Coors Non-Alcoholic | Coors Brewing Company

Added by Rifrafboy on 02-16-2003

37%

4.61/5  rDev +103.1%
look: 5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.25

I travel a lot for my sons High School athletics and enjoy a few good beers when I get home. Sometimes it takes a couple of our and do not want to risk a DWI. I found the Coors NA on the shelf and thought I would give it a try. I was blown away with the taste. I could not believe how great it tasted for a NA Beer. It totally satisfies my craving for the beer taste without the alcohol in my system for driving. The only problem I have is finding it. I was just in Walmart and bought the last 6 pack. Will buy more if I can find it.

3.84/5  rDev +69.2%

The smell is faint breadiness, grains, and a tad bit of some kind of hop aroma.

The taste is slightly more bitter and full than the other non-alcoholic beers. But it mainly tastes of slightly toasted barely malt and some bitterness, but I cannot tell if it's a bitterness from the hops.

The mouthfeel is super light and watery.

It's ultimately refreshing, crisp and dry.

I wish it had more alcohol and increased amount of ingredients for a fuller flavor.

I would suggest trying this first if you must drink a low-alcohol beer.

3.8/5  rDev +67.4%

If you put this beer in a blind taste test I would be very surprised if someone were pick it out from other American Beers. It has a nice head when poured out of the 12 ounce bottle has a nice mouth feel and taste just like a normal beer. I recommend it if you feel like drinking but don't want to chance driving or getting a hangover

3.73/5  rDev +64.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

3.25/5  rDev +43.2%

3.16/5  rDev +39.2%

People that hate Coors and Coors varieties will also hate this because it tastes, smells, feels, looks, and drinks exactly the same as Coors Light but with slightly more malt flavor. It has that typical macro brew corn taste people come to expect from an American macro brew so in a way it's refreshing as it doesn't stray too far from the norm. Looks like a normal beer, doesn't really smell like anything much except a macro beer faintly, tastes just like Coors Light, feels like water with little carbonation, but has standard head retention and lacing. Personally, given the fact it even tastes like Coors Light is a plus for me, because the other two NA beers I've tried tasted like they came straight from a science lab.

3.12/5  rDev +37.4%

3.08/5  rDev +35.7%

A: The pour on this one is a clear golden color with a somewhat short-lived white head.

S: Smells pretty much like any other standard light, American lager. Somewhat sweet with a bit of grain and corn to it, perhaps some corn husks. Though light, there is a fairly surprising amount of hop note to it.

T: The flavor is pretty much the same. It's pretty light and watery, though. A mild sweetness of grain and corn and a definite grain/corn husk note to it as well. Though there was a bit of hop on the nose, not so much on the palate.

M: Very light in body with a rather high level of carbonation.

O: I guess this is unoffensive and easy to drink, but I don't necessarily understand why you would waste the calories on something that basically tastes like flavored water.

3.04/5  rDev +33.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

Coors N/A really catered to my tastes with a bread-like light taste. It was a crisp, smooth and overall pretty nice experience. I've tried alot of NAs on the market, and this was definitely one of my favorite.

3.03/5  rDev +33.5%

Pours a golden color with a one-finger head into my pint glass. Seems the usual here.

Aroma is sweet and bready with a hint of ginger ale in the nose (no seriously).

Taste reminds me of a loaf of baked bread. Not many other flavors. Straightforward.

Mouthfeel is full of lingering breadiness and a bit of sweetness. Not much else.

This is actually tolerable for a low alcohol beer. It's not the greatest but it doesn't have any awful flavors or aftertaste.

The first and last non-alcoholic beer I'll ever buy. Originally bought for use in beer bread I gave one a try. It's actually quite a tasty drink, very crisp, sweet, and bready overall with nothing else I can pick out shining through. I can see people that don't drink but still wanna enjoy a beer having one and liking it.

Coors NA pours a crsytal-clear, deep-gold body beneath a short head of creamy white foam that holds fairly well and leaves some spotty rings of lace about the glass. It smells like a standard American lager with a bit of sweetish cereal-like malt and some mild hops. In the mouth it's crisp and medium-light bodied. The flavor is slightly malty sweet and cerealish at first, but it quickly shifts as the hops step in and the flavor becomes more floral and spicy. In fact, it's so well done that I'd imagine that if you had more than one of these you might forget it was low alcohol. A low-key bitterness balances it, and it finishes fairly short and dry, although some sticky, cereal-like malt does linger. Regardless, it's one of the better NA's out there!

