Green Street, Obvious Pale Ale | Trillium Brewing Company

Trillium Brewing Company
Massachusetts, United States
trilliumbrewing.com

Style: American IPA

Other Half Collaboration, IPA with Valley Danko Rye, Double Dry Hopped with Simcoe, El Dorado, Azacca.

Added by ThatsThatDude on 08-04-2015

Reviews by muzzy:
4.81/5  rDev +7.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.64/5  rDev +4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Tasted on what would have been my grandfather's 92nd birthday, 8.29.15 (RIP Gramps), out of the closest I could find to a suitable glass in a rental place in Barrington, RI.

L- Trillium-y orange, opaque with just a shadow of a finger when positioned behind. Thick lacing. Nice.

S- Jumps out with rye and citrus, and what I think is Azacca. So much happening here. Girlfriend said "wow that smells good" when I popped the top.

T- Citrusy and earthy. Rye is very present, and hops are so powerful through the exhale. Phenomenal, and I can honestly say it gets better with every sip. First I was surprised, and now that I'm almost done, I'm just loving it.

F- Perfect level of carb, but I wonder if it almost might be too much for some? I love it. The thick creaminess that Trillium and HF IPAs do so well. I feel silly using creamy for IPAs rather than stouts, but, like, sorry. Give me something better and I'll listen. This coats the mouth and lingers. I can take a sip, walk around the house for a while, do some things, and swirl my tongue around my mouth to find more of the beer just sitting there. I'm about to go out of the house, and imagine I'll be able to drink more Green Street over the next 10 minutes : )

O- So worth the wait in line. This beer is phenomenal. I was not disappointed at all. Truly unique as well, and I disagree with the others who said it's just like a typical Trillium. Feels different than Congress, Fort Point, Summer, and variants.

4.9/5  rDev +9.9%

Bottled 8/10/15, Drank 8/11/15

Waited in line for 2.5 hours (I was third in line at the release), and it was worth it. This beer is great.

Look: Pale yellow with a decent size pillow-y white head, probably about a full inch in my tulip glass.

Smell: Pineapple and some candy citrus, mostly orange/tangerine and lemon.

Taste/Mouthfeel: Refreshing as far as mouthfeel is concerned, goes down easy. Tastewise, gives pretty strong pineapple up front, followed by some of that candied citrus I got in the smell, a touch of pine, and a little (very little actually) rye bite/earthiness. I could have done with a little more of the rye, but can't complain, as overall it was a really good beer. The taste didn't linger as much as I would have liked either, but at this point I'm just nitpicking.

Overall: A really great beer by two superb east coast breweries. The flavors in this beer are not the most aggressive and assertive of all of the IPAs I've had, but in this, it's a positive. It allows everything to balance and shine as a whole. If you're looking for one of these flavors to jump out and punch you in the throat this one's not for you.

A beer I look forward to having again and sharing with some buddies. And I'll definitely be seeking out more beers from each of these breweries.

4.23/5  rDev -5.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Bottle. Love the collaborating breweries. A 7.8% Pale Ale huh? Dumb. Anyway. It pours hazy like they do at Trillium. Thin, white head. Very rich, concentrated hoppiness. Bubblegum hops along with a noticeable amount of floral and fruity hops. Smells juicy. Flavor is a puréed hop/fruit flavor that is synonymous with Trillium. I'm picking up the distinct flavor of the El Dorado hops (reminds me of sweet florals and bubblegum). Tangy with a sugary malt profile. Citrus and guava hops. Finishes with sweet, candied hops, sugary malt and a slight rye dryness. Full, creamy bodied. Falls in line with many other Trillium brews but Other Half seems to have brought something special to the collaboration.

4.4/5  rDev -1.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.25

4.25/5  rDev -4.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.7/5  rDev +5.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Wow! Pours a golden hazy orange with a frothy head. Lot of orange in the armoa. The initial sip is a tropical fruit bomb! Super juicy with a nice orange peal yet hoppy finsh. Wishing I hadn't traded my second bottle away...

4.94/5  rDev +10.8%

Only problem with this beer is that I can't go to a local store and get six packs for the rest of my life. Unreal. Never look at another pale ale the same.

4.5/5  rDev +0.9%

4.43/5  rDev -0.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

L- Burnt orange with a white frothy head. Nice lacing.

S- Tons of floral notes followed by citrus fruit.

T- Just a touch less than the nose. Citrusy - orange and grapefruit with a bitter hop finish. Juicy drinking beer.

F- Medium carb. Not on the light side by any means.

O- Nice collab between Trill and OH. Glad I had the opportunity to try this.

4.46/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4.52/5  rDev +1.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4.83/5  rDev +8.3%
look: 5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Creamy head after pouring into tulip glass. Hoppy fruity nose, velvet mouth feel. This is a top notch pale ale.

4.6/5  rDev +3.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4.23/5  rDev -5.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

4.52/5  rDev +1.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

4.35/5  rDev -2.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.21/5  rDev -5.6%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Thanks to a fellow trader I was able to share a bottle of this which he traded for. Typical Trillium offering. Nice hop aroma, smooth up front with lots of citrus hops and a nice hoppy finish. Nothing out of the ordinary for Trillium though.

4.5/5  rDev +0.9%

4.95/5  rDev +11%

4.21/5  rDev -5.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.4/5  rDev -1.3%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

3.87/5  rDev -13.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Cheers to Goblinmunkey7 for sharing this

Consumed 8/30/15

A: Medium golden orange, with tangerine and honey highlights - pours with a large, off-white head, fades to a wispy cap, leaves some streaks of lacing

S: Hoppy, as promised - nice citrus component, very, very floral - orange, tangerine, grapefruit - orange blossoms - orange marmalade - lightly tropical notes - spicy hops and additional spice from the rye - pale malts and some sweetness

T: Floral, spicy citrus everywhere - orange and grapefruit juice, flesh, zest, pith, and oil - hoppy resin, pine, herbal notes, spicy notes - spicy melon - juicy notes - pale malts, rye, some sweetness - moderately bitter, but nothing crazy

M: Medium body, nicely carbonated, oily, finishes mostly dry

O: Down on Green Street

Trillium and Other Half? Yeah, I suppose this is an obvious collaboration. But I'm not sure the collaboration brought a ton to the table. I like this, but I prefer some of Trillium's other offerings. The rye spice works fairly well with the hop profile, but it's not spectacular.

4.24/5  rDev -4.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4

Green Street, Obvious Pale Ale from Trillium Brewing Company