Tenacious Traveler Shandy | The Traveler Beer Co.

Tenacious Traveler ShandyTenacious Traveler Shandy

The Traveler Beer Co.
Vermont, United States
travelerbeer.com

Style: Herbed / Spiced Beer

The Tenacious Traveler is invigorating, breaking from the norm of traditional Shandys. A persistent fellow with a spicy disposition, TT is a bright, vibrant wheat beer brewed with real ginger and clover honey that delivers the perfect balance between sweet and spice.

Added by jwc215 on 10-09-2012

4.75/5  rDev +46.6%

4.5/5  rDev +38.9%

4.25/5  rDev +31.2%

4.25/5  rDev +31.2%

4.1/5  rDev +26.5%

I've got to say - despite the midding reviews I've been on the lookout for this guy. I just love ginger, and a shandy with ginger sounded right up my alley. It really is a stunning looking beer, it's got a nice hazy color that goes from white on the thin areas of my glass to orange of the thick. The aroma is superb, it's got a nice sharp lemon and ginger aroma that really draws me in. A big honey note comes in on the tongue that I didn't get out of the nose, along with the very nice lemon flavor and a ginger note that works well with the wheaty finish. As a ginger maniac, I want more ginger and less honey, but it's still tasty. The mouthfeel seems a a bit too heavy and sticky at the finish. Don't get me wrong, it's got a light body, but it seems to stick around a little too long in the mouth. The drinkability is solid. Overall, a good shandy that offers a nice twist on the formula.

3.97/5  rDev +22.5%

Opaque maize color like a glass of dark honey. Head quickly fritters and fizzles away. Smells like Arizona lemon iced tea. Tastes like honey and shandy. I'm not picking up any ginger.

Certainly better than most lemonade beer concoctions. As of now I'm' not sure the shandy bar has been set high enough to make that a safe or bold statement.

3.91/5  rDev +20.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

This is actually a good fruit beer compared to the others that I have had. The lemon taste wasn't overbearing compared to Leinenkugel. It had a mix of lemon, grapefruit, and orange. A nice light fruit beer that can be enjoyed during the warm weather.

3.86/5  rDev +19.1%

Here it is, a little over a year since I became Curious and now I am becoming Tenacious.

From the bottle: "Ale brewed with Lemon Peel with Natural Flavors, Honey, & Ginger added"; "Quite a refresher!"

Once again, this series has a propensity to foam up in an explosive manner and so one's pour must be somewhat gentle as a result (unless you like beer foaming up and out of your glass). Four pours later, the bottle was empty and the glass held two fingers of big, dense, foamy, bone-white head with excellent retention. Color was a murky yellowish-orange (SRM = > 7, < 9). It may be subliminal suggestion, but I swear that I really could smell lemon, honey and ginger on the nose! It was like smelling a Hall's cough drop. I do not mean that to be funny, but that is of what I was immediately reminded. Mouthfeel was full, bubbly and the flavors were all there, present and accountable. I think that they could dial the honey back some, though, as it was getting in the way of the lemon tartness, especially and even muting the spice of the ginger, rendering it sweeter than I would prefer. That said, of the three of the Travelers that I have had, this would probably be the one that I would reach for on a hot summer's day. The finish was crisp and refreshing, semi-dry, let's call it. Not bad, but not precisely my cup of tea, either.

3.75/5  rDev +15.7%

Tenacious Traveler Shandy from The Traveler Beer Co.