Agave | Adroit Theory Brewing Company

Added by yourefragile on 02-09-2014

3.7

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 7
3.63/5  rDev -1.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 4

I actually really enjoyed this beer, but even though it's listed as an IPA, it has a fruitier taste to it, almost makes me think of an abbey ale. The beer is quite clear, light amber, but with more or less no head (dissipates fairly quickly). I also don't get much from the smell, little plum, maybe, light floral notes.

The taste to me is plum and raisin, some spices (little cinnamon or allspice) until the end taste where I get the agave. Really an enjoyable beer to drink. The feel is smooth, no real carbonation in this pour. The fruit tastes also supply a light tartness.

I rated this as a DIPA, which it didn't really seem to fit. That said, I think I'd give it a half a notch up overall for a beer, 3.8-3.9 about.

Agave from Adroit Theory Brewing Company