I'm So Excited, I'm So Scared

May 31, 2015
SCORE
World-Class
I'm So Excited, I'm So ScaredI'm So Excited, I'm So Scared
Notes: Hey there, tiger: lose control (and like it) with a little I'm So Excited, I'm So Scared. This ferociously coffee-d imperial stout is just like grabbing a booth at The Max, then hunkering down for a study sesh' with a big pot o' joe. Coffee aroma so good it’ll have you yelling “FRESH POTS!” Rock and roll? You ain't seen nothing yet.
Recent ratings and reviews. | Log in to view more ratings + sorting options.

Rated: 4.53 by ummswimmin from New Jersey

Mar 21, 2021

Rated: 4.29 by psweendogg from Connecticut

Jan 30, 2021

Rated: 4.4 by DucksFan16 from Tennessee

Sep 02, 2020
Reviewed by Tony210 from New Jersey

look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25
Pours very dark with ample foamy head. Big coffee aroma with some chocolate and vanilla. Big chocolate and coffee flavor, nice vanilla finish with a big dose of coffee bitterness, probably due to the age of the beer. Creamy and full bodied. Overall a very good pastry stout, aged nicely.

5/9/20
Bomber, no date, prom 2 years old
4.25 rating
May 09, 2020
Reviewed by ChrisMon02 from Ohio

4.41/5  rDev +3.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25
Bomber sent to me from my brother.

Deep brown color-1finger head. Nose is deep roast coffee, vanilla and caramel. Taste follows the nose. Coffee forward and delicious. Just enough vanilla sweetness to balance. Really enjoying this one. Well crafted and highly recommended.
Jan 25, 2020

Rated: 4.13 by beerjerk666 from Florida

May 26, 2019
Reviewed by scream from Wisconsin

4.16/5  rDev -2.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4
Overall a very good beer. I have just started so maybe my thoughts will change. I was expecting something bigger that would really grab me. We will see.
May 24, 2019

Rated: 4.75 by bdiiorio from Connecticut

May 01, 2019
Reviewed by WunderLlama from Massachusetts

look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25
Bomber poured into snifter, dark brown liquid crowned by a brown two finger foam cap

Aroma of coffee, roast malts , vanilla

Taste is sweet vanilla on the front, roasted coffee, roaste malts on the finish

Have the roast coffee taste linger but doesn’t bite

Good beer
Apr 06, 2019

Rated: 4.27 by Prost76 from New Hampshire

Rated: 4.19 by ScottP from New Hampshire

Rated: 4.37 by Ben1313 from New Hampshire

Reviewed by lordofthewiens from New Mexico

4.19/5  rDev -1.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25
Happy to have the opportunity to try some beers from Funky Buddha.
This beer is nearly black with a half-inch tan head that persisted.
Coffee is the primary aroma, with some chocolate and vanilla.
Ditto with the taste. Nice balance.
Smooth drinking, would never guess it is 10% ABV.
Mar 01, 2019

Rated: 3.9 by Grinky from Illinois

Jan 19, 2019
Rated by OompaMentor from Georgia

3.75/5  rDev -12.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75
6/15/2018
Jan 02, 2019

Rated: 4.13 by BeardedWalrus from North Carolina

Dec 27, 2018
Reviewed by NeroFiddled from Pennsylvania

4.14/5  rDev -3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4
Funky Buddha Brewery "I'm So Excited, I'm So Scared"
1 pint 6 fl. oz. brown glass bottle. Ink-jet coding is too small to be legible.
$13.99 @ Knightly Spirits O.B.T., Orlando, FL

Notes via stream of consciousness: So what do we have here? An "Imperial stout with coffee and vanilla added"... that sounds good but I'm not sure it warrants such a name. Excited? Yes. Scared? No. - I must be missing something. So OK, it's poured a typical stout appearance with a nice creamy tan head that's holding really well. The aroma displays some coffee. It's like fresh coffee beans, but also like brewed coffee, but it's not strong. That's the wrong word... it's not bright and full, it's not like a fresh cup of coffee or fresh and oily coffee beans, it's just not that rich... it's like good quality spent coffee grains. That doesn't even sound good but it's probably true... ahh, it's actually better than that but not by much. Of course I don't know if this is a fresh bottle. Let me check that ink-jet coding again... no, even with a magnifying glass that's illegible. Beyond that there's a nice cocoa-ish and fudge-like note. It's a nice aroma but it's not eye-opening. On to the flavor... the coffee continues in the same vein, and it's nice but it's not great. The chocolate side is pleasant and balancing, as is the vanilla. I'm assuming it's real as it certainly seems so, and that might explain the high price tag. There's a light touch of fruitiness that I'm assuming comes from the yeast and isn't really specific. I'd call it apple-like if I had to define it. A stiff bitterness balances it straight through, and it finishes sweet and then dry once the sweet malt erodes. Some cocoa and very dull leafy and earthy hops linger. In the mouth it's medium bodied bordering on medium-full and creamy smooth. How strong is this beer? 10% abv? It doesn't seem it, the alcohol never really shows, it only suggests the overall strength but you can get that in even a beer of 7%. Overall I give it credit and I wonder if it's really vanilla? More importantly, do I want to pay for real vanilla? I'd rather have it than extract but damn, it's expensive! - I think I'd rather just skip the beer. Unfortunately with global warming continuing vanilla will continue to be rare, and shortly, chocolate as well. Sheesh! Maybe I should get it while I can. Oh, wait, is coffee on the endangered list as well? DOH! If you're a fan of coffee beers get it while you can.
Review# 6,401
Dec 22, 2018
Reviewed by Junior from Michigan

look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25
Poured from a bottle into a snifter:
L - Thick and black with a foamy mocha head.
S - Roasted malt, coffee and chocolate.
T - Roasted malt, coffee and chocolate.
F - Thick and full.
O - Terrific beer, very well balanced and drinkable.
Dec 09, 2018

Rated: 4.35 by Jonathan-Morgan from Florida

Dec 02, 2018

Rated: 4.31 by DaveCash from New York

Nov 30, 2018
Reviewed by bl00 from Pennsylvania

3.69/5  rDev -13.6%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75
Pours opaque black, 1 finger of brown head, fine bubbles.
Coffee dominates the nose, roasty and black pepper notes.
Taste is coffee, cream, vanilla, peppery finish with lingering coffee notes. Caramel notes emerge as it warms.
Mouthfeel is thick and smooth.
Overall, this feels like it could be really special but something is off for me.
Oct 29, 2018

Rated: 4.25 by StoutAtTheDevil from Alabama

Jul 01, 2018
Reviewed by Treyliff from West Virginia

4.34/5  rDev +1.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25
22oz bottle poured into a tulip

A- pours deep black in color with a one-finger creamy khaki colored head that has good retention before settling into a ring around the edge

S- bold notes of espresso and mocha cream with undertones of charred malt, anise, dark chocolate and a hint of smoke, loads of coffee

T- flavor follows the nose with bold earthy and herbal espresso up front, followed by undertones of mocha, vanilla whipping cream, charred malt & dark chocolate. The finish gives more herbal coffee with a malty sweetness that lingers of vanilla and chocolate

M- medium-thick body with moderate carbonation leads to a creamy mouthfeel that continues into a velvety, silky, slightly warming finish

O- awesome straight up coffee stout that tastes like espresso
Jun 30, 2018