Coors Light | Coors Brewing Company

Style: Light Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Reviews: 1,282 | Ratings: 5,062
1.83/5  rDev -10.7%

This 4% beer is pretty good, but it doesn't tste much. There is only a little aftertaste of corn and it has s clear straw color. The mouthfeel is similar to water which is average for a macro lager. The bottles and cans are nice tough with the cold certified kind of thing. It is of course a good summer beer you can find everywhere and at a pretty good price. Afterall it is only alcoholic water with a touch of corn.

1.45/5  rDev -29.3%

It took less than a minute from an aggressive 90 degree pour into a pub glass for the head to disappear. Foamy, like something that comes out of a Pepsi can.

I could taste notes of rice and corn flakes, the usual things found in the light beer department. Pale yellow in color resembling that of a common human excretory fluid. The after taste isn't too bad considering other light beer alternatives.

It's not too rough going down but if your aim is to get drunk, then this beer has a place in the beer bong. Don't torture yourself by drinking one at a time. How this is the light version of the "Original" is beyond me.

2.6/5  rDev +26.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

Appearance is pale and straw yellow. Little or no head and it leaves no lace inside the glass. Looks like carbonated water with a bit of food coloring.

Smell is of stainless steel, water, rice and alcohol.

Taste is shallow and watery. Lots of filler (corn and rice?) Not much to speak of, besides a residual sweetness. Bland.

Drinkability—easy enough. You could drink a lot of this beer and think little of it.

Mouthfeel is mostly that of carbonation—quickly numbs the palette. It is crispy and clear though—ok on a hot afternoon.

I wouldn't pay much to drink this beer, but there is always someone offering this beer at social gatherings, so long as it is cold—I guess you could do worse. Lesson here for me is, don't disparage free beer.

1.2/5  rDev -41.5%

This really is some of the worst beer I've ever had...crispy clear yellow and looks like somthin' that comes out of my body at daily intervals, if you get my drift.

I often wonder how this kind of absolute rubbish gets to be marketed as "beer"... it isn't. It is junk.

I tried some because a friend left some here in my refrigerator. And I ran out of Dogfish Head for tonite. I should've left this Coors alone.

Don't buy this junk, do not even bother. Coors is blasted junk. A positive "don't do..". ? Why oh why do they make this stuff?

Appearance: Pee Yellow.

Mouthfeel: None.

Taste: None.

Body: None.

Quality: Nothing

Hey, have 40-50 of these and your on way to a great headache, that's about all..

Garbage... another example of how The USA fails at making anhything decent except for a few micro brewers who continue to charge like $10.00 / a six pack for a truly good experience.

We are out of shape, people. Beer should cost less than milk, don't You think?

Ah Rubbish, again on the American forefront....

...Bill

3.14/5  rDev +53.2%

As I drink more beers this is still my favorite light beer. It goes down smooth and is refreshing. It doesn't taste super but it also doesn't taste bad, which is alot more than I can say for alot of other beers I've tried.

The taste is ok, a little watery, and the same goes for the appearance. The importance of this beer is that it's drinkable and cheap. I drink it once in a while and don't feel cheated because it's a light beer, what do you expect?

2.76/5  rDev +34.6%

Appearance is nothing special just another light colored light beer.

Smell is not really apparent it just has a signature coors aroma

Taste is boring

Mouthfeel is average not much here.

drinkibilty- Goes down nice and easy

Serve extra cold!

Not much to say about this beer it just has little unique qualilties that don't stand out but i will still drink it.

2.2/5  rDev +7.3%

This is like drinking water. I usually review beers I love, but I am going to begin to review beers I hate. This should bring my average rating to a reasonable level... I don't recommend drinking this unless you absolutely have to. It's trash.

Drink craft beers.

1.84/5  rDev -10.2%

Coors Light, the beer that got me started (sad to say). I find that this beer is any typical drinker for the one that doesn't care about quality, handcrafted and phenomenal beers! The one awesome thing about Coors is that fact that they are one of the smaller, big three.

2.02/5  rDev -1.5%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

I'm not a fan of many macrobrews, especially the highly marketed stuff. My friend just decided to pick up a 24 pack of cans on sale, and since I drank Coors from a bottle and liked it this past Christmas, I thought i'd give it a shot.

