Front Toward Enemy | Flesk Brewing Company

Style: American IPA

Added by Nachos4two on 03-09-2013

first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast

3.25/5  rDev -11.2%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Tasted in a Spiegelau IPA glass from a 1 pint 6 fluid ounce bottle on February 26, 2017. Look is ruby amber with a thin head and little lacing. Smell is caramel malt and earthy hops. Feel is medium in body.

3.25/5  rDev -11.2%

3.47/5  rDev -5.2%

This is a solid IPA. Not knowing how fresh this is, I'm going to assume there was a better aroma at one time. I just don't get much aroma. I think I smell Columbus. I definitely taste it, or something like it. I am no expert at hops. Overall, the aroma is off. The taste is quite nice.

After a few sips, the bitterness kicks in. I haven't had many beers like this. It gradually builds up with bitterness it seems. I like that a lot. Solid balanced IPA right here. I could drink quite a few of these.

Other than the aroma, this is a solid beer. I think I got a slightly not as fresh beer but it still stood out as a nice IPA. I will be asking my bottle shop guy about the flow of these beers. Great price, local, and I will be getting more of their brew.

3.58/5  rDev -2.2%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Pours into a tulip glass a hazy saturated orange color, thin layer of cream colored foam on the surface.

Some trace cantaloupe/melon rind aromas, sweet caramel malt, and a hint of sandalwood spice. Some sweet sticky malt behind the softer hop aroma.

Flavor is slightly sweet and fruity, pastry icing and sweet tea flavors, herbal pine bitterness in the aftertaste. Seems a little more malt forward, though there's an adequate hop presence. Light spiciness, a slight bit of cantaloupe, and some abrasive bitter hops towards the end, though restrained. Smooth and mellow feel, light carbonation, a little bit thin. Overall it's pretty good, not a major hop onslaught, more of a skirmish.

look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.92/5  rDev +7.1%

This is a well balanced over all good beer. Pours a hazy orange from the bottle with a nice creamy head that clings to the class and forms nice lacing . The taste is not overly hoppy like you can some times get from the smaller guys trying to make big beers. This IPA is nicely balanced there is a good hop taster to it but you can also taste the malts and the subtle flavors . I really enjoyed this beer and I hope to have more from them in the future

first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast