Coors Light | Coors Brewing Company

Style: Light Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Reviews: 1,261 | Ratings: 4,963
1.92/5  rDev -6.3%

My expectations were so low I have to say it was ok. It did have more flavor than other lights I have tried. Maybe my opinion was affected by the atmosphere of the place i had it, the Drunken Clam in St Pete beach.
i think the bar smell and pleasant people gave the beer a big boost !

2.94/5  rDev +43.4%

Drank out of 12 oz can, couldn't get ahold of a glass at the time.
Smelled of barely and hops, maybe light cereal grains.
Tasted of cheap cereal grains, and maybe a burning kind of citrus like taste.
Mouthful is alcohol-reeking, kinda burning but not to where I wanted to spit it out. Easy to handle.
Overall, Decent light lager that I would take over Bud Light anyday. Refreshing and, well, light American lager-ish.

3.33/5  rDev +62.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

This beer is extremely light and crisp. However, comparing this beer to non-light beers is to compare apples to oranges. If you are on a budget and watching your calories, Coors Light is a great choice.

3.86/5  rDev +88.3%

Smells of cereal and grain. If the place I go to doesn't have great beer this is always my go too beer. Goes down smooth, overall a good beer for the mass market.

1.37/5  rDev -33.2%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Bought a single of this just to see how bad it was. Poured into a mug. Nearly transparent in color, a shade or two more yellow than my tan wallpaper. Concerning. A thin, bubbly head that disappeared quickly like soda, and very little lacing. Smell is kind of gross. Stale, bitter, corn and grain. Taste is actually less pronounced than the smell, which I thought was a good thing considering it smelled nasty. More corn and grain flavor, but extremely subtle and watered down. Tastes a little like trying to eat stale bread and washing it down with tap water. Feel is thin, watery, and with high carbonation. I was very burpy trying to drink this, and the only flavor I was getting out of my burps were from the coffee I drank earlier in the day. Overall, not an abysmal beer just because it's so flavorless, but it's so incredibly boring that I don't think I would ever want to drink one again.

2.31/5  rDev +12.7%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Based on the ratings, it is fair to suppose there is lots that BeerAdvocates do not like in this beer.
But since we also "Respect Beer", this beer has positive attributes.
1) It goes with below average food... particularly when I cooked it and am eating my own leftovers.
2) Coors Light does have low calories... And since I increasingly find I must exercise to work off the malty beers, Coors Light is an alternative to endlessly repeating calisthenics.
3) This beer is in a separate style/class and should be judged with a special spectrum, say, only 4 points (which is what I've done). This beer has a purpose: to be refreshing to overweight Americans, of which there are many... which explains the popularity of Coors Light.
4) To get to 100 styles, I am glad to review this one.

1.38/5  rDev -32.7%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.5

Happy hour at the hotel. Free Beer! Oh wait, it's Coors Light....Not much to this weak lager. Very watery, not much flavor, aroma is absent. Good on a hot day, but ten again, so is water.

1.34/5  rDev -34.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

From the bottle, very cold indeed.

Appearance: Poured a little into the glass. Clear, thin and lightly fizzy. 'Watery' wouldn't be a bad description here. Slight head rises and disappears quickly.

Smell: Faint smell of grass, some malt. Odd Banana like smell that isn't exactly pleasant. Not much more going on.

Taste: There are some unpleasant tastes going on here. Starts watery, dry, almost puckering. In come the thin banana like flavours that roll down your nose along with the faint alcohol.

Mouth-feel: Gentle carbonation and very light on the palette. Dry finish.

Overall: Okay, let's be honest here. It's a light beer so we can't be expecting to much in the complex flavour department. But I've had other light beers which I might have classified as 'refreshing'. Not so with this particular brew, and it gets far worse if it's left to warm, pretty much undrinkable at room temperature.

Not sure why people still purchase beer like this. I can make it myself a lot cheaper by soaking a slice of bread in a glass of tap-water until it dissolves then adding a splash of moonshine to give it that alcohol.

The flavor would be just about the same....except maybe a little better if you used fresh bread. Coors "liquid dinner rolls" light definitely tastes like the bread they soaked in their Rocky Mountain water was stale.

This used to be "the beer"! A favorite hang-out in a previous life offered this on draft in big ol' mugs, bottomless, for $10. Used it drink it like it was going out of style. Now, I just cannot get past the "corn" aftertaste I get now in botles. Maybe it's not there in draft, I don't recall, nevertheless, I'll always have the memories that came along with the "Silver Bullet"!

1.91/5  rDev -6.8%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

My Dad drinks Coors Light so I have occasionally had one. What it reminds me of is... popcorn. :-) I know that's strange, but if you soaked lightly buttered popcorn in some slightly fizzy water and added a bit of alcohol, it would probably taste similar to Coors Light. It's not entirely revolting but it sure isn't beer and nothing I would drink by choice.

1.8/5  rDev -12.2%

If your goal is to get slammed watching football, this beer isn't bad. It's easy to drink enough of them to get so drunk you don't remember who won the game you were watching. In any other capacity, I would never go near this "beer"

1.66/5  rDev -19%

This is damn near water. Has that light piss yellow coloring. Head reduces into a small cap. This is a mildly carbonated beer that when prodded, will produce a steady stream of bubbles. Can taste metal along with hops, but they lose their place.

