George Killian's Irish Stout | Coors Brewing Company

Style: Irish Dry Stout

Added by barczar on 12-30-2012

4.75/5  rDev +37.3%

4.75/5  rDev +37.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Nice chocolate aroma. Opened and let rest for a minute. Again the aroma was good. Used a chilled glass. Dark very Dark. good pour left 1 inch head Carmel color. In comparison to other stouts ever so slight dry taste which makes it better. I do prefer a Red so this was not what I expected. I now have two beers of choice Killian Red and Stout.

4.61/5  rDev +33.2%

Appearance: Black, with brown around the edges; thousands of bubbles stuck to the side of the glass; a wet sand-colored head.

Aroma: blood (I shit you not), and a typical stout sweetness.

Taste: Metalic all the way through, but not off-putting, strangely enough. Lots of coffee and dark chocolate, and some cream.

Mouthfeel: medium.

Finish: semi-dry.

Overall: great beer. I would buy this again.

4.54/5  rDev +31.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

I rarely see this beer available anywhere which is a shame because it's a great beer. I've actually only bought one six-pack of it a couple years ago but I would buy it again without hesitation.

4.53/5  rDev +30.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

George Killian’s Irish Stout has a thick, beige head, a dark brown appearance (almost black), and some nice, heavy lacing left behind. The aroma is of rich, dark-roasted malt and brown bread crust. Taste is of sweet, rich, brown bread and crust, some coffee, a shade of dark cherry, and pleasant, bitter hops. There might even be some cream or milkiness in the flavor. Mouthfeel is medium and edging on heavy, and the finish is dry, mellow, and delicious. Overall, this is another winner from Molson-Coors. You should try this one, for sure!

RJT

4.35/5  rDev +25.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

I got this at Piggly wiggly, I drank the first one out of a glass and the others out of a bottle, just as food as Rhodes Scholor stout in my opionion at a fraction of the price. I'm guessing the alchohol is close to 6% judging by my current buzz after 4 of them in about 90 mins. I'll definitely get this again.

4.32/5  rDev +24.9%

4.25/5  rDev +22.8%

I recently tried Killians Irish Red, Was not overly impressed, However I tried Killians Irish Stout the same afternoon, and I was seriously impressed. To me it had hints of a slightly smoky coffee taste, but that only added to the overal flavor. It was very distinct and flavorful, every sip from start to finish maintains a good body with no nasty aftertaste. It was good overall, I have no complaints.

4.24/5  rDev +22.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

This Killian's brand extension pours a dark brown, with a cream colored head. There is a mildly complex roasted coffee flavor profile. A nice stream of lacing is left on the pint glass. This is a highly drinkable beer with a smooth finish. Give it a try.

4.2/5  rDev +21.4%

4.19/5  rDev +21.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.25

I was given this by a family member to try.

Poured into a pint glass. Good black color with no light penetration. One inch light tan head, decent lacing.

Very subdued smell, not muted, but not very strong. Pleasant malty smell, but not what you'd expect of a stout.

The taste blew me away. Initial taste was the malty sweetness and coffee overtones, but the aftertaste was like eating bakers semi-sweet chocolate. The chocolate lasts on your tongue well after you've swallowed.

Mouthfell was ok, not overly thin but not as thick and satisfying as I would have liked or expected.

Overall much better than I was expecting from a Killian's product. Although I've all but written off the Irish Red, I believe I will actually grab some more of these.

George Killian's Irish Stout from Coors Brewing Company