Coors Light | Coors Brewing Company

coors.com

Style: Light Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Reviews: 1,276 | Ratings: 5,048

Blah. Watery and bland are two words that comes to mind after drinking one of these. I'm not sure what this was supposed to taste like, I guess I missed out on the Rocky Mountatin Flavor. Worse than Bud and Miller. This got pretty nasty towards the bottom of the glass. I'd take water over this.

2.17/5  rDev +5.9%

Just as most american macro brews go, this beer is quite mediocre in all ways. Simple, virtually tasteless brew, watery and weak, this beer pours ugly, tastes weak, but has a few redeeming qualities I suppose. When drinking with the guys, it's tolerable and good to get drunk on, as I rated, has a good drinkability if you plan on drinking in high quantities, and if served very cold, it finishes crisp. Overall a good tailgating beer, but shouldn't be viewed highly in any other aspect.

2.73/5  rDev +33.2%

An average American macro lager that I drank recently for free at a friend's house. I have never paid for this beer and would never pay for this beer. This beer is the typical pale yellow color you'd expect for this type of beer. Smell is of ??? No real identifiable smell. There was a slight smell of something but I am not quite sure what it was. Very, very little head. This didn't taste as bad as I thought it would. I think it actually tasted a little better this time than in past times that I had it. Taste is just slightly sweet, and tastes of some corn with a faint trace of hops. It has a clear, clean mouthfeel with moderate carbonation. Although at the time it was somewhat refreshing, this beer certainly does not impress me at all. I would only drink it again for free, and only if there was nothing else better available at the time. That being said, for whatever reason, this beer certainly is better than Bud Light or Miller Lite.

Eric

2.6/5  rDev +26.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

Appearance is pale and straw yellow. Little or no head and it leaves no lace inside the glass. Looks like carbonated water with a bit of food coloring.

Smell is of stainless steel, water, rice and alcohol.

Taste is shallow and watery. Lots of filler (corn and rice?) Not much to speak of, besides a residual sweetness. Bland.

Drinkability—easy enough. You could drink a lot of this beer and think little of it.

Mouthfeel is mostly that of carbonation—quickly numbs the palette. It is crispy and clear though—ok on a hot afternoon.

I wouldn't pay much to drink this beer, but there is always someone offering this beer at social gatherings, so long as it is cold—I guess you could do worse. Lesson here for me is, don't disparage free beer.

2.8/5  rDev +36.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 4

I should preface this review with the disclaimer that this is my first review of a beer and this beer retains an admittedly undeserved place in my pantheon of beers.

That being done. I will claim that this beer excels at what it attempts. This beer is a mass produced beer intended to invoke the common perception of beers. That is to say, it relies on the societal conception of beer to derive its value. Nothing particular about this beer invokes praise or devotion.

For color, it is what I always imagined washed-out gold to look like. The head quickly dissipated but it has continued effervescing. The taste is generically satisfying, but otherwise unremarkable. Nothing but the aftertaste alerts the drinker that this is actually a beer.

According to it traits, this beer is barely medicore. However, as previously mentioned this beer holds a special position in my beer selection. The reason for this is probably entirely intentional on Coors' part. It is entirely a reproduction of my first taste of beer. The first sip of this beer always summons the recollection of my first taste of beer. The soft introduction with the slightly bitter aftertaste is reminescent of mostly fond memories. As a beer intending not to impress me, but only to remind me, this beer excels. This beer invokes images of my past and I am reticent to reject those memories. Therefore when asked what generic American beer I would prefer, I will always choose Coors. Perhaps not because of its inherent qualities but because of its ability to connect with long cherished memories.

3.41/5  rDev +66.3%

Good olde silver bullet! Now when I come to think of it im not the biggest light beer fan but I can always go back for this great brew.

One of the best brews to abuse when I was younger. Has the standerd color but the smell was something differnt , of corse in cans/bottle's always good; but when I had this on tap had a differnt taste(more abv and pine/gin smell) same for taste smooth and refreshing.

Of corse this is by far the very BEST cheapest/light/american/bar beer out the, and I still to this day buy 18 packs.... (when Im poor)

But yes great beer , always a good one!

2.07/5  rDev +1%
look: 1 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 4.5

Appearance, bright yellow. Just that is an indicator to not drink this. Smell is non existant with the exception of maybe a hint of sweetness.

Taste, carbonated water. There is no hint of anything to prove this is beer. Mouthfull is the same.

Drinkability, thumbs up. I can chug down water when I'm thirsty, I can chug down can after can of this. Imagine living like you had no tastebuds, you can eat or drink anything. But, you would sadly miss out on some good experiances.

The beer is water, it's huge advertising industry does not change that.

Ah... the silver bullet.

Apperence...usually about 1:30 am when I am just trying to keep a buzz.

Smell and Taste can be combined. Little if any

Mouthfeel...like a soda

Drinkability...easy, it is flavorless. Until it gets warm.

