Duet | Alpine Beer Company

DuetDuet

Alpine Beer Company
alpinebeerco.com

Style: American IPA

A soon-to-be favorite, if it's already not. This single IPA boasts pine, citrus, and cedar notes from Simcoe and Amarillo hops.

Added by SteveO1231 on 12-31-2005

Ratings: 4,363 |  Reviews: 877

This beer pours a light golden color with a white head. The head fades fast, leaving a lot of laces.

This beer has a grassy hop aroma. It also has a slight citrus aroma.

This beer has a very grassy flavor. It reminds me of when I cut the grass. When the grass is fresh cut and a little moist. It sounds lame, but every time I drink it, I get a picture in my mind of mowing the lawn.

This refreshing beer goes down smooth, leaving a grassy taste, and a grassy memory. It is carbonated well.

This beer would probably make a good session beer. It tastes great. I doubt I would ever get tired of it.

From my haul last week at Alpine. Super fresh having just been bottled. Pours a beautiful yellow orange with a nice one inch thick pale white thick head that clings to my glass leaving intricate lacing as I sip down. The nose is a tropical fruit salad in a glass, mango and pineapple and lemon lead the way before being chased down by the super intensity of the Simcoe and Amarillo hop explosion, just amazing nose. Flavors of tangerine, mango, grapefruit and lemon peel attack the tongue with a balancing act from the malt to deliver an amazingly balanced brew. The mouth is crisp, refreshing and lively from the perfect carbonation, it begs to be gulped, but don't, nurturing this brew brings out a plethora of Flavors and complexities for those who sip. I am an unabashed Alpine head and am in San Diego on a weekly basis on business so I am fortunate to drop in for lunch and refills and get to try a lot of Alpine beer. This along with Nelson, Pure Hoppiness and Exponential Hoppiness are world class ales that I hope all BA folks get a chance to drink at least once.

Duet from Alpine Beer Company