Coors Non-Alcoholic | Coors Brewing Company

Added by ThePostmaster on 02-16-2003

1.95/5  rDev -9.7%

Coors Non-Alcoholic
Served in a pint glass

Look:
Straw color with brilliant clarity. Head is bright white with great head retention and a meringue-like head with small bubble texture.

Smell:
High levels of bready, yeasty malt aromas that are followed up by moderate levels of sulfur, presumably from the bottom fermenting lager yeast. Seems somewhat high for a lager, however. No detectable hop aromas which causes the beer to smell overly malty, similar to old/stale beer.

Taste:
Bready malt flavors followed by the yeast flavor. Low levels of hop bitterness with a low level of grassy, spicy hop flavor. Hops are barely detectable. Sulfur and DMS flavors are low to moderate. More moderate as the beer warms. Balance is all malt (bready) and fermentation character (yeast, sulfur, DMS). Not a pleasant drinking experience.

Feel:
Moderate levels of carbonation. Light bodied. No lingering harshness or creaminess. No alcohol warmth (obviously). Mouthfeel is typical of adjunct lager style.

Overall:
Beer looks good and the mouthfeel is typical, but the aroma and flavor are pretty terrible. I wouldn't drink this unless I had to. Best bet is to find a better non-alcoholic beverage.

2.54/5  rDev +17.6%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

2.66/5  rDev +23.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

Comparing only NA beers, BUD Light and Miller Lite, not my favorite Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.
The color was a nice straw yellow.
This NA beer poured with a 2 finger head that disappeared quickly.
It gave off a nice light beer aroma from the head.
The taste was that of beer malt and hops flavored seltzer water.
The overall taste and body was that of Miller Lite WITHOUT any corn taste.

4.61/5  rDev +113.4%
look: 5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.25

I travel a lot for my sons High School athletics and enjoy a few good beers when I get home. Sometimes it takes a couple of our and do not want to risk a DWI. I found the Coors NA on the shelf and thought I would give it a try. I was blown away with the taste. I could not believe how great it tasted for a NA Beer. It totally satisfies my craving for the beer taste without the alcohol in my system for driving. The only problem I have is finding it. I was just in Walmart and bought the last 6 pack. Will buy more if I can find it.

3.73/5  rDev +72.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

2.97/5  rDev +37.5%

3.04/5  rDev +40.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

Coors N/A really catered to my tastes with a bread-like light taste. It was a crisp, smooth and overall pretty nice experience. I've tried alot of NAs on the market, and this was definitely one of my favorite.

1.68/5  rDev -22.2%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

1.5/5  rDev -30.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

The first and last non-alcoholic beer I'll ever buy. Originally bought for use in beer bread I gave one a try. It's actually quite a tasty drink, very crisp, sweet, and bready overall with nothing else I can pick out shining through. I can see people that don't drink but still wanna enjoy a beer having one and liking it.

2.89/5  rDev +33.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.75

I'm rating this based on non-alcoholic beers. And since that's about all I can have right now it's gonna have to do.

Price was good at $4.99/six pack of bottles.

Appearance : Pale straw colored body, with a small quarter finger of head, with about the poorest head retention I've ever seen. It dwindles down to a small mucus-like ring within a minute's time. The body is about as transparent as dirty water.

Aroma : Some starchy vegetables, brown bread crust, slight grain malt mixture. It has that very faint smell of mashed warm carrots and peas like most non-alchy beers do.

Taste : The brown bread crusts come out along with a pinch of spicy hop - a nice surprise. The flavor is fleeting, and most of it dissipates almost instantly, but the baked bread flavor is left lingering on the back third of the tongue. Out of the bottle it tastes much more like a real beer, convincing even - but out of a glass it tastes somewhat more like a bad science experiment.

Mouthfeel : Wafer thin and overly carbonated. It finishes ghostly with almost nothing to show for it. Maybe a faint dryness.

Overall : It's not a bad NA beer. I've had much worse. I'm not sorry I bought this six pack, because due to health reasons at the PRESENT TIME I am unable to delve into my delicious craft stash if I ever want to drink beer regularly again. This will have to do and wasn't too bad tonight.

1.95/5  rDev -9.7%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2

2.07/5  rDev -4.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

3.16/5  rDev +46.3%

People that hate Coors and Coors varieties will also hate this because it tastes, smells, feels, looks, and drinks exactly the same as Coors Light but with slightly more malt flavor. It has that typical macro brew corn taste people come to expect from an American macro brew so in a way it's refreshing as it doesn't stray too far from the norm. Looks like a normal beer, doesn't really smell like anything much except a macro beer faintly, tastes just like Coors Light, feels like water with little carbonation, but has standard head retention and lacing. Personally, given the fact it even tastes like Coors Light is a plus for me, because the other two NA beers I've tried tasted like they came straight from a science lab.

1.41/5  rDev -34.7%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

With a buddy who drinks na. Good for him bad for me :)

3.12/5  rDev +44.4%

Poured from a 12 OZ bottle into a glass.
Aroma- yeast and well water
Appearance- Makes Coors Light look like a micro masterpiece. terrible
Taste- I was unable to drink a single one of these beers completely out of the six pack I bought.
Palate- flat and disgusting
Overall- Order a tea or a coke instead of this.

1.25/5  rDev -42.1%