2.84/5  rDev +38.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

12 oz. on tap in a chilled mug at Ruby Tuesday in Westbrook, Maine, watching the Patriots eat it against the Dolphins.

Appearance: Whiz. You know what this looks like.

Aroma: Smells like blah light beer. I want to say "smells like the urinal at a NASCAR event" but it's mostly inoffensive.

Taste: Very neutral. Slightly sweet, a little corny. Just not much there.

Mouthfeel: Resembles water. This particular glass is barely showing carbonation.

Overall: You have to give these kind of beers a puncher's chance, because they're not intended to be flavorful - they're intended to be consumed with junk food while you watch sports. All that said, it's bad. But even with that said, of the "big three" light crap beers, it's probably the best, because it's the least offensive.

1.18/5  rDev -42.4%

The worst of the light beers. Looks like your average American Adjunct Lager. The smell consists of an obnoxious corny yeasty aroma. Not particularly pleasant. The taste follows the nose. Not particularly enjoyable, especially as it warms up. Mouthfeel isn't as light as I'd like, but maybe because I was choking it down each sip. Overall, this is fucking terrible.

1.35/5  rDev -34.1%

I've tried bad beers and this is the worst. I get stuck having to buy this because my parents are old school and think this all people drink and apparently its true. Im guilty and have tried these things, but just dont bother. how does a light beer with no taste go down so horribly. You get stomach irritation within a few minutes of drinking. Taste like stale water with stale corn notes and smells horrible. This is beer is a Fu**ing ***hole

1.48/5  rDev -27.8%

Look: Very light gold color almost as clear as water, white head that disappears quickly

Smell: Some fruity Apple smells, little bit of corn and grain, but not much

Taste: light fruit flavors, a little grain, but very little flavor

Feel: Super light body, very crisp

1.34/5  rDev -34.6%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

12/15/2012
Very little aroma since it is SO COLD.....that's a joke. Yeller. Watery taste, with light grainy/veggie…but pretty much taste is non-existent. It is carbonated. Don't let it get warm.

2.88/5  rDev +40.5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

Yeah. Super easy to rip on the adjuncts but I prefer to compare them to one another. An ice cold coors light on a warm day is delicious in ways that your Purple Cooter Black IPA Nitro aged in Bourbon Barrels can't touch. There is a time and a place for these beers and when that time reveals itself, I will request a CL. There is a carbonated burst that hits the back of your throat that sets this beer apart from the beers that generally don't set themselves apart. I also appreciate that there is no wino aftertaste like Budweiser products.

2.13/5  rDev +3.9%

This is the first light beer I've rated so far. And all I can really say is that yes, it is light. It's not gross or anything (there's no need to be so dramatic about these light lagers) but there really just isn't much here to offer besides for the being drinkable factor.

1.54/5  rDev -24.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

The only thing going for this beer is that it tastes slightly better than I thought it would. I made a point to try a bunch of ridiculously famous beers in the U.S. about a year - meaning the light beers that get Super Bowl commercial time. This one disappointed on almost every level, I'm sad to say. It's far too light, no real flavor, and goes down like water.

1.86/5  rDev -9.3%

Coors Light pours a straw color with a quickly dissipating head. A sweet corn aroma. The taste is very syrupy, corn filled, and sugary sweet. Flat body and very flat flavors. Overall, its sweet, sugary and flat.

1.56/5  rDev -23.9%

Well this was a two dollars well spent. I make fun of my friend for drinking this, but never tried it until today, and let me tell you how much I don't care for it. Just to be sure, it's got a few months left on its best by date.
I poured this beer into a beer drinking glass from a can. It pours a straw yellow with a decent foam head if poured aggressively that dissipates quickly enough.
Smells like water "beer". Nothing special to note, smells kinda gross.
Tastes as gross as it smells. I mean, when I took my first few sips I thought it was okay. Like ya know, "decent crisp light beer on a cold rainy halloween" but the farther I get into the glass, and soon my can, it just gets worse. What am I tasting? Grains maybe? But it's mostly water and some nasty beer-like taste.
It feels like a normal beer though, not too overly or underly carbonated, drinks easy, but the taste makes it hard.

Overall, I was right to make fun of my friend for drinking this. But I guess taste IS subjective and if him and/or his family likes it that's cool. I could drink it if offered, but I won't purchase/drink this willingly again.

2.21/5  rDev +7.8%

It has its place in the American beer lovers repertoire Very watery, tons of effervescence, struggles to maintain any sort of head upon pouring. Great for beer pong, chugging, or cooling off after spending a day in the yard.

2.79/5  rDev +36.1%

Pours a light golden color with very little head. Very carbonated and actually a little bit of lacing. Has that faint beer smell. Initial taste is typical of most macro-brews, very watered down and a hint of beer taste. Aftertaste is surprisingly sweet and crisp. This is my favorite of the macro-brews because it has descent flavor. I keep this in the garage fridge for when I'm mowing the yard and just need something to cool me off and don't want the full weight of a REAL beer.

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company