Coors Non-Alcoholic | Coors Brewing Company

Added by ThePostmaster on 02-16-2003

2.75/5  rDev +27.3%

3.25/5  rDev +50.5%

1.9/5  rDev -12%

Poured from a 12oz bottle into a US tumbler pint glass.

A: The beer is a very light yellow color, with a thin white head that fades very quickly and leaves a thin lace on the glass.

S: The aroma contains light malts, adjuncts and not much else.

T: The taste starts out bready with flavors of adjuncts and a very thin malt character. Then there is some mild sweetness that comes in. The hops presence is decent for the style and brings a little balance. The after-taste is slightly bready.

M: Crisp and a little smooth, light body, medium carbonation, finish is slightly sticky.

O: A little less flavorful than the original but not by much, goes down easily, not too filling, mild kick, decent representation of style, considering how close in taste (or lack thereof) this beer is to the original version, it’s not too bad, but overall it’s not very good either.

1.75/5  rDev -19%

3.84/5  rDev +77.8%

The smell is faint breadiness, grains, and a tad bit of some kind of hop aroma.

The taste is slightly more bitter and full than the other non-alcoholic beers. But it mainly tastes of slightly toasted barely malt and some bitterness, but I cannot tell if it's a bitterness from the hops.

The mouthfeel is super light and watery.

It's ultimately refreshing, crisp and dry.

I wish it had more alcohol and increased amount of ingredients for a fuller flavor.

I would suggest trying this first if you must drink a low-alcohol beer.

3.08/5  rDev +42.6%

A: The pour on this one is a clear golden color with a somewhat short-lived white head.

S: Smells pretty much like any other standard light, American lager. Somewhat sweet with a bit of grain and corn to it, perhaps some corn husks. Though light, there is a fairly surprising amount of hop note to it.

T: The flavor is pretty much the same. It's pretty light and watery, though. A mild sweetness of grain and corn and a definite grain/corn husk note to it as well. Though there was a bit of hop on the nose, not so much on the palate.

M: Very light in body with a rather high level of carbonation.

O: I guess this is unoffensive and easy to drink, but I don't necessarily understand why you would waste the calories on something that basically tastes like flavored water.

1.41/5  rDev -34.7%

Poured from 12oz bottle into 23oz Mets pilsner glass.

Appearance: Very pale, translucent straw color with a small white head that dissipates quickly and leaves a pretty heavy lace.

Smell: Smells like sweet corn and some grains.

Taste: Tastes sweet and sugary throughout, with almost no aftertaste. Tastes like slightly sweetened seltzer water.

Mouthfeel: Thin and watery, with strong carbonation up-front and a refreshing finish.

Drinkability: This beer wasn't good at all- the first low alcohol beer I've had and it's an experience I won't be rushing to have again anytime soon.

1.56/5  rDev -27.8%

I CANnot believe what the CANQuest has resulted in this time! CAN you?

From the CAN: "In 1973, Adolph Coors founded his brewery in Golden, Colorado, and established the quality standards for brewing Coors products. Coors Non-Alcoholic brew is proof that the founder's standards are still alive today. We only use the finest ingredients to make this non-alcoholic brew."

Upon being cracked open, the beer poured without incident, creating a finger of rocky, bone-white head with low retention. Color was a pale lemon-yellow with NE-quality clarity. A previous reviewer mentioned a sweet smell like creamed corn and I will see your creamed corn and raise you silage! It smelled like fermented corn cobs stored in a silo for later feed for farm animals. How in the flying monkey do you create something like this?!? Ooof. Mouthfeel was thin and watery with a barely detectable sweetness on the tongue. It was like drinking fizzy sugar water. The finish left me with nothing. I glanced at the glass to ensure that I actually had taken a drink. This was just a whole buncha nuthin! No way is this going into any cooler that I own. Next!

CANs trump bottles, but when I saw a bottle of this on the shelf the other day, I decided to procure one for review. Today is T, 18 Oct 2016.

From the bottle: "A Rocky Mountain tradition since 1873".

Another screwed-up screw-top bottle! 8={} Smyert botylok! I really gave it an aggro pour out of a growing sense of frustration with these screw-top bottles, since they must be destroyed in order to recycle them. This brought forth two-plus fingers of dense, foamy, rocky, bone-white head with good retention. Color me impressed! Color was Pale-Straw (SRM = 1 -2) with NE-quality clarity. Nose had that corn/silage/cereal mess that is all too familiar to me at this point. Mouthfeel was thin and watery. The taste was light with the corn/silage/cereal mélange, but it was still not really palatable. Finish was semi-sweet, but as Gertrude Stein once said of Oakland, CA, there was no "there" there. It was an empty, devoid weak sister that only stood to remind me that, as in every other style of beer, not all are created equal with some being much better and some being much worse than others. This was a low-end outlier.

1.2/5  rDev -44.4%

I can't believe i'm about to do this. Ok.
2003 vintage poured into a snifter. Jusk kidding.

Pours paler than pale yellow. The head lasted about 15 seconds longer than I thought it would, which was a total of about 15 seconds.

The aroma is pretty foul. It makes me thing of scrambled eggs and corn. Smells sour in a bad way. I'm afraid to taste it.

The taste is sweet like cream corn and it's watery in my mouth. Makes me frown when I taste it.

This is blasphemy to all things brewed. I got a few swigs in and had to pour it. Horrible by any standards.

1.2/5  rDev -44.4%

12oz bottle

A- Poured into a pint glass. Pours a pale golden yellow color with a fizzy white head.

