Pinglewolf 2.0 | Aardwolf Brewing Company

Added by kylehay2004 on 06-26-2013

Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

3.94/5  rDev -3.7%

This beer had me guessing as I thought it was too cold in its service, so I would taste a little as it sat on the bar. Without knowing its style or checking any electronic devices, I sorted through a realm of choices. While the beer was fresh, it didn't appear to me to be the strong IPA I would later guess.

It looked like a dark Belgian or RIS with its minimal head, but the roasted elements came through in the aroma. Inviting a taste, the whole glass came alive, and I was impressed with its flowing taste. I would not have guessed it was 9.2 abv as that seemed hidden until much later.

Overall, I thought it was very good, though I might have to slow down after having more than two in a row.

4.5/5  rDev +10%

3.75/5  rDev -8.3%

No head really with scattered lacing on a jet black body. Aroma of roast malt, coffee and earthy hops. Simple and a little mild but right on for the style. Flavor is intriguing. I actually get chocolate but its not sweet, more like confectioners chocolate I guess with coffee, roasted malts and slightly overwhelmed earthy hops. This one definitely leans more towards roasted malt bitterness over hoppiness. There is however a very nice orange peel citrus finish which was a nice surprise. Full body and moderate carbonation. Base beer is good, I just wanted a little more from the hops.

4.25/5  rDev +3.9%