From the designated driver department...
Pours out to a decent half-inch head that surprisingly lasts and laces some. Color is a gold-straw color and brilliant clarity. Aroma is whole leaf noble hops and weak grains. Flavor produces some malt character and hop flavors. Dry, crisp finish. Mouthfeel is the best in the category. Overall the best nonalcoholic brew I've tasted. I would drink this stuff all day long. Seriously.

Pours straw yellolw with a white head that pops and fizzles down to a patch.

The smell is of grain and corn husk. Nothing notable, but nothing "off". The taste is the same - some grainy malt, some corn husk, a touch of non-descript balancing hops. Very filtered - typical. Pretty watery and fizzy, but not overly so for a macro NA. No bad aftertaste, in fact no aftertaste at all.
Overall, this is your average macro NA.

Served in a Lagunitas mason jar.

So here's the origin story: I was browsing around the back of the beer area at the Binny's in Schaumburg when I happened upon something I hadn't seen before: Coors NA. I was perplexed, surprised, and, most of all, desirous of a new tick. I didn't wanna spend the six bucks for a sixer, but, luckily, a couple weeks later, I found a single at the Vernon Hills Mariano's. Victory.

Anyway, this stuff pours a clear sallow topped by a finger of short-lived off-white foam. The nose comprises sweet corn, light powdered sugar, light wheat, and light sweet flowers. The taste brings in more of the same, along with some mineral water. The body is quite light, with a moderate carbonation and a watery feel. Overall, not much going on here, really. It's a basic NA beer, one that doesn't come across offensive in any way.

2.97/5  rDev +30.8%

2.89/5  rDev +27.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.75

I'm rating this based on non-alcoholic beers. And since that's about all I can have right now it's gonna have to do.

Price was good at $4.99/six pack of bottles.

Appearance : Pale straw colored body, with a small quarter finger of head, with about the poorest head retention I've ever seen. It dwindles down to a small mucus-like ring within a minute's time. The body is about as transparent as dirty water.

Aroma : Some starchy vegetables, brown bread crust, slight grain malt mixture. It has that very faint smell of mashed warm carrots and peas like most non-alchy beers do.

Taste : The brown bread crusts come out along with a pinch of spicy hop - a nice surprise. The flavor is fleeting, and most of it dissipates almost instantly, but the baked bread flavor is left lingering on the back third of the tongue. Out of the bottle it tastes much more like a real beer, convincing even - but out of a glass it tastes somewhat more like a bad science experiment.

Mouthfeel : Wafer thin and overly carbonated. It finishes ghostly with almost nothing to show for it. Maybe a faint dryness.

Overall : It's not a bad NA beer. I've had much worse. I'm not sorry I bought this six pack, because due to health reasons at the PRESENT TIME I am unable to delve into my delicious craft stash if I ever want to drink beer regularly again. This will have to do and wasn't too bad tonight.

2.83/5  rDev +24.7%

Poured a golden yellow color with nice white puffy head. Left nice lacing on the side of the glass as it fell. Smell is of a moderate sweetish mote that is not overly pleasant. Taste is malty, can't detect any hops. Finishes somewhat refreshing, but leaves a strange taste at the finish. OK, but not great.

2.77/5  rDev +22%

Sweet on the tongue with a thin but pleasant flavor. Carbonation added is a bit more than other beers I've tried in the past. Medium body with a very clean finish that washes down to no aftertaste.

- Backdated tasting: I first reviewed this beer on 28JUN03, this post is based on notes from that review. -

2.75/5  rDev +21.1%

Still not sure how I found myself drinking this beer (Lets just say I was drinking it at work in my office at 11am on a Friday morning...long story), but nonetheless, here is what I thought of it.

It actually looked pretty decent coming out of the slender can. The color was a decent caramel color with a head that consisted of super small carbonation bubbles. It didn't resemble its infamous brother Coors Light (must have different fathers). Anyways, the aroma is typical macro lager with a small malt and adjunct presence and no hop to be found. The taste was not too bad right away when it was ice cold, but as it warmed up, a plastic taste prevailed and made me realize why I love good craft/homebrew beer.

Overall, for a non-alcoholic macro, this was not terrible in my eyes and was actually fuller tasting than most macro swills.

Coors Non-Alcoholic from Coors Brewing Company