Can was poured into tall beer mug at a cold temperature.

appearance: looks thin, almost colorless, not used to such light beer. Reminds me of light yellow colored piss. lots of head that stayed for a minute or so.

smell: not much to it, grassy, wheat maybe.

taste: my favorite part of this beer. This can i'm drinking, the only really good drink was the first drink. Got some taste from that drink only. Rest of the can tasted like lightly flavored water. Maybe some wheat taste to it, but not much. Taste lingers slightly.

mouthfeel: thin, slightly carbonated.

Overall: I think this beer is okay, and the only regular macrobrew (or light beer for that matter) I will drink besides Budweiser. This is a beer for sitting outside on a hot day drinking and talking with friends, or a light drink whenever the thirst comes for it. This is a beer that can go down fast, and drunkenness would come fast (because it's so easy to drink). Reminds me of those crystal light water flavorings, but in beer flavor -its light and tastes like water. This is not a full flavored beer to sit and slowly sip. Just a simple brew with little flavor. I think it is okay.

3.15/5  rDev +53.7%

I see that this beer has been rated as awful. Hey, it's a light beer, what do you expect. That means it a watered down version of the regular beer. You usually drink it cause you're over weight or trying to lose some flab. With that in mind, it's not bad and you probably can drink several glasses and still be under your county's DWI minimum. If you want to drink a better beer, increase your activity, put the fork down and eat more salads.

1.45/5  rDev -29.3%

Well, the other night I was drinking with a few of my less-enlightened friend. I had a few bombers of my favorite, Stone IPA, but my brother had foolishly set the refridgerator so low that the beer somewhat froze. As I waited for over an hour for the beer to completely liquify, I grew impatient and asked my buddy Sean for a beer. It was a choice of either Coors Light or Bud Light, and I, of course, took the Coors Light. I opened the can, and the light, airy smell drifted towards my nose. As I detected the scent, I asked myself one question: Why, God, why would anyone brew, much less DRINK, this beer!? I don't quite know what it tasted like, because there was so little to taste. The thing was horribly pale in color, and smelled just how it tasted: with less malt than one would find in chocolate milk shake. Are there even hops in there? I couldn't find 'em. It did manage a mighty 2 in the mouthfeel category, because of its cool smoothness combined with a mild amount of carbonation. The drinkability is non-existent, as the beer made me nauseous. Thankfully, my first bomber of IPA was ready for consumption 15 minutes later, and my palate was saved.

2.32/5  rDev +13.2%

I used to like Coors Light, and even deemed it my favorite light domestic. Well, not anymore. The pee coloring and the taste of sour water have pretty much done me in. It tastes really flat and flavorless and those nights when I used to be able to drink it on command are far gone. Drinkability is questionable, I mean, it's very light so you can drink quite a few...if you can manage to. I guess the college party days are behind me so naturally, so is my approval of Coors Light.

2.91/5  rDev +42%

A: This beer is about as clear as they get. Even less color than say a Miller Lite or Bud Light.

S: Smells like all the other light lagers.

T: Tastes very light with a little more sweetness that comes through when its cold.

M: Like water. I like water.

D: Coors Light is absolutely nothing special aside from the fact that when you've just mowed the lawn or worked a long day and you just want a cheap, light, beer that is refreshing and just about nothing else it tastes great. Coors Light has none of the "off" tastes that sometimes I feel Bud and Miller have. All in all, if I want to drink a light, cheap beer I'll reach for this. Any other time, I'll drink better.

1.25/5  rDev -39%

What's pathetic is that as a college student I used to swear by this beer. Until i discovered what good beer actually can taste like.

A- Well just to be blunt. It looks like vaguely like dehydrated urine. What little head it actually has is a disgusting pale white color.

S- The smell isn't all around unpleasant, but isn't great either. Perhaps the beer I was drinking had been sitting in the back of the shelf at the grocery store, but it smelt old.

T- The taste is definitely sub-par. As a friend has described it to me: "This tastes like whore spit and bong water!" This tasted like it smelt, slightly old and a little sour. It was just no good. I'm not sure what else to say.

M- It was so light, it may as well have been water... actually to say this tastes like water is an insult to even tap water. There's little carbonation and almost no feel, luckily the taste and mouthfeel soon subside. Keep a "chaser" or something close by to wash the taste out of your mouth.

