Jack-O Traveler Shandy | The Traveler Beer Co.

Jack-O Traveler ShandyJack-O Traveler Shandy
3.51/5
Jack-O Traveler ShandyJack-O Traveler Shandy

The Traveler Beer Co.
Vermont, United States
travelerbeer.com

Style: Pumpkin Ale

Availability: Fall

Jack-O Traveler is an alluring wheat beer illuminated by the tastes of fall. He strikes a perfect balance between bright refreshment and seasonal spice. Jack is brewed with fresh pumpkin, for a delicious dark-hued, Shandy-inspired beer.

Added by chudson1992 on 09-03-2013

Sickening sweet flavor made the mistake of buying a six pack. Neither the wife or me could make it through one. Ended up pouring the other 4 down the drain.

From an ABC mixed six - it was terrible. Poured a brown color almost like it was 'off'. Very syrupy sweet, like fake lemonade. Bessie had to finish it for me....

1.06/5  rDev -69.8%

Horrid, sickening sweet and tastes of pumpkin pie spices. Among the worst beers I've every had. Its orange red in color, smells like pumpkin spice latte, tastes offensive and is so awful in the mouth I had to chock it down. Overall, garbage.

1.5/5  rDev -57.3%

1.8/5  rDev -48.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

A. Average poor, little head that dissipates in seconds. Very little carbonation. Color dark cloudy orange that traps the light and promotes inner shadows.
S. Pumpkin spice, burnt pumpkin pie but not in a good way.
T. At first taste is pumpkin spice followed by gag reflex kicking in. To be blunt it tastes like a 40oz of Old English 800 with pumpkin spice. Separately they are good but together gross.
M. Watery, little syrup.
O. One of the worst pumpkin beers I’ve had. Don’t bother.

1.85/5  rDev -47.3%

In reviewing this beer, I will describe my experience in how I even came to have a pint of it sitting in front of me. The bar I was at had just kicked the Southern Tier Pumpking. The Travelers was the replacement. They gave me a taster. It actually tasted pretty good.

Don't fall into that trap. One one ounce swallow is akin to getting a sip of Hawaiian Punch. It tastes pretty good. It's when you get a mouth full, then a throat full, and then a belly full of this stuff, you realize the mistake you made.

It's sickly sweet and fizzy. It's almost like a soda. It smells pretty good, and it looks pretty good. But, the flavors are cloying.

I wish I had looked it up on BA before I "fell" for the taster offered to me.

Hey, there's a market for Boone's Farm too, so this will appeal to some people's tastes. Unfortunately, not mine.

1.93/5  rDev -45%

I don't really care for this one. There's kind of a weird soda smell and aftertaste, possibly because of the extreme carbonation. Also seems over spiced. I probably wouldn't get this again.

Very sweet, to much! Very pumpkin pie heavy. Smells great if you wake up Thankgiving morning yearning for a Pumpkin Pie! Did not like the sweetness!

This beer tastes like diet coke.

Wasn't crazy about this, something about wheat and pumpkin just don't go together. The wheat makes this beer really weird and almost slimy feeling as you sip when combined with the pumpkin. Was burping up pumpkin spice flavor for hours long after I had half a bottle and not in a good way. Just wasn't for me I guess.

2.03/5  rDev -42.2%

Waaaaaay too sweet.

2.06/5  rDev -41.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

L : dark brown, tiny head....tiny

S : clove, nutmeg, cinnamon. Kind of pumpkin, maybe more pumpkin pie. Think bay rum cologne.

T : Tastes like bay rum cologne. Cinnamon, fake pumpkin, nutmeg, more fake pumpkin. Smell bay rum cologne, and tell me this isn't it.

F : felt a bit thin, easy to drink (if you like drinking pumpkin extract)

O : Again, like bay rum cologne, or a cinnamon jockstrap. Not very good. Actually, the worst pumpkin "beer" I've had. Smells good, tastes bad.

2.06/5  rDev -41.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 1.75

2.08/5  rDev -40.7%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2

Jack-O Traveler Shandy from The Traveler Beer Co.