Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Love Belgian Beer?

2.9

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 5
Reviews by ScorpyX:
2.84/5  rDev -2.1%

I was excited to try this fairly new brewery in Golden and add a growler to my collection. I tend to enjoy the darker fare, particularly porters and stouts, so I was looking forward to this porter. It's a little disappointing, though.

A: Pretty much what you'd expect and that's a great thing. Dark and rich, with a thin head that doesn't last long.

S: Sweet and smoky, though the sweetness dominates a little more than I'd like. It's almost overwhelming, but certainly reminds you of a typical porter or even a brown ale.

T: The nose tells it, with the sweetness dominating. Too much, in my opinion. There's a smokiness on the swallow that I'd normally enjoy if it beter complemented the other elements, but instead they come across as disparate, incomplete flavors.

M: Fairly smooth, but also thin and diluted. Something else that feels incomplete.

If anything, this beer tastes like a work in progress. I'd like to give their other beers a try though. Golden's a nice little town and their brewery is a great new space, so I'll be back to sample others, but I doubt Pandan will be part of my usual purchases.

3.53/5  rDev +21.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

3.5/5  rDev +20.7%

2.5/5  rDev -13.8%

I love my porters, this one good but not great.

Pandan Porter from Mountain Toad Brewing
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.