Peanut Butter Milk Stout | Belching Beaver Brewery

Peanut Butter Milk StoutPeanut Butter Milk Stout

Belching Beaver Brewery
belchingbeaver.com

Style: English Sweet / Milk Stout

America’s Favorite Peanut Butter Milk Stout: this silky-smooth beer put us on the map. Troy came up with the idea of combining Peanut Butter with our Beaver’s Milk Stout and he nailed it. Don’t let the dark color fool you, this beer is delightfully easy to drink with cascading aromas of roasted peanuts, dark chocolate and coffee.

User Reviews & Ratings
Reviews: 202 | Ratings: 1,134
4.25/5  rDev +3.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Pours black with brown highlights, wispy light brown head of large bubbles receded quickly to nothing, no stickage on the glass. Chocolate and nuts mostly in the aroma and flavor, its like liquid Ferrero Rocher. Perhaps its how the peanuts combine with the oats, but it comes across more like hazlenut than peanut.

Tasty beer candy. Quite rich. Definitely a dessert on its own, would probably pair well with ice cream. Just like a ferrero rocher or a peanut butter cup, I can get down on 1 or 2 when the craving strikes.

3.93/5  rDev -4.1%

"No way am I drinking beer with peanut butter in it." At least that's what I said before my son pushed this on me. Glad that he did.

From tap and can into a shaker pint. A beautiful dark stout but with a head that quickly disappears. The aroma is....pretty much peanut butter. You have to fight hard to smell anything but peanuts and a hint of roasted malt and chocolate. The taste is initially hops/malt/peanuts that quickly gives way to a heavier peanut, chocolate and coffee flavor. The feel is what a milk stout should be...smooth and creamy.

Not an everyday beer but just what the doctor ordered when I get a craving for a PB stout.

4.32/5  rDev +5.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Had on tap. Dark black body with two fingers of dark brown foam. Smells features roasted peanuts, dark chocolate, oats, sugary malt, and slight coffee. The taste was incredible, maybe the best tasting pb stout out there, with formidable dark chocolate and light coffee, waltzing with lush peanuts, lactose, slight vanilla, and oat. Very smooth and creamy, a wonderful milk stout in the body despite sweet adjuncts .

4.12/5  rDev +0.5%

Pours a very dark brown with a half inch beige head that was pretty well retained and left nice lacing. Smells of peanuts, peanut butter and roasted malts. Tastes of peanuts, peanut butter, medium roast malts, semisweet chocolate, some lactose sweetness and coffee. Medium to full bodied, light carbonation, creamy mouth feel.

3.83/5  rDev -6.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

12oz can served in a tulip. Beer is completely black in color and forms a nice brown head which rapidly falls. Sweet peanut butter chocolate aroma. Flavor is milky and sweet and carries a solid load of peanut flavor. A delicious dessert beer.

4.13/5  rDev +0.7%

bottle poured into a chalice

Dark brown liquid, thin creamy taupe foam layer with some big bubbles on the surface, good lacings

aroma is peanutty

taste is sweet, peanutty, slight dark roast taste and finish

Low carbonation
good beer

3.89/5  rDev -5.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

From a 12oz can:

Appearance: Dark brown, good head.

Smell: Peanut butter, nutty.

Taste: Sweet, moderate peanut butter flavor, nutty.

Overall: Tried this peanut butter stout in Arizona. I've had several peanut butter stouts/porters now, at first I really liked them due to the subtlety of the peanut butter, now I feel there's almost too much peanut butter flavor in them. Tastes fine, just not in my wheelhouse.

4.86/5  rDev +18.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Discovered this delicious dark beer at Yard House in Las Vegas. I think I’m in love and addicted. Truly has a wonderful mixture of peanut butter and chocolate, but not so unnatural that one doesn’t know they’re drinking a delicious beer

Pours dark black with taste of peanut butter and chocholate. Dry overall, but the peanut butter is a nice touch. I have tasted better and I have tasted worse..

