Khlebny Kvass Medoviy (Honey) | Infost Fine Foods

Awaiting More Ratings
Khlebny Kvass Medoviy (Honey)Khlebny Kvass Medoviy (Honey)

Infost Fine Foods
Israel

Style: Kvass

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by flagmantho on 01-03-2013

Reviews by flagmantho:
3/5  rDev 0%

Poured from 1.5 liter plastic bottle into a dimpled mug.

Appearance: easily the most heavily carbonated kvass I've ever seen. Body is a cloudy brown hue with tons of fizzy head which dissipates very quickly indeed. Not too bad.

Smell: bready aroma with a big dose of honey and some cidery green-apple notes as well. Interesting, although I'm not crazy about the honey character here. It's not artificial smelling or anything; I just don't think it blends well with the base kvass.

Taste: starts off with a good bready character, then the honey takes over. Finishes out pretty sweet. Not bad, but quite sweet for the style.

Mouthfeel: this stuff is amazingly fizzy. Light in body, but wow, refreshing.

Overall: I bet quaffing a glass of this would be a great experience in the hot sun. Alas, it is below freezing at my house right now. Worth a try if you are *really* into kvass; otherwise, you can give this one a miss.

3.25/5  rDev 0%