Valley Rye Saison | Trillium Brewing Company

Trillium Brewing Company
Massachusetts, United States
trilliumbrewing.com

Style: Saison / Farmhouse Ale

Barrel aged wild saison made w/ Danko rye from valley malt.

Added by Jason on 05-10-2013

3.25/5  rDev -22.2%

4.27/5  rDev +2.2%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

A - Classic now what I think of for Trillium beers even though I've only tried a few - perfect, lazy, easy settling, finely colored and a nice medium thick lacing

S - Fresh, mildly sweet and tart consistently through the sniff - preface to a mildly bodied beer

T - Medium to light body - acidy comes to mind, but in a positive way. Tartness is right out front but in so mild a way that you can only tell if you think about it. Or are expecting it. Or know your tastebuds pretty well.

M - Light

O - I really love drinking Trillium beers and am finishing this half growler tonight. I wouldn't buy this one again only because it's not one of my preferred styles. Because this is a limited edition, never to be brewed again, I didn't want to miss out on it and I'm glad I did. Because my other half loves it as well, and she is a wine drinker!

3.5/5  rDev -16.3%