I'm Hot For Wheat-Cher | Acoustic Ales Brewing Experiment

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Acoustic Ales Brewing Experiment
California, United States | website

Style: American IPA

Don’t let the subtle nose through you off! The Caliente Hops added to the boil give this medium-full bodied wheat beer a surprising hoppy kick mid pallet and lingering floral bitterness on the finish.

Added by mactrail on 06-15-2013

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 2
Reviews by mactrail:
2.89/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.75

On tap at The Public House in La Jolla in the usual pint shaker. Supposed to be a Wheat IPA with Caliente hops. Medium amber color with an orange cast. Rather thin and sharp. I am already not a fan of the Caliente hop, and we've only just met. I don't find much information on it, but the flavor just seems mostly bitter with barely a hint of the pine and fruity flavors that are so popluar.

The aftertaste is chalky with more bitterness. Not much malt. More of a vegetable taste with a dose of medicine. I wish I was tasting more wheat or more malt. I always have to try a new hop, and I'll try the next one I see, and I'll be interested in what people have to say about it.

4.08/5  rDev n/a
look: 4.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

On tap at the Acoustic Ales tasting room and is classified as a White IPA. The aroma is subtle, but the medium to full bodied beer will give you a nice surprise throughout. The Caliente hops come through mid-palate and give the beer a floral , bitter finish. Very drinkable and one of the best White IPA's out there in my opinion.

I'm Hot For Wheat-Cher from Acoustic Ales Brewing Experiment
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.