HDHC All Citra Everything

Wants
Gots
SCORE
Outstanding
Notes: Our second round of Freaky Friday has us swapping Citra-focused hoppy recipes with Other Half and we were the lucky recipients of HDHC All Citra Everything. Fresh-squeezed Valencia orange juice, candied grapefruit peel, and pomelo morph into a mouth-coating pineapple puree finish. Aggressive in its hop profile, yet retaining a fluffy and soft mouthfeel, HDHC All Citra Everything is a beautiful ode to one of our favorite hop varietals.
Reviews: 4 | Ratings: 16 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
mnj21655 from Massachusetts

4.21/5  rDev -2.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

Pours a pale orange with no head whatsoever; this looks flat and I don’t find that particularly appealing. Aroma is citrusy but seems muted which could be because of the lack of head. Taste is full of orange, tangerine, and grapefruit. Finish has some hop bite to billy it falls short of astringency. Medium-light in body, very low carbonation, it’s really not perceptible at all. Overall impression: this is very tasty but uneven, the carbonation issues really negatively impact my experience with this beer.

Jun 21, 2020
Damian from Massachusetts

3.77/5  rDev -12.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Drank from a 1 pt. (16 fl.oz.) can purchased at Trillium Brewing Company, Boston, MA
06/02/20
Served in a tulip

Cloudy, pale straw yellow appearance. The nearly opaque body was topped by a small, bubbly film that quickly dissolved. No lacing whatsoever.

The nose was pleasant but more subtle than I anticipated initially. Citra hops dominated. Orange notes were most apparent. Some tangerine came through as well. Touch of sweetness. As the beer sat, the aroma became rounder and fuller. Peach and mango were also detectable.

The flavor profile was citrusy and surprisingly bitter. Big orange and tangerine notes up front. Perhaps some kumquat as well. Grapefruit flesh appeared as the beer moved along the palate. Loads of bitter grapefruit peel on the back end and in the finish. More lingering rind-like notes and resiny bitterness after the swallow.

The mouthfeel was somewhat underwhelming. Medium bodied for the style. A touch thinner than I anticipated. The liquid contained a larger bubbled, greater-than-average effervescence that turned light and frothy on the palate.

I have no idea as to what “high-density hop charge” means, but this was definitely one of the least impressive hoppy beers I have ever tried by either Trillium or Other Half. Although the aroma was great, the flavor profile and mouthfeel had much to be desired.

Jun 17, 2020
RaulMondesi from California

4.1/5  rDev -4.7%

So here I am, with this beer. Or is she with me? Either way, I’m opening up the back door to the Rolls and I am sitting right next to her as the driver takes us to the coast. Sitting next to her, I feel things. And because of that, I want to feel her. Yet I sit, and I sniff, and then I go in for the kill...

Glory! Glory! Glory! What a day to be Raul!

Jun 14, 2020
lucius10 from California

4.66/5  rDev +8.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Sweet, sweet orange blossom, sweet orange/tangerine citrus, and peach juice aromatics on this one! Yowza! Outstanding nose on this bad boy! Taste follows with a prominent orange/grapefruit citrus finish. This lingers on the back of the throat a bit, but is not overpowering. This is so soft and juicy on the palate! Outstanding!

Jun 10, 2020