This is my beer of choice when the end is drawing near on an evening if I am trying to maintain any decorum whatsoever. As long as it is cold, it is thoroughly boring, by thoroughly drinkable. If it warms up though... my god, don't let it warm up.

1.55/5  rDev -24.4%

On tap at Applebee's in Cleveland Circle numerous times for $2. Served with 1/2 price appetizers after 9 (I am a poor student).

This is, IMOH, the worst light BMC light beer. It lacks the taste of Miller and the crispness of Bud. In other words, there is absolutely nothing enjoyable about this beer. It pours straw yellow with a slight head that has dissipated by the time it has reached my table. There is nothing to the taste; it tastes like: bad beer. It is also a very thin body. I suppose that it is possible to drink this beer all night, but only if you desperately want a buzz or are a masochist.

1.13/5  rDev -44.9%

Worst beer I've ever had. It saddens me when a friend will come over and bring a case of beer or a six-pack and proudly busts out the Coors Light. I'd be happier if they'd brought bottled water.

The look is so pale. The flavor is just plain non-existent. The feel was...slight fizz I guess. I suppose some find it drinkable because it's so flavorless and that's the very same reason I can't drink this stuff. The line needs to be drawn somewhere...and Coors Light doesn't even come close to that line.

2.47/5  rDev +20.5%

I have consistently described Coors Light as having a 'syrup'-iness to it, and I have never been able to avoid that description. My throat feels phlegmy after I drink Coors Light, like I need to clear my throat, and I can't stand it.

Realistically, this beer is popular with a lot of girls, and is a good value for games of beer pong or flip cup. I don't mind spilling it all over a table, a floor or myself, and I definitely don't mind letting anyone who wants one to grab a can.

In the case of regular beer selections at the grocery store, Coors Light ranks higher than most (Bud Light, Keystone, Busch), but only someone who doesn't drink enough beer could call it their favorite beer.

1.35/5  rDev -34.1%

Coor's Light tastes like water to me. I know it's light beer, but it should have at least some flavor. If you like watery beers that go down easy, this beer is for you. If you like to play drinking games but get full off of beer easily, drink coor's light or keystone light. They are very very easy to chug.

3.28/5  rDev +60%

A good light beer if you want to drink more than a few. Very light on the stomach, and has an almost chocolate taste. This beer is good for taking on a fishing trip or camping. Don't expect a great beer, but it is better than most light beers out there.

2.95/5  rDev +43.9%

This beer is meant to be a cold refreshing beer, and it is just that. This is a beer that is to be drank on a hot, sunny day. It doesn't have a strong flavor, and it's not very malty. It is a thin, refreshing beer in order to quench a thirst.
This can also be considerty beer for a party. It goes down easy and is a better choice than many others out there.

2.78/5  rDev +35.6%

The appearance is a light yellow. The aroma was light and smelled faintly of the malted grain. The taste was crisp and moderately carbonated with a light body and light bitterness. The mouthfeel was average and crisp. I felt that the drinkability was pretty good for this beer as it was refreshing and could easilly be followed with another round. Although I'm not one for light macro lagers, I felt that this beer was pretty good for it's style and can probably compete with beers that have a bit more body. In short, this beer doesn't have alot of taste, but makes an excellent refreshing light beer for a BBQ or a hot day.

3.52/5  rDev +71.7%

I hate rating products like this, but I do it occasionally because I feel it is neccessary. So many people rate macros and trash them. I think that's rediculous. What? That Miller Lite doen't have any stewed plums or raisins in the smell? It's piss yellow?! You don't say? No shit it doesn't have the attributes of a 90 minute IPA or a fine crafted Tripel or Quadruppel. It isn't supposed to. These are different products marketed toward a different crowd of folks. In the way of macros, I think Coors Lt. is easily one of the the best. It LOOKS thirst quenching. Anyone ever looked at a 8.0%abv porter or stout and thought, "That''ll quench my thirst".? Hell no. Coors light looks appealing when it's hotter than 400 hells and you can chug gallons of it. It isn't gonna win any contests, but it's cheap, thirst quenching, and suits the purpose it was meant for.

2.45/5  rDev +19.5%

Pours out a quite light golden. White head. no frills. smell is a tad sour, but really just smells like all the others of the style. The taste is a touch lighter and more watery than its equals, some adjunct taste. Nothing really here, but can be quite a thirst quencher. Nothing special with the mouthfeel. good carbonation, not much balance.

Overall this bud and bud light were the beers i first choose to drink in the style. many memories with this beer, but cant say its a good one.

2.52/5  rDev +22.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

Pours out looking like i made a cocktail of 50% Coors original and 50% water. Bubbly head when poured fiercely, but then dies out HARD. Smells of cooked grain and that odd cooked vegetable smell. Flavors start off as plain, sweet grains which then leads into an oddly found, and pleasant, light white grape backdrop. Very watery in the mouth with an almost painful amount of carbonation. Finishes dry. Decent drinkability as there really isn't much to this, much like water.

