Coors Light | Coors Brewing Company

Style: Light Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Reviews: 1,264 | Ratings: 4,986
2.76/5  rDev +34.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 2.75

A: Fine looking beer. Not enough head.

S: Not much hops.

T: Not much taste. It's a beer for the masses. Church masses. Gawd bless 'merica.

M: Nice effervescence.

O: Safe, bland, flavorless, gassy, nice colour, easy to drink, yawn.

Hey Val, your life is kinda lame.

2.76/5  rDev +34.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Smells like sweet corn and malt. My father-in-law will only drink Coors Light, so I end up buying 30 packs. I prefer Miller Lite over this for taste, but Coors has more carbonation that's refreshing on a hot day.

2.77/5  rDev +35.1%

Coors Light

poured into a pint glass

clear and yellow, the thin white head disappears rapidly. smells of grain and corn husk. watery sweetness. tastes of watery grains, corn, a slight metallic adjunct taste.

not enticing by any means, but not offensive like some macros. Coors Light rises slightly above its gas station counterparts in this respect. mouth is watery, light, with a short adjunct-metal-corn finish.

overall, it's not bad for what it is: Coors Light seems to be better than most light macros, beating BL and Miller Light by a long shot. next time i have this though, i think i'll have it in the bottle so as to shield my senses.

2.77/5  rDev +35.1%

Poured a very pale yellow with a thin white head that dissipated quickly. No lacing. The aroma was a slight hint of cereal grains. Taste was cereal grains and a slight hint of hops, but overall not much flavor. It did have a refreshing taste to it, like water on a hot day. Mouthfeel was watery. I could sit and drink these all day, especially when it is hot. But it goes for a quick buzz, not much else.

2.78/5  rDev +35.6%

Poured from a 12 oz. can. Has a pale straw color with a 1/2 inch head and virtually no carbonation. Smell is of mild corn and malts. Taste is, well, there is none. I guess like beer flavored water. Feels watery in the mouth. O.K. I have to give it to them on drinkability. Great for chugging or drinking games, otherwise avoid.

2.78/5  rDev +35.6%

With the harrowing Bud Chelada experience still fresh in my mind (I hadn't had a beer since) and my body ready for sleep, I stumbled upon a bar with a soothing outdoor patio, and decided to sit and rest for a spell. This beer seemed like the best option on tap, and figuring it had to be better than the Chelada, I ordered a pint. Light yellow in color, fizzy, with a sparkling white head. I took the beer outside, sat down and drank deeply, tasting glorious nothingness...no tomato, no pickle, no coors. Just refreshing sparkling nothingness. The beer recalibrate my palate, enabling me to resume drinking in earnest the following day. Thank you, Coors.

2.78/5  rDev +35.6%

Decent smell for this style of beer. Appearance is fairly weak. Mouthfeel is average for the style. Taste however is sub par; the head is a kind of flavorless foam if you will. Of the premium branded light beers, this is probably on the low end of the scale. I would recommend going with Miller Lite instead if your choices are limited.

2.78/5  rDev +35.6%

The appearance is a light yellow. The aroma was light and smelled faintly of the malted grain. The taste was crisp and moderately carbonated with a light body and light bitterness. The mouthfeel was average and crisp. I felt that the drinkability was pretty good for this beer as it was refreshing and could easilly be followed with another round. Although I'm not one for light macro lagers, I felt that this beer was pretty good for it's style and can probably compete with beers that have a bit more body. In short, this beer doesn't have alot of taste, but makes an excellent refreshing light beer for a BBQ or a hot day.

2.79/5  rDev +36.1%

Pours a light golden color with very little head. Very carbonated and actually a little bit of lacing. Has that faint beer smell. Initial taste is typical of most macro-brews, very watered down and a hint of beer taste. Aftertaste is surprisingly sweet and crisp. This is my favorite of the macro-brews because it has descent flavor. I keep this in the garage fridge for when I'm mowing the yard and just need something to cool me off and don't want the full weight of a REAL beer.

2.8/5  rDev +36.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3

Coors Brewing Company - Coors Light. 4.2% ABV. Tall 20oz glass ordered at a restaurant

Look: Body is a pale straw gold color, with visible carbonation present. Arrived with a small ring of white lacing.

Smell: Typical grain with corn sweetness. Not a whole lot.

Feel: Light bodied with loads of carbonation. Easy, smooth drinkability.

Taste: Just like the smell, grain and corn sweetness watered down.

Overall: Nothing special at all, just a light lager, although not as bad as some other light beers of the same style. The best way I can describe this is corn soda.

Serving Type: Bottle at the beach

Appearance: Transparent Yellow/Goldish...taken straight from the bottle most of the time

Smell: Smells like my frat house

Taste: I don't know...

Mouthfeel: Like seltzer water, but not as bad as some of the macro's

Drinkability: Sure, I could drink this all day long, especially on a hot summer day at the beach - but would I enjoy it? Probably not.

2.8/5  rDev +36.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 5 | overall: 2.75

A: Drank from a can but I've seen it before. Nothing special.

S: Metallic corn water.

T: Cold crisp corn without much hoppiness.

M: Very crisp and no sticking to the tongue. Perfect for a hot day.

O: You get what you pay for. Cheap, easy drinking, refreshing beer water. If that's what you went in expecting then you'll be happy like me:) The new double vented can does allow for easier chugging!

Serving type: can

2.8/5  rDev +36.6%

As far as light American macrobrew beers go, I would rate this near the top. I am comparing it to Bud Light or Miller Light. This beer pours the same light yellow color with no head and has the same grain scent. The taste is slightly bolder, and more refreshing in my opinion. Leave a better aftertaste.

