Third Shift Amber Lager | Coors Brewing Company

Style: American Amber / Red Lager

Added by gtermi on 12-05-2012

Ratings: 1,235 |  Reviews: 202
Photo of

You had this beer. Write a review.

Grossly sweet and bad smelling. A cheap beer but I'll still complain about it. Not sure how someone could drink this, very little carbonation, just tasted of very sweet malts and caramel. I can't really describe this beer to we'll but it was an awful beer. Would never buy again. If you are looking for something cheap but different (like I was) stay away from this, unless you enjoy feeling sick from sweetness.

Only one word necessary: Meh.

1.2/5  rDev -60.7%

1.25/5  rDev -59%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

1.25/5  rDev -59%

1.35/5  rDev -55.7%

I never had to put unopened beer in the trash until I tried this one. I did not pour the five bottles out and recycle them because anything that touched this beer should not be used by humans ever again. It may not have been prudent to get a sixer of a beer I knew nothing about, but let me explain. The closest bodega to my apartment has a pretty tiny bottled beer section and with the World Series looming I'll need to stay carbonated. The lack of any information on the label about the brewery was a red flag that I ignored like colorblind bull. Only later on, too late, did I notice the label's real sign of disaster: the thematic incongruity between the militaristic motto "Band of Brewers" and the name, suggestive of labor, possibly referring to the time during which they mix Coors, Coors Lite, sugar, and red dye and, nodding to the craft market, add a touch of Colorado snow that has been shat on by the passing Budweiser horses.

1.5/5  rDev -50.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

I used to enjoy this beer, but I opened one today and poured it down the sink. The aroma is completely wrong for an amber ale, and reminds me of a coors lite. If I had any, I would do a comparison. The taste of this beer is also terrible and is reminiscent of a budmillercoors lager and is not anything like an amber ale. There is a faint hint of toasty malt but the aftertaste is more like that of a cheap lager. This beer is also very sweet.

1.5/5  rDev -50.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Third Shift Amber Lager from Coors Brewing Company