Coors Light | Coors Brewing Company

Style: Light Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Ratings: 5,123 |  Reviews: 1,293
1.48/5  rDev -27.8%

This hyper-marketed beer poured a light, pale amber color with a small head. I blinked, and it disappeared. No lacing, and nothing remotely close to mentionable in the appearance. There was very little smell, just faint, stale whisps of malt and corn. The taste was grainy, somewhat sweer with light-corn features. Barely palatable. The seltzer-water mouthfeel was uminmpressive, although I suppose it felt interesting when I vigorously swished it in my mouth. Hey, I needed some entertainment while drinking this one. Overall, Coors Light is one of the worst beers I've had. It delivers a bit of alcohol quickly, and goes down painlessly, but these are its only qualities.

1.48/5  rDev -27.8%

Look: Very light gold color almost as clear as water, white head that disappears quickly

Smell: Some fruity Apple smells, little bit of corn and grain, but not much

Taste: light fruit flavors, a little grain, but very little flavor

Feel: Super light body, very crisp

1.48/5  rDev -27.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

1.48/5  rDev -27.8%

Poured one of my old man's brews into a pint glass. And yes, the Mountains were blue.

Appearance- Really not much to this bad boy. A teeny-tiny white head that almost instantly turns into a ring. It has the amount of head that your typical pepsi would have, and that is kind of generous. The body is straw yellow.

Smell- Not much to it at all really, I can just feel the carbonation bubbling under my nose. What does old water smell like? It smells like that.

Taste- It's positively tasteless. It's watery and bubbly but doesn't have much there. Is fizz a taste?

Mouthfeel- More thin fizzy watery-ness. Pretty unfulfilling.

Drinkability- If you like fizzy yellow water than it could be drank all day. I probably wouldn't order this even if I was out and this was all they had on tap. More marketing, less taste. Thats the Coors Light way.

1.48/5  rDev -27.8%

Have had a few Coors Light sitting in a drawer in my fridge for probably 6 months now.

A: Poured a huge, fizzy, white head with little to no retention. I'd make a visual comparison to urine but that would be too obvious, so I'll say that it looks like brewed white tea.

S: Smells of rice, alcohol, and maybe a bit of malts?

T: It is unpleasant as it hits my lips. Non-existent hops with some malts, a bit sweet. Surprising that you can taste the alcohol.

M: The head was highly carbonated, but the mouthfeel is almost entirely flat and watery: zero aftertaste.

D: Got through about half of this before chugging the rest to move on to a better brew. Undoubtedly useful for beer pong but regrettable as a staple of American drinking culture.

How are you supposed to respect a beer like this if the company that produces it respects neither the beer or the consumer? Drink this for what it is.

1.48/5  rDev -27.8%

It's 1am, Monday night in New Jersey. Watched the Lakers lose game four so I decided that now was a spectacular time to reaffirm my absolute hate of the Nuggets by tasting their pride and joy: the Rockies.

As a young man, I spent nearly every Spring Break vacation skiing in Colorado with my father and brothers. Back then, the Rockies tasted delicious. Everything about them blew my mind. Still, today, driving home through Colorado is one of the most incredible voyages imaginable.

My can was blue so apparently we're on point here: cold as the Rockies. Maybe if I get lucky my tongue will get frost bite then I won't have to worry about actually tasting this one. Alas, no such luck.

The pour is a light fizzy yellow, of course. No head. No lacing. No retention, of course. Smells faintly of grains and ... you know what, scratch that. This beer smells and tastes like defeat. It smells like waking up in your boxers laying on your campuses sunken gardens next to a pool of your own vomit.

It tastes worse.

I'm venting here (you know...the wide mouth can, right?) Coors light, I blame you for the past 4 times I've blacked out. (I've blacked out 4 times) I blame you for everything that's went wrong thus far with my college career. I'd say I appreciate all of the good times but you don't really have much to do with those- those involve a lot of Stone brews and maybe, maybe just a bottle or two of Makers Mark.

I'm making a vow- next year, the keggerator in my house will never EVER hold a keg of coors. You are henceforth banished from the land.

1.48/5  rDev -27.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

1.48/5  rDev -27.8%

As I'm sitting in my shitty office working at 8:30 pm on a beautiful sunny august evening, I found this gem in the lunch room fridge. I figure why not review such a delicacy in an angry state of mind? Aroma is of rancid grain and sweet skunk. Appearance- straight from the bottle which is apparently at the perfect temperature as the mountains have turned blue on the label. Taste- watery, minimal taste of vegetable soup and icing sugar. tickles the back of the throat on the way down. Truly as inoffensive as it gets. If I had just finished mowing lawn, likely would have scored better than me drinking after sitting at a desk.

1.48/5  rDev -27.8%

Not sure who this review is going to appeal to. I don't know many beer drinkers that haven't had a Coors Light at some point in their life. Extremely generic. Little to no flavor, very watery. Foamy when poured, but almost scentless, airy foam. Serves the purpose of high volume drinking, useful at least for playing games or long days involving heavy consumption, but otherwise purposeless beer. No idea why anyone would pay for this for any reason other than to drink without feeling too full.

1.48/5  rDev -27.8%

Yet another beer I tried at a party, only because it was available and I was curious to find out if it was worth my time. Appearance is typical and not impressive. Aroma is weak and wan. Taste seems rather watered down; I didn't feel as if I was drinking beer. Maybe I've been spoiled by craft brews and imports.

1.49/5  rDev -27.3%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

1.49/5  rDev -27.3%

1.5/5  rDev -26.8%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

1.5/5  rDev -26.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

Sadly, this is probably one of the four beers (along with Matt's Premium, Koch's Golden Annies, and Labatt's Blue) that I've consumed the most of in my life. Happily, 95% of the Coors Light I HAVE consumed was free, courtesy of my buddy with the stock car - a sponsor gave him 2 free cases a race. Based on that, I can say with authority that it's good for nothing.

I have no idea what it looks like in a glass, as I drink this baby straight from the can. Typical macrobrew "prickly" mouthfeel. The flavor is sort of beer like, but there's an undeniable "not malt" sweet flavor - corn? rice? hay? Duz? Lifebuoy? - that just screams "adjuncts!" They used hops in this beer? Can't find them. Quenches the thirst, and that's about it.

You can pound 'em all night long and still think you can drive, until the pre-hangover kicks in and causes oncoming headlights to feel like high intensity laser beams - just a prelude to how your head will feel in the morning if you choose to drink enough of it to finally achieve a solid buzz. But then, why else would you drink it?

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Poured into a pint glass from a can.

Appearance: Almost clear with a yellow tint. Thick white head that disappeared quickly.

Smell: Sweet corn and malts.

Mouthfeel/Taste: Light bodied and smooth. Almost no taste other than sugar and alcohol.

Overall: It was what I expected...a blan light beer with no charcter.

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Clear looking, almost water with a little yellow beer in it. Aroma was metallic at best.

More sweet and metal taste. Lots of carbonation, no hops, malt or yeast feel, just lots of water. And guys brag about drinking 12 waters why? Doesn't really contain any "bad" flavor, just no flavor that would make you think it was a beer if you had your eyes closed. Some hybrid of Sprite and watered down beer.

Tap into the . . . something else.

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company