Cherry Light

From:
Big Dog's Draft House

Nevada, United States
Avail:
Retired (no longer brewed)
Wants
Gots
SCORE
n/a
Notes:
Reviews by TheLongBeachBum:
TheLongBeachBum from California

2.26/5  rDev -10.3%

Presentation: Sampled on draft at Big Dog’s Brewing Co./Draft House during a visit with fellow BA UncleJimbo.

I wrote down that this was called Cherry Light, I also recall the server telling us that is was spelled as I type it, and not Lite, but I didn’t see it listed anywhere and it certainly wasn’t to be confused with the Cherry Wheat Ale.

Appearance: Pure light yellow body, Euro Lager body with a pure white head. Good carbonation and head retention.

Nose: Deep fruity IPA aromas with lots of floral hops. Has a clean nose that exhibits a flowery hop character overall.

Taste: Bland Lit Lager start is soon immersed in cherry essence, sharp dark skinned cherry syrup tastes that last forever and linger long.

Mouthfeel: Thin and Light….what else would you expect right??

Drinkability: Fought my way through it, the cherry “essence” really becomes quite prevalent at the end and extremely off-putting…..finishing this reminded me of the taste in my mouth after days when I would literally eat packets of cherry throat lozenges when I sat at home with a sore throat and a bad Cold. Diuretic.

Overall: This was the last beer that both UncleJimbo and I shared at Big Dogs before heading out to Tenaya Creek for some Brewpub beers. Guess we didn’t want to ruin the previously high quality brews we had there.

Well I guess after Cherry Coke….Cherry Lite was only around the corner…

Glad I only got a half-pint……please leave this one for the Sally’s.

Mar 03, 2005
UncleJimbo from Massachusetts

2.78/5  rDev +10.3%

Sampled on-tap at the Draft House.

This light fruit ale poured a clear, light yellow color with creamy, very white foam that settled but clung to the glass. There was a steady stream of bubbles from the bottom of the glass. The smell was light: fruity cherries and modest maltiness. The taste was dominated by sweet cherries with a light maltiness and very, very low hop presence. Truly a light beer somewhat overdosed with cherry flavoring. The mouthfeel was sweet with light body and strong carbonation. The dominating cherry flavor lingered well into the aftertaste. This beer was served very, very cold, and was OK, but it was basically a very light beer with a bit too much cherry flavor which overwhelmed the thin body. I did manage to finish my entire glass, but I wouldn't rush back to order another.

Mar 08, 2005