3.8/5  rDev -7.3%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Pitch black, one finger mocha head
Aroma of peanut butter, milk, cocoa
The taste follows with a quite dry impression
The mouthfeel is thin and moderatly carbonated
Overall not really a dessert beer despites the peanut added

4.2/5  rDev +2.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Bomber, bottled on 2/5/18. Pours opaque black with a small dark brown head. Aroma is peanut butter, chocolate, and sweet malt. Taste is basically the same. I passed this one over a few times because peanut butter beer didn’t sound good but I’m glad I finally tried it. Peanut butter isn’t my go to beer flavor but it’s not bad and I can see it pairing well with some foods.

4.25/5  rDev +3.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Poured from a can with small tan head and solid dark body. Smells of coffee and peanut butter. Taste is of coffee, like a ground bean with none of the gritty texture, very smooth, and an undercurrent of peanut. I expected more of a peanut butter flavor. Regardless, I enjoyed the smooth taste and feel.

3.18/5  rDev -22.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

Hmmm...not good. I looked for a date on the bottle but none was to be found - hoping that this was a fluke bad beer from a brewery I respect. I love peanut butter and I love stouts so I had high hopes for this beer. And the high ratings here got me excited. Alas, I was sorely disappointed. Started off good - nice dark brown color with loads of fluffy tan head and some dissipating sheets of lingering lacing. Smells strongly of peanut butter, but with a little sourness and some weaker malt flavors. Barely any chocolate or coffee aromas. The taste wasn’t good though - that sour artificial peanut flavor dominated, and overwhelmed any other notes of malt, coffee, chocolate, caramel or vanilla. Too acidic and sour, with a thin slightly creamy mouthfeel and good carbonation. Would have been great if only the taste were more balanced and not so sour.

4.11/5  rDev +0.2%

12oz can. Poured out an opaque, jet-black color with a small, light brown head of foam. It smelled like a peanut butter cup. Such a sweet aroma. Nice blend of peanut butter flavor with chocolate and caramel.

4.86/5  rDev +18.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

L: Jet black color, half finger brown head, ok lacing, no visible carbonation.

S: Peanut butter, chocolate, coffee. Nice!

T: Peanut butter goodness!!! Like drinking liquid peanut butter. Just amazing.

F: Medium bodied, loads of flavor. Like LOADS.

O: This beer tastes EXACTLY like the can reads. Peanut butter milk stout. The end.

4.32/5  rDev +5.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

Pours a dark near black brown with a thick mocha head that falls back gradually leaving a decent amount of lacing. Aroma is peanut butter forward with dark roasted malts. Flavor follows the nose with some sweet chocolate added. Feel is light bodied with adequate carbonation. Overall one of the better peanut butter milk stouts I've tried.

3.91/5  rDev -4.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Appearance - Pours black with a nice thin tan head that settles to a thin ring. Not much lacing at all.

Aroma - Rich peanut butter, roasted malts, vanilla, rich bakers chocolate. Almost smells like decadent peanut butter cup really rich aroma.

Taste - Taste is peanut butter up front, vanilla, roast malts finishing with fresh roasted peanuts. Tastes like what it says light ABV peanut butter milk stout.

Feel - Thin even for a milk stout, creamy slightly dry finish.

Overall - Decent milk stout nice flavors smooth easy drinking.

4.9/5  rDev +19.5%

All I can say is Ka-POW. I don’t like peanut butter on anything except peanut butter and jelly. So when I taste this first time I was not expecting it to or want me like it did. It pours beautiful with a dark brown body finished with light Carmel toasty brown head. I can say it’s one of the only beers out there that taste exactly like it smells: peanut butter and richness of chocolate and a beautiful taste in your mouth. It goes great with ice cream or anything desserty. I tell everyone about this and I can say WOW. I now have two versions of this at my restaurant. This one and Mexican Chocolate Verison.

