Apricot Nectar | Alpine Beer Company

Alpine Beer Company
alpinebeerco.com

Style: American Pale Wheat Ale

Availability: Summer

The base for this beer is Willy Wheat. They add Apricot extract to the tanks during aging to make the final product.
Draft availability only.

Added by xlperro on 08-03-2003

first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast

4.62/5  rDev +23.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Perfectly balanced sweetness, fruitiness, and flowery aromatics. Very drinkable.

4.5/5  rDev +20.6%

4.42/5  rDev +18.5%

On tap at the brewery in August 2009.

Poured a light yellow with a bit of an apricot-colored tint to it. A good amount of lacing. The aroma's first scent is straight-up apricot, although underneath some of the typical characteristics of an American Pale Wheat Ale kick in. The taste is quite similar, with the apricot being the dominant taste. I really liked what they did with this one, and would love to taste this sort of apricot on other styles as well, maybe a berliner weiss with it. The overall body was light, and the drinkability was excellent.

4.32/5  rDev +15.8%

Growler fill from the source.

A- A clear light golden straw color, pours with a modest snowy white head with minimal lacing.

S- At first I can really pick out just apricot, I do get stone fruits in general, that makes my mouth water. It does not smell like beer plus apricot juice, it has its own personality.

T- Well, apricot is definetly on the palate up front. It blends so well with the mellow biscuity background.

M- Nothing too special here. Light bodied, with good carbonation.

D- I am not a huge fruity beer guy, but.... This is by far my favorite. It is so easy to drink. My wife and I call this our breakfast beer when we go camping.

4.16/5  rDev +11.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

4.06/5  rDev +8.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

A: This beer looks great. It is crystal clear and golden.

S: this was the least impressive aspect of the beer. The smell was nice but not great. Malt and apricot were present but made an appearance instead of a performance.

T: Nice mild malt flavor and discernable apricot. It gave me the classic instant reward of good beer flavor. The only reason that I didnt rate the beer higher was that there is a flavor that is a bit metallic but only faintly so.

M: Clean, crisp, and delightfully bubbly. Couldnt ask for anything more.

D: This stuff is refreshing and sessionable. The only aspect that would make this any more drinkable is the flavor.

I usually dont grab this stuff when I make my way to Alpine but there was a chance my wife might enjoy it. When we had the AN with our dinner tonight I was pleasantly surprised on two accounts, one that I liked the beer more than I had remembered and and two, that my wife said that it was one of the better beers that she had tasted. I am a happy man.

3.95/5  rDev +5.9%

Purchased during a recent visit to the Alpine Beer Company with fellow BA xlperro on 29th July 2005, some Two Years after my first visit here, also courtesy of BigDog.

The Apricot Nectar was available as a sampler whilst I waited for my two recently purchased Alpine Growlers to be filled with Emerson Lager and Pure Hoppiness. Described as the Willy Wheat with Apricot. Listed Strength was 4.9%ABV if I remember rightly.

Soft cuddly golden color had a little turbidity to it; the head was a minimally sized pure white affair. Spritzy carbonation even in the sampler. Lovely inviting nose, a mixture of freshly peeled Apricots and some tinned Peach tones – which lend one to question where the Apricot flavoring actually comes from. Taste is perfect, like most of Alpine Beer Company’s offerings; the carbonation is smooth and well-placed and supports the tastes without fault. The Apricot is not over powering but moreover this is a Wheaty offering with a soft luscious hint of fresh Apricots. Very nicely put together, I’m not big on “standard base beers with fruity essence added”, but this one works extremely well……..so much so I wish they would bottle this instead of the rather aggressive Mandarin Nectar.

This is a very good offering; I can vividly remember the fresh Apricot and the wheaty nature of this one from the smallest of samples. Gonna grab me a Growler of this on my return and do a proper Review!!! Recommended!

3.94/5  rDev +5.6%