This beer is awfully lackluster, and I'm not one to knock macros (I love several of them). This isn't necessarily a bad beer, just a beer that lacks a great deal of things.

1.85/5  rDev -9.8%

Let me preface my remarks on this beer by stating that I have only ever consumed this when it has been free. In this instance, I partook of a Coors Light or two in a tent at the Houston Rodeo BBQ Cookoff. I used it in place of water for rehydrating purposes in between whiskey drinks.

Among all the standard American Light Lagers, CL has by far the most offensive flavor. Whereas some of the others are more or less completely neutral and flavorless, CL in fact does have a flavor, and it's heinous. If you must drink this beer I suggest cooling it as close to freezing as possible so as to mute the flavor to the greatest extent. DO NOT let this beer warm up.

Coors likes to advertise that they have the "coldest tasting beer in the world" and that CL is "frost brewed" or some such nonsense. First of all, "cold" is not a flavor, it is a relative expression of temperature. And what is "frost brewing?" By definition, the brewing process requires heating and boiling. At least they have the courage to admit this on their website. Coors is also fond of bragging that their beer is shipped cold, and kept at near-zero Rocky Mountain Temperatures at every stage of the shipping process. Well, I once asked the driver of a Coors truck if his truck was refridgerated. The answer: No. I wrote Coors a letter informing them of this and received a standard reply thanking me for my interest in Coors and -- get this -- asking me return a survey rating my satisfaction with their response.

I can see I've digressed. The bottom line is that CL is a pretty undrinkable beer even for a Macro Lager. I will continue to avoid drinking this beer except for under circumstances such as the one described above.

1.35/5  rDev -34.1%

This is another beer that I got a local bar for only a $1 draft. It came to me in a standard 12oz. pint and wasn't too cold either.

When it came to me it was a pale yellow color with a small head of foam and that dissipated fast into nothing. There was even a lack of carbonation bubbles through out the pint glass. Smell? I wish. I didn't get any aroma whatsoever. Sometimes I caught just a little whiff of malt. The taste and mouthfeel were all the same, light and watery. Maybe not the same, the taste was kind of grainy. I could see paying a dollar for this on draft, if there was nothing else around.

2.05/5  rDev 0%

If you're going to choose between this and Bud Light, go with Bud Light. The appearance of a Coors light is light yellow/gold with a small white head that dissipates quickly. No lacing on the glass obviously. Smell is inconsequential -- nothing really to it. Grainy. Just like the taste. Mouthfeel is OK -- smooth going down. This is the type of beer you have to have ice cold at a summer bbq with a burger or hot dog to really enjoy.

1.1/5  rDev -46.3%

Friends drink this sometimes and if offered will not decline. Pours clear yellow piss color. Has a very small head that does not like to stick around. Could not pick up a good whiff of the scent. Taste like... water, guess thats what a real light beer is. Mouthfeel is like carbonated water. Dont buy just drink for free.

1.22/5  rDev -40.5%

I was offered this last night at a local bar so just to be nice and avoid looking snobbish I accepted. A pale barely straw yellow color with nasty aromas of grains and nothing else. Taste and mouthfeel were of hard tap-water, no real taste at all just subtle disturbing chemical and organic suggestions but overall a very odd beverage. I can't imagine why people would want to drink this, even among other macros I can see some redeeming value in a few of them....this one is the worst beer i've tried making it worth a review.

1.72/5  rDev -16.1%

There is very little redeeming quality to this beverage that I guess is actually beer (though who would know it). Watery and thin, it is almost insulting. If I were going to drink a light beer I'd rather drink a Straub Light.
This beer is pale clear yellow. It has very little aroma but with enough effort you can find hints of corn and alcohol in the nose. The taste is just water. Cold water that had an ear of corn sitting in it for a while. There does not seem to be any distinguishable malt or hop characteristics just hard water that leaves an unpleasant aftertaste. The mouthfeel is thin. Its just carbonated water. Drinkability. It is not bad enough that I would make a scene if someone (out of the kindness of their heart) graciously offered me a can; but I would never seek one out as long as it was avoidable. If the only purpose of this beer is a cheep drunk, then get a cheap bottle of Vodka and a gallon of water and you'll get just as much drunk per dollar for much less unpleasant taste. IMHO. Anyway...

Hope this is helpful.
Cheers!

1.6/5  rDev -22%

Pale straw with little head retention at all. The smell is just like any cheap adjunt beer-corny. The taste is pretty awful. It has a shit beer taste which i sorta like a bit but i mean it's still pretty bad for that. There is way too little beer taste to this. It's like water! The mouthfeel is like water as well. I have not yet drank a more watery beer. I felt like I was drinking Zima. The drinkability is low cause i can't stand drinking something this unsatisfying and gross. I gave it half a point more cause I figure if you wanted to get sloshed on this (which is probably why poeple buy it mostly) you can. It's so watery I could drink like 5 of these and feel lnothing as far as the stomach goes.

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company