4.08/5  rDev -0.5%

This stout pours a dark brown that settles to a motor oil black with small, silky ½ finger tan head that dissipates leaving a thin veil over the top of the glass. Smell. No surprise it's got a roasted peanut butter with a hint of dark chocolate. Taste follows the nose on this stout, a well round, roasted peanut and chocolate flavor with a light coffee taste combined with a milky sweetness. Overall, it's a nice stout, a bit watery and not much viscosity but still drinks smooth.

3.83/5  rDev -6.6%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

On nitro tap at BC's Pizza & Beer

A: Pours cascading browns before setting in nearly black with a slight creamy khaki head that leaves some light lacing.

S: Big milk chocolate, earthy, Roasty, peanut butter, and plenty of lactose and caramel sweetness.

T: Roasty, milk chocolate, earthy, a fair hit of peanut butter but not overwhelming, a touch of vanilla, and plenty of lactose and caramel sweetness.

M: A bit on the lighter side of medium body, moderate carbonation.

O: Probably the best peanut butter stout I've had so far, but still not great. I feel like itsdialed back the sweetest a bit it would work better.

Dark brown with an amber tinge, topped with 3 fingers of beige head.

Smells of peanut butter and chocolate.

Tastes of peanut butter, and chocolate, with a light sweetness.

Thick body with little carbonation.

Really enjoying this brew. Drank in Aug, 2018 in Redding, CA.

4.85/5  rDev +18.3%

My brother introduced me to this unique style of craft beer. This takes beer to a new level. A whole new genre of beers. Certainly like anything, you either have a taste or desire for something or you don't, Or like certain things like wine you attain an inherent liking or love for it. Or perhaps a hate for it. I like peanut butter. However I would never eat a peanut butter sandwich with beer, but I would eat peanuts WITH beer. I think it just depends on the combination of things for me. Going into this I was certain it was going to be a complete failure but after tasting this THICK, RICH and TASTY cold beverage I was completely taken to a new world. One I have now embraced when trying any new craft beer. Point is, give everything a try. It doesn't mean it will always be good, but you will never know until you try. In this case, for ME, I dig it. Now lets enjoy one and smoke some Ganja. After all Yahuah our Creator gave us ALL PLANTS of the earth to eat! Its true, read Bereshith (Genesis) Chapter 1. Shalom. (Yahuah though Yahushua is the only way brother)

4.06/5  rDev -1%

Served on nitro. I think this one straddles the line of acceptable sweetness without jacking your insulin rate. The peanut butter is borderline cloying and not quite authentic tasting but it still works.

4.92/5  rDev +20%

Award winning for a reason, this beer is everything you expect in a beer that claims to be the best in its class. This stout pours a dark brown-black color with a short cascade creating a creamy frothy tan head that dissipates quickly. Smell is of chocolate wafers, hazelnut, and peanuts. The taste is absolutely the same as the smell. A strong chocolate and roasted peanut flavor blend perfectly with the flavor of fresh roasted coffee creating the perfect milk stout. I will buy this every chance I get.

3.76/5  rDev -8.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Forgot who brought this to the bottle share but thanks for doing so, I've passed them a bunch at Winco but never pulled the trigger given my love/meh/hate relationship with peanut butter beers (mostly in the meh/hate category).

Pours a mixture of brown and black, slightly leaning into the brown category moreso. Small lighter brown head 1/4". Aroma kicked down a nice yield of peanut butter. Not much else beyond that.

The taste is all peanut butter, as advertised pretty much. If you're looking to notice the hopping, bitterness, roastiness, maltiness, etc. . . it prolly isn't going to happen. You get some lactose and peanut butter. That's about it. For what it does, it does well. Can they do it as part of a beer with other things going on? Who knows. I'd totally be down with this, but melded to something else. . . more viscosity, roasted malt, bourbon barrel aging, whatever. Good albeit almost one dimensional (its two). Not heavy for a stout that's for sure.

Peanut Butter Milk Stout from Belching Beaver Brewery