2.8/5  rDev +36.6%

Bought it in a bottle and poured it into a pint glass. Old faithful is what a lot call it. Its my safety beer everyone drinks it nobody hates it except the NRA haha. It pours a very light yellow color. It smells alcoholic. Its the average persons beer. It goes down really smooth and is very drinkable. It leaves the palate of a person who has drank "craft" beers looking for more but is very refreshing after cutting the grass/ while cutting the grass. Easiest beer to drink.

2.8/5  rDev +36.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 4

I should preface this review with the disclaimer that this is my first review of a beer and this beer retains an admittedly undeserved place in my pantheon of beers.

That being done. I will claim that this beer excels at what it attempts. This beer is a mass produced beer intended to invoke the common perception of beers. That is to say, it relies on the societal conception of beer to derive its value. Nothing particular about this beer invokes praise or devotion.

For color, it is what I always imagined washed-out gold to look like. The head quickly dissipated but it has continued effervescing. The taste is generically satisfying, but otherwise unremarkable. Nothing but the aftertaste alerts the drinker that this is actually a beer.

According to it traits, this beer is barely medicore. However, as previously mentioned this beer holds a special position in my beer selection. The reason for this is probably entirely intentional on Coors' part. It is entirely a reproduction of my first taste of beer. The first sip of this beer always summons the recollection of my first taste of beer. The soft introduction with the slightly bitter aftertaste is reminescent of mostly fond memories. As a beer intending not to impress me, but only to remind me, this beer excels. This beer invokes images of my past and I am reticent to reject those memories. Therefore when asked what generic American beer I would prefer, I will always choose Coors. Perhaps not because of its inherent qualities but because of its ability to connect with long cherished memories.

2.81/5  rDev +37.1%

This is a rather bland beer that i am having a hard time reviewing. I think that this should suffice...
Sweet floral and grainy aromas. Vibrant and very clean with a hint of dry, pale malt and a brisk and refreshing finish where a hint of hop bitters and dry, grainy character emerge. However taste is rather bland and lingures in my mouth all night making me burp on end.

2.81/5  rDev +37.1%

I have a 355ml bottle in Australia it is coors only no (coors light). pours a clear pale golden with a medium white head. Sweet malt aroma with corn and malt. Taste similar to aroma, sweet and watery light bitterness on the finish. I’ll take it over bud light that’s forsure.

2.82/5  rDev +37.6%

Pours a light yellow with no head or lacing.

Very very light mouthfeel and taste, a bit of a metallic banana flavor with medium to high carbonation. A dry beer with not much to hate about it as there is so little flavor.

Very drinkable if you are thirsty for a water type beverage.

Not the worst light beer as it could be very refreshing on a hot day. This would be the beer I think non beer drinkers should like this as opposed to bud light as this has litte to no off flavor.

2.82/5  rDev +37.6%

Its one of the beer that is really refreshing. Most of the people tells me that it taste like water I found it that they are really severe about it.

The smell of it is not really powerful, it's really limited, you can smell a bit of corny but nothing much.
If u look for a beer that have a good texture.

Now the taste. For my part I think it's ok. Fore sure it's not the most tasty beer on the market but for a light beer, it does do a pretty decent.

So overall would I recommend it ? Yes ! If u are at the swimming pool and u need a refreshing beer give a try to the coors light. Definitely one of my beer that I drink during summer.

2.82/5  rDev +37.6%

I could drink this all night. It tastes okay, it doesn't look good but the taste is okay. It is better than some light beers I have had. This is my second favorite light beer next to Sam Adams Light. It wasn't that watery. There may have been too much carbonation. A decent beer by Coors, I liked their Irish Red Better.

2.82/5  rDev +37.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

While definitely not the best beer in the world. This beer is great for really throwing back. People that hate on this beer should realize that while its not great it is much better than attempting to throw back any craft brew. Really a bang for your buck, and a staple at college parties.

2.82/5  rDev +37.6%

A: Pale yellow body. Tiny white head that fell to almost nothing.

S: Light aroma - too light to identify anything worth noting.

T: Didn't taste like much either. As close to water as it is to beer IMO, but with no taste, there's nothing to complain about.

M: Very light body w/ ample carbonation.

D: Goes down incredibly easy, but that's because there's nothing to it.

Facing a fridge of macros from around the world, I committed myself to facing off the big 3 American light macros. Only two beers in, I'm struggling to tell them apart.

2.83/5  rDev +38%

This is, in my opinion, the best of the "Big Three" light beers. Even though that's not saying much on a site like this, I must say that this beer has given me plenty of enjoyment duing my college years. It does exactly what it's supposed to - get you drunk in a short amount of time. That's not an easy thing to accomplish.

If you absolutely have to get a Light Macro beer, make it this one.

2.83/5  rDev +38%

275 mL brown bottle poured into a pint glass (as I don't have any lager glassware).

A: Clear, faint yellow, bubbly beer sits underneath a foamy, off-white head. Better appearance than I expected.

S: Grains and adjuncts, more or less a typical adunct lager smell.

T: While there is nothing interesting here, I must admit I didn't hate it as much as I expected to. Not bad with a venison burger.

M: Light and moderately refreshing--very carbonated.

D: Not nearly as horrible as I expected. Pleasantly surprised (and moderately confused, hehe).

2.84/5  rDev +38.5%

This beer is good when you can't afford the good stuff. $5 for a 3 pack of tall cans, HELL YA! This beer is not for sipping and enjoying like craft beers, its for huge gatherings and when money is tight and you need a quick beer fix. Not bad for piss beer!

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company