors and some sweet corn adjuncts join the mix.

Mouthfeel: I use the term aqueous in my reviews to describe some really thin beers, but this one is plain old watery.

Drinkability: Why can't people spare my palate by purchasing High Life or PBR instead of crap like this?

look: 1 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Was served in a can.. Had one for free at an at work happy hour:

A- See through yellow, with no head to speak of

S- Smells skunked. Malty/light beer smell

T- Doesn't have much taste to speak of. The taste it does have is super muted, and has a skunked beer taste to it.

M- Watery to the core. Hard to swallow

O- Absolutely one of the worst beers out there

1.47/5  rDev -28.3%

First of all this stuff has no character, but for one reason or another my friends still drink it. The color is pale yellow. NO and I do mean no carbonation, might as well be drinking water. The flavor is about the same, stagnant pond water. There is little aroma, and no head. Why bother, the label is even ugly!

1.48/5  rDev -27.8%

The fact that when people think of beer they think of this or Bud Light just shows how much more of the market the craft beer industry has left.

1.48/5  rDev -27.8%

Buddy decided to buy the beer for the cookout tonight :(

A: Almost clear. Like seltzer water with yellow food coloring. Oh wait only half of a drop though. Decent puffy head though.

S: Served cold so no real smell. Maybe some bread/bakery characteristics.

T: Carbonated water that was filtered through a loaf of bread. Lacking in everything but, being cold, drinkability.

Not one of the best or even the decent. I advise staying away from Macro "Light" beers all together because of their lack of flavor and pizzaz but if you have to there are better choices.

look: 1 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.75

1.48/5  rDev -27.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

I mean it's Coors light...lol

look: 1 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

This is a piss pour excuse for a beer. It's like a beer impostor. It pours like urine, tastes like the ghost of a hop, and is about as interesting as watching paint dry. Just don't.

1.48/5  rDev -27.8%

This hyper-marketed beer poured a light, pale amber color with a small head. I blinked, and it disappeared. No lacing, and nothing remotely close to mentionable in the appearance. There was very little smell, just faint, stale whisps of malt and corn. The taste was grainy, somewhat sweer with light-corn features. Barely palatable. The seltzer-water mouthfeel was uminmpressive, although I suppose it felt interesting when I vigorously swished it in my mouth. Hey, I needed some entertainment while drinking this one. Overall, Coors Light is one of the worst beers I've had. It delivers a bit of alcohol quickly, and goes down painlessly, but these are its only qualities.

1.48/5  rDev -27.8%

Look: Very light gold color almost as clear as water, white head that disappears quickly

Smell: Some fruity Apple smells, little bit of corn and grain, but not much

Taste: light fruit flavors, a little grain, but very little flavor

Feel: Super light body, very crisp

1.48/5  rDev -27.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

1.48/5  rDev -27.8%

Poured one of my old man's brews into a pint glass. And yes, the Mountains were blue.

Appearance- Really not much to this bad boy. A teeny-tiny white head that almost instantly turns into a ring. It has the amount of head that your typical pepsi would have, and that is kind of generous. The body is straw yellow.

Smell- Not much to it at all really, I can just feel the carbonation bubbling under my nose. What does old water smell like? It smells like that.

Taste- It's positively tasteless. It's watery and bubbly but doesn't have much there. Is fizz a taste?

Mouthfeel- More thin fizzy watery-ness. Pretty unfulfilling.

Drinkability- If you like fizzy yellow water than it could be drank all day. I probably wouldn't order this even if I was out and this was all they had on tap. More marketing, less taste. Thats the Coors Light way.

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company