S- The very faint grainy aroma is very subdued. Very faint grains and maybe a touch of hops, not much else.

T- The taste mirrors the aroma with faint grainy malt and a pretty clean dry finish with a hint of hops. Leaves a wierd sulfury sweet aftertaste. Not good at all, I'm struggling to get through the entire bottle.

M- The mouthfeel is light bodied with a high amount of carbonation.

D- Overall, compared to other low alcohol beers, I would put this one near the bottom. Wouldn't recommend it.

1.76/5  rDev -18.5%

Again, the only reason I drink this is because there is no real beer allowed on deployment to Iraq. While I rate this beer higher than Becks NA, I still would drink the Becks over this any day. The beer is lager-ish in color, malty aroma as well as it posesses a maltier profile than other NA beers. No real hop flavor or aroma to speak of. Gagging sweeness of unfermented wort. This makes a horrible soda, but I suppose if one wanted the illusion of drinking without the intended benefits (ie: intoxication), this "beer" would do the job.

Plain looking yellow lager..small white head. Doughy slight aromas..kinda neutral really. Taste is also sort of neutral..some doughiness, slight hint of what could be a hop!! Highly carbonated, dry finish on the palate. Overall not great even or a non-alcoholic brew. ODouls is much better.

3.8/5  rDev +75.9%

If you put this beer in a blind taste test I would be very surprised if someone were pick it out from other American Beers. It has a nice head when poured out of the 12 ounce bottle has a nice mouth feel and taste just like a normal beer. I recommend it if you feel like drinking but don't want to chance driving or getting a hangover

3.03/5  rDev +40.3%

Pours a golden color with a one-finger head into my pint glass. Seems the usual here.

Aroma is sweet and bready with a hint of ginger ale in the nose (no seriously).

Taste reminds me of a loaf of baked bread. Not many other flavors. Straightforward.

Mouthfeel is full of lingering breadiness and a bit of sweetness. Not much else.

This is actually tolerable for a low alcohol beer. It's not the greatest but it doesn't have any awful flavors or aftertaste.

1.98/5  rDev -8.3%

Can at the Coors brewery tour. You can't get one more 'fresher' than this :)

Poured a medium yellow color with a smaller sized white head. Like it's non-alcohol brother, tastes and aromas of grain and corn. I wrote down 'Nasty'. I mean if Coors is your bag and you are worried about calories, this one is definitely for you...

Notes from: 12/12/06

2.47/5  rDev +14.4%

A: Clear, bright golden yellow. Pours a one finger fluffy white head that dissipated quickly. No lacing.

S: Cooked vegetable aroma. Light hop bitterness; not very appealing.

T: Much better (and beer-like) than smell. Slightly sweet.

M: Surprising medium body. Smooth, no aftertaste, enough carbonation to cleanse.

D: Not sure I'd want to drink a lot, but probably couild.

2.1/5  rDev -2.8%

This ended up in my refrigerator somehow and finally found a way to get rid of it without pouring it down the sink...challenged some teens to (NA) beer pong.
Appearance - pale, with thin ring of a white bubbly head in glass
Smell - like a dirty old bar rag
Taste - taste was not unusual for Coors or for a NA beer, but it just doesn't come close to matching my palate
Mouthfeel - had to choke this one down quick or risk uncontrollably spitting it out
Drinkability - it wasn't that bad, but not close to being a regular purchase...honestly, even the teens chose to play with sour pickle juice instead of this NA beer

1.22/5  rDev -43.5%

Hmm... looks halfway decent. smells like gooey band aid. tastes like kaliber, the only other NA beer i've had. I guess you could get used to the flavor if you really want to pretend to drink beer. Pretty unappealing from the standpoint of somebody that wants a normal tasting beer though.

Pours straw yellolw with a white head that pops and fizzles down to a patch.

The smell is of grain and corn husk. Nothing notable, but nothing "off". The taste is the same - some grainy malt, some corn husk, a touch of non-descript balancing hops. Very filtered - typical. Pretty watery and fizzy, but not overly so for a macro NA. No bad aftertaste, in fact no aftertaste at all.
Overall, this is your average macro NA.

2.73/5  rDev +26.4%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

After my doc said I couldn't drink any alcohol for a month until they ruled out some blood-test effect (turned out to be non-related), I wanted to find something to fill in for my lighter-hue beer summer. This was the only NA beer that I could find that I didn't recall having tried in some distant past moment of despair. I sure wish I could have found the Paulaner or many other good ones around here!

Not bad for quenching an urge for a beer, but sort of like drinking acceptable decaf when you really want a nice bold strong cup of real coffee.

I've only had it from the bottle, didn't feel like getting the stein dirty so I can't really comment much on the appearance, other than that it's a standard medium-light US lager in appearance.

S= a bit grainy with a sort of sweet cereal scent. Actually, I was glad to discover that the taste was more acceptable.

T= bubbly carbonation but not annoying (like most US maxi-beers are); reminded me of the cereal-grain malt beverage Postum (frequently used by health-groups or some religious sects as an alternative to coffee), but then some mild hops seemed to appear in the taste and the balance became a little more beer-lover acceptable. I didn't say I loved it-- I said it eventually became acceptable. A nice almost-beer-like belch with some hops-taste was enough to console me.

M= nothiing really offsetting, just a very slightly sour-ness but not as bad as some really annoying-tasting beers.

D= if you're into NA beer for a while, it's worth the try, given the price, and you could probably drink all night with this stuff, although do remember that it is not "alcohol-free," it still has about 1/2% ABV.

Coors Non-Alcoholic from Coors Brewing Company