D- Overall, this beer is just lacking in so many ways. To any other college kids who may be reading this: Spend the extra few dollars and find something with some taste. The only reason I still drink this is to play beer games with my friends who have yet to see the light and convert to good beer.

2.2/5  rDev +7.3%

So many of my friends and colleagues have this as their beer of choice...not impressed to say the least. But hey, if all you're looking for is to get drunk, it works.

Pale golden-yellow hue. Looks like...well, I won't say it. Smells like bread, to be honest. Tastes like watery cereal.

Very clean and smooth however; definitely warrants another sip.

I know why people drink this: it goes down so easily and its a decent party beer. Besides that...no redeeming qualities to be had.

Probably the first beer I ever had, and I thought it was great...then I grew some taste buds and...

A - Can o slightly yellow water

S - nothing to report...

T - none...

M - Perfect for mowing the yard.

O - Cheap. Good on a hot day. Does not quite set the benchmark for the worst beer ever, but its close.

3.74/5  rDev +82.4%

This has always been my go to beer. I enjoy it at all times of the year. It is a typical light beer with a clean pour, look, and taste. I do find that if it isn't served very cold it can leave a lingering unpleasant taste on the mouth. However, if I cannot find anything new or different to drink I always go for Coors Light.

2.08/5  rDev +1.5%

So my friend's band was playing at a bar about a week ago, and all they had on tap was Bud Light and Coors Light. Great bar.

Apearance: Light yellow without much head

Smell: Not too much of a smell, kind of like alcoholic water

Taste: Nothing remarkable and not too much of a flavor at all, pretty watery

Drinkability: Pretty easily drinkable if you're just looking to drink a large amount, goes down easy, but not great if you just want to sit around and sip a beer

3.28/5  rDev +60%

A good light beer if you want to drink more than a few. Very light on the stomach, and has an almost chocolate taste. This beer is good for taking on a fishing trip or camping. Don't expect a great beer, but it is better than most light beers out there.

1.82/5  rDev -11.2%

A -Clear with some yellow tint.

S - There is no scent coming from this beer. If there is, it means it was skunked.

T - To call it flavorless would be putting it "lightly".

M - Great palate cleanser.

D - Easy to drink, like bottled water.

I guess this is what happens when more money is poured into advertising than R&D.

1.75/5  rDev -14.6%

That's not beer...That's COORS !!! You've GOT to be kidding. The Rocky Mountain Freshness must still be in the outside air..Because the can is full of a yellow liquid that has been falsely advertised as beer...Golden. CO has nothing on Rehoboth, DE and the Dogfish Head Brewery..

2.18/5  rDev +6.3%

poured out of a can. its pale yellow, and fizzy. no real smell just slightly grainy. tastes kind of like something. maybe corn, but honestly there is very little taste there. pretty much feels like drinking carbonated water. drink if there is nothing else.

3.05/5  rDev +48.8%

I am reviewing this with respect to peers, not against every beer out there.

Appearance: Marginal, weak golden hue; 2-finger head takes its time to dissipate

Smell: Water with light generic beer smell

Taste: Watered malt, no hop

Mouthfeel: Smoother than other lights, lends some crisp character, micro-bubbles rush into mouth

Overall: A leader among light, US lagers and the official beer of my Uncle Jimmy; a craft enthusiast will not enjoy this as much

1.48/5  rDev -27.8%

Not sure who this review is going to appeal to. I don't know many beer drinkers that haven't had a Coors Light at some point in their life. Extremely generic. Little to no flavor, very watery. Foamy when poured, but almost scentless, airy foam. Serves the purpose of high volume drinking, useful at least for playing games or long days involving heavy consumption, but otherwise purposeless beer. No idea why anyone would pay for this for any reason other than to drink without feeling too full.

2.09/5  rDev +2%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 2

12oz "wide mouth" can with "cold activation", poured into a Weizen glass.

A: Clear, pale amber. Two fingers of head dissipated within a minute to a small circle on the glass' edges. None stuck to the glass as it dissipated.

S: Powerful bouqet smells almost burnt, metallic. Very light fruit notes.

T: Sweet, faint citrus. As Todd mentioned, I tasted banana in the aftertaste.

M: Lingers all around, nothing outstanding to note.

O: Sweet, cheap beer. Nothing more.

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company